I have been reading some really funky stuff

Caroldoll

We are past Celebrity Cruise people with a lot--lot--lot of cruises. We left them when they didn't provide water in the Penthouse suite (whichever one is the largest). I felt that this was a small thing that they should provide.

We never drink the liquor in the suite and never ask for room service. We also don't drink or eat any of the gifts they give.

We are now considering another cruise on Celebrity, but I must ask..are they charging for water in the room? This is absolutely out of line in my opinion.

We were just on Eclipse, June 21 Baltic sailing, and they were charging $6.00 for a bottle of Evian that was placed in the cabin.

There was one evening we really wanted some bottled water - we had the premium drink package - and because we had already changed clothes to go to bed, my husband called and asked room service if we could have water delivered to the room. They said to go ahead and use the water that was there and they would not charge us, but in the end it was a $6.00 charge on our account. (Since there were some other erroneous charges we had to spend a bit of time clearing up, we ended up just going ahead and paying the $6.00)

If you book a Celebrity suite and higher, after April, 2015, you will get lots of perks including the premium beverage package, all the bottled water you can drink, a separate dining room with a different menu from the MDR, a private concierge lounge and free specialty dining.

Try drinking that same bottle of water at just about any high end hotel, and it will cost the same or more while at cheap hotels, it is often free.

Go to the lounge (like Michaels on Celebrity for Suite guests) and you get it free. However, as another poster said, as of April 2015, water in your suite (as well as beer and soda) will be complimentary. Nothing is stopping you from picking up a few bottles in Michaels club (the new suite lounge) and bringing it back to your cabin so you have it.

It's just how all hotels seem to be. The more you pay, the less you get.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Try drinking that same bottle of water at just about any high end hotel, and it will cost the same or more while at cheap hotels, it is often free.

Go to the lounge (like Michaels on Celebrity for Suite guests) and you get it free. However, as another poster said, as of April 2015, water in your suite (as well as beer and soda) will be complimentary. Nothing is stopping you from picking up a few bottles in Michaels club (the new suite lounge) and bringing it back to your cabin so you have it.

It's just how all hotels seem to be. The more you pay, the less you get.

Yes, it always seemed strange to me that breakfast and free internet and free parking were included at the lower end hotels, but at the luxury hotels we had to pay extra for them.

Our experience (for what it's worth): We were in the penthouse on the constellation last March. The beverage package was included when we booked. We informed our butler that we had the premium beverage package and about our preferences, and he kept the full sized fridge stocked with Evian, diet cokes, juices, etc. There was no additional charge for any of the waters or sodas we consumed.

Go ahead and book again, it's such a great space and our service was outstanding. Just be clear with the staff about your expectations and they will do everything they can to make your trip a great one.

Our experience (for what it's worth): We were in the penthouse on the constellation last March. The beverage package was included when we booked. We informed our butler that we had the premium beverage package and about our preferences, and he kept the full sized fridge stocked with Evian, diet cokes, juices, etc. There was no additional charge for any of the waters or sodas we consumed.

Go ahead and book again, it's such a great space and our service was outstanding. Just be clear with the staff about your expectations and they will do everything they can to make your trip a great one.

Just be aware that complimentary items from the minibar is discretionary at this time. It is not an official suite perk until April 2015. You may be lucky enough to receive the perk but you cannot expect nor rely on it.

We left them when they didn't provide water in the Penthouse suite. I felt that this was a small thing that they should provide.

We never drink the liquor in the suite and never ask for room service. We also don't drink or eat any of the gifts they give.

It is amazing that occupants of the senior suites get two bottles of liquor and some cans of mix but not water. A change to that policy is coming next year. Perhaps you can get on a roll call and offer up your two bottles in exchange for some water. ;)

Sometimes small issues are like pebbles in a shoe reminding us of an irritant with every step we take.

There is a similar issue at Captain's Club gatherings where one can get a free glass of wine or mixed drink but not a free bottle of water.

I just checked and the Aqua class (on the Connie) specifically states:

• Daily delivery of bottled water and tea

It's under services and I assumed (you what they say about that word) that higher up cabins - which would be suites - would have the same.

Well I'll be! It does not state the same, although you can have B/L/D served to you. I'm betting that the butler would get you "free" water if asked....

So you had a cruise line you apparently loved (based on the lot, lot, lot statement) and then because they wouldn't give you free water in your penthouse suite you left the line. And people wonder why newbies reading Celebrity boards think Celebrity cruisers are snobs:rolleyes:

I just checked and the Aqua class (on the Connie) specifically states:

• Daily delivery of bottled water and tea

It's under services and I assumed (you what they say about that word) that higher up cabins - which would be suites - would have the same.

Well I'll be! It does not state the same, although you can have B/L/D served to you. I'm betting that the butler would get you "free" water if asked....

Water, yes, but not for free. We have always been charged for it in a CS, RS and PH.

Maybe I am wrong, (I am a lot), but doesn't the PH have a full size refrigerator with ice maker and filtered water?

Only on M-class ships. Not on S-class.

Edited by Project_gal

In the Penthouse & you left Celebrity because they did not give you bottles of water ? I bet a lot of people would be thankful if that was the downside of their life.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We are past Celebrity Cruise people with a lot--lot--lot of cruises. We left them when they didn't provide water in the Penthouse suite (whichever one is the largest). I felt that this was a small thing that they should provide.

We are now considering another cruise on Celebrity, but I must ask..are they charging for water in the room? This is absolutely out of line in my opinion.

If having free water in your suite is a dealbreaker, I would continue to sail on the cruise line you are cruising on now, because you really don't want to come back to Celebrity and be disappointed, if you don't get free water.

Edited by NLH Arizona

If you book a Celebrity suite and higher, after April, 2015, you will get lots of perks including the premium beverage package, all the bottled water you can drink, a separate dining room with a different menu from the MDR, a private concierge lounge and free specialty dining.

The Celebrity suite does not receive the drink package, bottled water, mini bar, unlimited specialty dining/unlimited internet. That starts with the Royal suite and higher. The CS does include the use of Michael's Club and the new suite dining room.

Edited by cruisingator2

If you can afford to stay in a PH Suite, one would think that paying for a bottle of water wouldn't stretch you that much further! I often wonder how many of the so called suite guests have never actually ever ventured out of their inside cabin.

Wow. I am surprised by some of the responses to Caroldoll's comments. I don't know the poster so don't know if they are in the 1% or not but i don't think you have to be to sail in a Penthouse. They may have worked hard their entire lives and saved to be able to travel well in their retirement. That doesn't make them snobs just people who expect value for their money.

We are definitely not in the 1% and in 2015 we are in a suite on Celebrity for the first time. If I am paying the kind of money that you pay for a Penthouse I would expect free water with the suite as well. I don't think that is an unreasonable request. I think that it is the perspective that Caroldoll has that is driving Celebrity to change to the Suite benefits in 2015 so I don't think they are alone.

Wow. I am surprised by some of the responses to Caroldoll's comments. I don't know the poster so don't know if they are in the 1% or not but i don't think you have to be to sail in a Penthouse. They may have worked hard their entire lives and saved to be able to travel well in their retirement. That doesn't make them snobs just people who expect value for their money.

We are definitely not in the 1% and in 2015 we are in a suite on Celebrity for the first time. If I am paying the kind of money that you pay for a Penthouse I would expect free water with the suite as well. I don't think that is an unreasonable request. I think that it is the perspective that Caroldoll has that is driving Celebrity to change to the Suite benefits in 2015 so I don't think they are alone.

^^^^^^^

Very much in agreement with 1982CruzStart !! My goodness you guys can be harsh!!

Debbie

I'm middle class at best and never worry about such things. I just use my bevy package and bring back a large Pelligrino whenever I head back to the room. At one point we had four of them.

Also, while I've only been on four cruises thus far I've had no problems drinking the tap water with some ice. If you can brush your teeth with it you can drink it...it's totally fine.

Wow. I am surprised by some of the responses to Caroldoll's comments. If I am paying the kind of money that you pay for a Penthouse I would expect free water with the suite as well. I don't think that is an unreasonable request. I think that it is the perspective that Caroldoll has that is driving Celebrity to change to the Suite benefits in 2015 so I don't think they are alone.

Some of those comments have me wondering as well.

I remember the old tag line, "Batteries not included".

A company offers the ultimate in luxury including free alcohol for the drinkers but not free water for those who opt out of the two free bottles of alcohol. We all have a tipping point, a line in the sand that will determine our attitude to the products we purchase.If the water is available free in Michael's for suite guests, just send the butler, but for convenience and an attitude of luxury, the water should be available in the PH.