"A token of appreciation for sailing with us..."

woldridge

We just returned from Alaska at the end of May and our email said to Austrailia/New Zealand. We were welcomed to the Captains Club even though this was our 4th X cruise.

We appreciate the offer but the wrong info in the email takes a bit away from it.

Edited by floralscent

All valid points here about why this marketing effort is flawed.

But keep in mind that it IS a marketing effort. The purpose is to generate new business, not simply show "appreciation". But for people who have booked future cruises but did not book on board, this might actually be a good thing (if the price has not gone up) as it can be combined with another offer. But this is not the target audience.

For folks who were thinking about booking but hadn't quite committed, this will be the push they need to make the decision. In those cases, it's a "win-win".

My letter was actually accurate as it said "It was a pleasure to welcome you as a Captain's Club member on board Celebrity Infinity® on your cruise." but no mention of the itinerary (we were on a South America b2b2b in Feb/March so I have no idea which cruise it was. It made me at least think about booking something new (haven't done it, but the offer did have some impact and might work). I've asked my TA to see if I book something now and move it to a new one if the offer will still hold. If it does, they might get to hold some deposit money for a while "just in case". And I suspect I am not the only person that fits this profile.

As a marketing tool, I think this is a good idea. As an example of execution, it is typical of Celebrity's amazingly poor shore-based performance. It is truly a Jekyll and Hyde corporation - crap on shore and gold on water. I feel sorry for those dedicated employees (and we all know there are some) that have to deal with poor corporate management and policies.

Well, at least all of you are getting emails from Celebrity, whether they are correct or incorrect.

I was on three cruises before my husband got on one, yet he gets emails from Celebrity. One time I started getting emails in Spanish! Yes I'm 1/2 Spanish (but they don't know that) and my last name is Italian. Go figure.

I've contacted Celebrity numerous times to correct the email problem and still miss out on getting information in a timely manner.

Monica

No complaints from us. We received the emails on Monday, they were addressed to our true first names, and referenced the proper ship and itinerary we sailed in March/April earlier this year. We had three existing bookings for 2014 and 2015, so we had our TA look into combining the offer. The pricing for our November 2014 sailing was up quite a bit so we could not combine. However, pricing for the 2015 dates was the same as when we booked, so Celebrity granted the bonus onboard credit for those two bookings without any haggling. X has always been good to us in handling things of this sort, and we are grateful. We always work through a TA and find X's responsiveness to be more than adequate with a third party involved (plus we love the added perks from our TA). That is not to say that there are not glitches, but we must give credit when deserved.

No complaints from us. We received the emails on Monday, they were addressed to our true first names, and referenced the proper ship and itinerary we sailed in March/April earlier this year. We had three existing bookings for 2014 and 2015, so we had our TA look into combining the offer. The pricing for our November 2014 sailing was up quite a bit so we could not combine. However, pricing for the 2015 dates was the same as when we booked, so Celebrity granted the bonus onboard credit for those two bookings without any haggling. X has always been good to us in handling things of this sort, and we are grateful. We always work through a TA and find X's responsiveness to be more than adequate with a third party involved (plus we love the added perks from our TA). That is not to say that there are not glitches, but we must give credit when deserved.

Interesting. Since I never got the e-mail, correct or otherwise, I have no idea what they are offering. It would be nice to know since I have 3 cruises booked in 2015.

Interesting. Since I never got the e-mail, correct or otherwise, I have no idea what they are offering. It would be nice to know since I have 3 cruises booked in 2015.

From the email:

• $50 per cabin — Ocean View*

• $100 per cabin — Veranda*

• $150 per cabin — Concierge Class, AquaClass*

• $200 per cabin — Suites*

I am very surprised that people are getting this offer applied to existing bookings.

This is what my email said:

Offer is applicable to new individual bookings. Offer is combinable with one other offer, except, Exciting Deals, Book & Go packages, Premium vacation packages, interline, travel agent, and employee rates, and may be withdrawn at any time. Offer is not applicable to inside staterooms. Refer to celebritycruises.com for complete terms and conditions. Celebrity Cruises reserves the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions and to change or update fares, fees and surcharges at any time without prior notice. Modern Luxury is a trademark of Celebrity Cruises Inc.

I am very surprised that people are getting this offer applied to existing bookings.

This is what my email said:

Offer is applicable to new individual bookings. Offer is combinable with one other offer, except, Exciting Deals, Book & Go packages, Premium vacation packages, interline, travel agent, and employee rates, and may be withdrawn at any time. Offer is not applicable to inside staterooms. Refer to celebritycruises.com for complete terms and conditions. Celebrity Cruises reserves the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions and to change or update fares, fees and surcharges at any time without prior notice. Modern Luxury is a trademark of Celebrity Cruises Inc.

But someone is actually being a little bit practical. A person with an existing reservation that is outside the penalty period could cancel and rebook and get the offer. Sure, the wisdom of doing that depends on what other perks exist on the original booking and the current price. But if it was a simple booking with possibly the 123GO and if the rates haven't changed much, it would be a net savings to do it (assuming any TA penalties don't outweigh the OBC from this offer).

I know it is technically illegal to cancel and rebook for a new offer, but I doubt seriously if Celebrity's IT capabilities would be able to pick that up.

So somebody figured out that it wold take a lot less time and make a customer happy to just process the additional OBC onto the existing, qualifying reservation.

Mine said the Caribbean and we went to Bermuda. No big deal.. I don't suppose its good on existing bookings?

I got it too, and I did get it applied to an existing booking. Make sure you have the offer name when you call celebrity, and they should be able to add it!

Got the same one. Worthless! This happens every time they send out e-mails when you cruised 3 and 6 months before.

Why not make it a true "thank you" and allow it on the cruises you have already booked.

Also, now they are offering the "free gratuities" from what I understand? Friends advised us of this. We already got that from our TA. No perks for us looks like AND we have sailed with them since 1992. Never an upgrade, never any special perk, never anything. Sorry, CC has become a joke!

"This happens every time they send out e-mails when you cruised 3 and 6 months before."

AFAIK, this is the first time they have offered this promotion POSTTHANKU. Have you seen it before?

If the cruise you have booked has not changed price, you can ask that it be attached to that booking.

I got it too, and I did get it applied to an existing booking. Make sure you have the offer name when you call celebrity, and they should be able to add it!

Thanks for taking the time to let me know. I'll give it a try.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

ANY ONE IN THE UK FEEL LOVED????????????:confused:

But then I continually sign up for email offers and have yet received none, zilch...... so I have given up all hope already. I have called C Club, celebrity but they can't sort it out and said they will contact IT hummmmmm! That was months ago.

Edited by Blue Skies

ANY ONE IN THE UK FEEL LOVED????????????:confused:

But then I continually sign up for email offers and have yet received none, zilch...... so I have given up all hope already. I have called C Club, celebrity but they can't sort it out and said they will contact IT hummmmmm! That was months ago.

Well that was spooky!!! Today I received the first email from Celebrity since trying to sign up for promotional emails 12 months ago.

How about one to make me feel loved??????

That would be nice Celebrity.

Wow! Tough crowd here on Cruise Critic. :D We got the email and will be booking something soon.

Very pleased for you, but...........

how long will I have to wait to feel loved?........won't hold my breath:eek: