Dear Celebrity Cruises - What´s you position on ports in Israel?

Miaminice

We're on the October 18 cruise.

Glad that we're not cruising with Costa. It would be such a disappointment if Celebrity cancelled our Israel ports prematurely. We prefer Celebrity's wait and see attitude.

We fully expect, and hope, that the war will end soon, and that Israel will be safe to visit in October.

We too are on Oct 18th cruise. You have summed up how we feel about the situation.

Final payment has been made, now we sit tight and wait and see.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We too are on Oct 18th cruise. You have summed up how we feel about the situation.

Final payment has been made, now we sit tight and wait and see.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I notice the October 4 Silhouette sailing is scheduled to be on exciting deals next Tuesday and Wednesday. I am booked on the October 25 constellation holy land cruise and final payment is August 11. So far, several people have cancelled, but my approach is fatalistic...hope the israel ports wont be cancelled but will roll with it if they are. We only have two days in Israel on that cruise, not three like the Silhouette.

Maybe the silver lining will be rock bottom prices on the ports that are left.;)

No one knows what the situation in Israel will be next week let alone in a few months. But rest assured, as long as rockets are being launched towards Israel, especially near the port cities and Jerusalem, the ships will stay away. Same goes for Egyptian and riots, trials, protects, etc. There is no way to guarantee you will make your ports since final payments are due several months before the cruise. At worst you will spend an extra day or two in Greece or Turkey or ??? If you absolutely want a guarantee you will see Israel, but a plane ticket and do a land tour.

I notice the October 4 Silhouette sailing is scheduled to be on exciting deals next Tuesday and Wednesday. I am booked on the October 25 constellation holy land cruise and final payment is August 11. So far, several people have cancelled, but my approach is fatalistic...hope the israel ports wont be cancelled but will roll with it if they are. We only have two days in Israel on that cruise, not three like the Silhouette.

Maybe the silver lining will be rock bottom prices on the ports that are left.;)

I am on the 25th oct. cruise and feel the same as you roll with what ever happens. our prices have gone up by almost $1000. since we booked.

I am glad that Celebrity is hanging in there with the passengers who have made final payment. Obviously those who have not cancelled, hope peace will prevail and the ship will make at least one port in Israel for the 3 days. We still have more than 2 months for the ship leaves Rome on October 4. If it doesn't happen so be it, but for now we wait.

In case anyone is interested, I saw on the Oceania forums that they have revised their Israel itinerary on September 6. It looks like they have substituted mostly Greek ports and cancelled Israel.

If you look at the general Oceania forum you can find the thread. This is not to say Celebrity will follow suit, because our cruises are in October, but just to respond to those people who were asking what other possible itineraries might be.

In case anyone is interested, I saw on the Oceania forums that they have revised their Israel itinerary on September 6. It looks like they have substituted mostly Greek ports and cancelled Israel.

If you look at the general Oceania forum you can find the thread. This is not to say Celebrity will follow suit, because our cruises are in October, but just to respond to those people who were asking what other possible itineraries might be.

Thompson Cruises(Tui) are also telling passengers that they can have a refund or can book another cruise, without loosing their deposits( which we do if we cancel due to T& C in UK)

As Of:

• Date 24 - 26

=========

INSIDE

• 10 - 8 - 8
  • 09- 16 - 15

OCEANVIEW

• 08 - 6 - 6

VERANDA

• 2d - 2 - 3
  • 2c - 5 -9
  • 2b - 9 - 9
  • 2a - 5 - 5
  • 1c - 8 - 9
  • 1b - 15 - 18
  • 1a - 19 - 19
  • sv - 10 - 10

CONCIERGE

• c3 - 28 - 30
  • c2 - 37 - 37
  • c1 - 15 - 14

AQUA CLASS

• a2 - 8 - 8
  • a1 - 15 - 15

SUITES

• s2 - 15 - 15
  • s1 - 6 - 6
  • cs - 2 - 2
  • rs - 1 - 1
  • ph - 1 - 1

240 available cabins out of of 1443 cabins = 83.36% occupancy (plus unassigned guarantee bookings)

So, 1 inside was booked, 9 Veranda cancelled, 1 concierge cancelled, net 9 cabins canceled in 2 days...

Guarantee prices came down today as well... though non-guarantees remain at highest price.

Veranda guarantee is $1000 less PP than selecting a cabin!

When's final payment due? If it's not yet passed, I would take the gamble and cancel and rebook. Lots of inventory, and seems price reductions are imminent.

Edited by cle-guy

As Of:

• Date 24 - 26

=========

INSIDE

• 10 - 8 - 8
  • 09- 16 - 15

OCEANVIEW

• 08 - 6 - 6

VERANDA

• 2d - 2 - 3
  • 2c - 5 -9
  • 2b - 9 - 9
  • 2a - 5 - 5
  • 1c - 8 - 9
  • 1b - 15 - 18
  • 1a - 19 - 19
  • sv - 10 - 10

CONCIERGE

• c3 - 28 - 30
  • c2 - 37 - 37
  • c1 - 15 - 14

AQUA CLASS

• a2 - 8 - 8
  • a1 - 15 - 15

SUITES

• s2 - 15 - 15
  • s1 - 6 - 6
  • cs - 2 - 2
  • rs - 1 - 1
  • ph - 1 - 1

240 available cabins out of of 1443 cabins = 83.36% occupancy (plus unassigned guarantee bookings)

So, 1 inside was booked, 9 Veranda cancelled, 1 concierge cancelled, net 9 cabins canceled in 2 days...

Guarantee prices came down today as well... though non-guarantees remain at highest price.

Veranda guarantee is $1000 less PP than selecting a cabin!

When's final payment due? If it's not yet passed, I would take the gamble and cancel and rebook. Lots of inventory, and seems price reductions are

I think we are beyond final payment in the US. Our TA wanted final payment on 7/10 which we made. The origninal paper work from X had a final payment date of 7/21.

• 2 weeks later...

"The US State Department updated its travel warning for Israel, particularly the West Bank and Gaza. It noted that long-range rockets launched from Gaza have reached cities throughout the country, including Tel Aviv and Jerusalem."

It's about time Celebrity made their position clear.

If there is a travel warning issued by a country, can I cancel my cruise without loss of deposit( I live in UK)

Come on Celebrity, it's time an announcement was made!

"The US State Department updated its travel warning for Israel, particularly the West Bank and Gaza. It noted that long-range rockets launched from Gaza have reached cities throughout the country, including Tel Aviv and Jerusalem."

If there is a travel warning issued by a country, can I cancel my cruise without loss of deposit( I live in UK)

What is the date of this warning? By posting it today, Aug 6th, I thought you might be inferring this was a new warning.

The travel warning by the US State Department was issued July 21st. Much has transpired since then. We are glad to see that Celebrity has waited to see if the situation might improve and would allow our Oct 18th trip to visit Israel.

I respect that others might want to know "now" but there are some of us on the trip that hope that Celebrity will give as much time as possible before cancelling the Israel posts. We pray for peace in the region.

What is the date of this warning? By posting it today, Aug 6th, I thought you might be inferring this was a new warning.

The travel warning by the US State Department was issued July 21st. Much has transpired since then. We are glad to see that Celebrity has waited to see if the situation might improve and would allow our Oct 18th trip to visit Israel.

I respect that others might want to know "now" but there are some of us on the trip that hope that Celebrity will give as much time as possible before cancelling the Israel posts. We pray for peace in the region.

We completely agree!! We're so glad that Celebrity has not acted hastily.

There is a cease fire as of today. Will it last? no one has a crystal ball. It is too early for the cruise line to make a decision on an October sailing. If the truce holds, and the rockets stop, the cruise will happen as scheduled.

Edited by Phxazzcruisers

The warning was in yesterday's Cruise Critic newsletter.

The attitude of wait and see is good. I am booked on a land tour (with air) to Israel in October. When the fighting started, the tour company contacted us. They changed their cancellation policy from 95 days to 45 days. If we cancel 45 days before the trip, we will be refunded the money we paid. They also said that if the fighting continued into October, they would cancel the trip. That seems prudent. We are in a wait and see mode. Originally the tour was completely sold out with a long wait list. Many people canceled. We are still booked. If I had booked a cruise, I would understand if the ship did not go to Israel during the conflict. I have been on many cruises that have changed or skipped ports for many reasons. Relax. We certainly hope that the fighting in Israel ends soon.