No Shampoo! Really?

I'm a darn good writer of these things, but I do know when to throw in the clue!

I have to do more of these! :D I'll give you some laughs!

"Royal Caribbean International announces new Cabin Door Lock Program".

Edited by loubetti

Royal Caribbean International announces new Amenities Packages for 2015

Miami, FL, 6/17/2014

Royal Caribbean International (RCI), the second largest operator of cruise ships in the world has announced that beginning in 2015 that it will offer to passengers various, luxurious amenities packages for the cabins. No longer will soap, shampoo, robes, slippers, towel animals, etc. be provided, instead guests will be able to purchase the fine amenities that they desire.

There will be several levels of packages, from ones that provide the basics of soap and shampoo, to ones that include conditioner, shower cap, sewing kit, hand cream, body lotion and more. Additional packages will include one that features robes and slippers, along with nightly turn down service, towel animals and a Godiva chocolate on the pillow.

Bathroom amenities will be manufactured for Royal Caribbean by the prestigious Cheetham & Steele of London.

No prices have been announced yet, but a spokesperson for RCI has stated that the prices will be "reasonable", and suggested that the basic package of just soap and shampoo will be around $5 per person per day, and the most extensive package at around $50 per person per day.

The RCI spokesperson added, "we are also considering bedding packages, where the guest can choose between mattress, sheets and pillow types; from just the basics to ultra luxurious, featuring 300 thread count sheets and memory foam mattresses. We are currently in discussions with the century old manufacturer of quality bedding Yoora Sukker of Germany."

Well done , that's funny.

Having allergies/sensitivity to strong, flowery smells, I always bring my own "stuff"!!!

I look like it is a cost saving measure, think of all the half used little bottles thrown away.

Everyone knows cruise lines are looking to save in some way, this just gives those that like to complain more fuel for their fire.

I'm a big picture, scheme of things person, little things are no big deal. I look at it like is this a deal breaker? Absolutely not! I'm on for 25 days next year, bringing my own!

Royal Caribbean International announces new Amenities Packages for 2015

Miami, FL, 6/17/2014

Royal Caribbean International (RCI), the second largest operator of cruise ships in the world has announced that beginning in 2015 that it will offer to passengers various, luxurious amenities packages for the cabins. No longer will soap, shampoo, robes, slippers, towel animals, etc. be provided, instead guests will be able to purchase the fine amenities that they desire.

There will be several levels of packages, from ones that provide the basics of soap and shampoo, to ones that include conditioner, shower cap, sewing kit, hand cream, body lotion and more. Additional packages will include one that features robes and slippers, along with nightly turn down service, towel animals and a Godiva chocolate on the pillow.

Bathroom amenities will be manufactured for Royal Caribbean by the prestigious Cheetham & Steele of London.

No prices have been announced yet, but a spokesperson for RCI has stated that the prices will be "reasonable", and suggested that the basic package of just soap and shampoo will be around $5 per person per day, and the most extensive package at around $50 per person per day.

The RCI spokesperson added, "we are also considering bedding packages, where the guest can choose between mattress, sheets and pillow types; from just the basics to ultra luxurious, featuring 300 thread count sheets and memory foam mattresses. We are currently in discussions with the century old manufacturer of quality bedding Yoora Sukker of Germany."

You should NOT have posted this.....RCI will take your humor and institute it as policy!:D

I can just imagine people saying, '$50pp per day is a small fraction of my cruise cost. Why bother lugging shampoo and chocolate when I can prepay and not have to worry about it? I'm on vacation, after all!'

If I have to give RCI ideas via this forum, then they should fire Goldstein and hire me!

I have another idea too, since no one seemed to like my "revolving restaurant thread" several weeks ago, this one will make the hairs stand up on the back of your neck!

Sadly, I cannot do it as a separate thread, as I figure I'll get banned, as it would seem so realistic! Actually, its not a bad idea idea at all, and was once tried in the 60s, but it failed. Not sure it would today. :D

I always look at the bottom line and think outside the box.

I was reading on some recent trip reports and reviews that RCI is no longer supplying standard cabins on some ships with shampoo. Particularly, on Vision of the Seas. Is this really true? I don't mind schlepping beauty products like shampoo and conditioner for my wife, but as a non high maintenance guy, I count on a cruise company supplying amenities that you would normally get at Holiday Inn. I really do not want to go last minute shopping on the day before we sail either. Any comment on this troubling news?

I always bring my own , i have sensitive skin. I bring a big bottle of shampoo and conditioner for all of us to use, hubby and kids use men's dove. I have a nifty cosmetic bag that holds everything up straight.. Bring my own everything...even my own pillowcase.

Edited by palofmine

I wonder how long it will be before you will have to bring your own tissues & toilet paper?

Seriously? That is ridiculous. I would rather use bar soap onto hair than rely on any cruise or hotel hair products. When I stay at a hotel I take them only to donate to the needy.

I wonder how long it will be before you will have to bring your own tissues & toilet paper?

Well, I'm sure your frustration led you to make this joke, but it will never happen. The ship's plumbing and systems can't handle regular TP. No worries.

Also, I turned your font down when I quoted you - very big. ;)

This is not just about not getting toiletries; it is about slowly losing perks.

We have been cruising Royal Caribbean exclusively since June 2007 (except for 2 cruises on Celebrity), and are Diamond Plus, having accumulated 250 points.

Unhappily we have become accustomed to losing perks some of which we really miss and some not so much. We miss the welcome aboard gifts of ball caps and zippered totes, etc; the nightly chocolates on the pillow; pens, stationary & post cards in the desk drawer; champagne breakfasts; free drinks and hors d’oeuvres on Coco Cay (Wacky Seagull Jr.); free movies on TV; Fox news; a special line at the guest services desk among other things. And now, without advance notice, body lotion, hair conditioner, shampoo, shower gel, or a shower cap……supposedly only for Suite or Diamond plus with over 340 points. Even cheap motels supply these items (whether you use them or not).

We just got off a 10 night cruise on the Vision of The Seas and there were no shampoo dispensers in the showers either.

I think that Royal should be “Loyal” to us.

I guess Diamond plus with more than 340 points will still get the amenities.

Our experience has been that the amenity perk is not usually automatic and seemingly unknown. Many times we have to mention it to the stateroom attendant and they look at us like we're from Mars.