Suggestions needed on where to cruise

Time to come down under - Australia, New Zealand and the South Pacific. :)

Can't advise you on cruising down here as I'm still waiting to do my first cruise but New Zealand has stunning scenery, New Caledonia and Fiji are tropical paradises, and Australia is a beautiful, large and varied land, and includes the Great Barrier Reef.

Your Age, budget, duration etc...???

1) Like nature --- Galapagos or Antarctica -- both fantastic

2) Northern Europe -- take a Cruise that visit Nordic countries and Russia

3) South America

New Zealand may seem small and surrounded by water, but much of the best of it is not accessible while on a cruise. Even the cruises into Milford Sound do not go all the way in as was explained to us when we were on Milford Sound last year.

Pick areas to cruise where the most important places to you are close to the ports of call.

The 30 day HAL trip out of San Diego to Hawaii and South Pacific is a great cruise if you want beaches. If you want Europe then HAL offers a great 45 day trip out of Fort Lauderdale. Both of these are RT.

Done..

7d Royal Caribbean

7d Celebrity

10d Princess

21d Carnival

75d Holland America

Next..

21d Carnival Triumph

My husband and I have been on several cruises: Mediterranean, Alaska, Bahamas and Caribbean. We are open to suggestions on where to cruise next and if you could give us an idea of your experience cruising to that location.

Thank you!:)

Antarctica; North Pole; South Georgia Island; Galapagos; Greenland; Spitsbergen; Norwegian Coast; Alaska Marine Highway to Dutch Harbor or further if possible, Northwest Passage. That is just the beginning of my bucket list. I cruise for the destination and not for the ship. In fact, I basically regard the ship as a big bus.

As an alternative, forget cruising for a bit and do a 2 - 3 month land trip instead. You see a lot more than you see on cruises that stop at a port for maybe 5 or 6 hours.

DON

Edited by donaldsc

Too me, anywhere the ships can go is a great place to cruise. So add Africa and South America to the above suggestions.

I noticed that you stayed in Cabin 7033 on Ocean Princess from Singapore to Dover in April 2011. We have booked that same cabin going to Norway. Do you remember if there was a lot of noise from the elevators and stairways?

Shelley