Swim Diapers in Splash pool on Getaway - Anyone know FOR SURE?

#1TravelMom

I did a search and read tons of posts - but can't find anything definitive. NCL reps seem just as confused. We have someone in our party that is traveling with a 12 month old who will be in swim diapers. She is wandering if he will be allowed in the SPLASH AREA. I have seen posts with photos stating - No swim diapers in the pools - but doesn't specifically say "Splash area". Does anyone know FOR SURE???

I did a search and read tons of posts - but can't find anything definitive. NCL reps seem just as confused. We have someone in our party that is traveling with a 12 month old who will be in swim diapers. She is wandering if he will be allowed in the SPLASH AREA. I have seen posts with photos stating - No swim diapers in the pools - but doesn't specifically say "Splash area". Does anyone know FOR SURE???

The answer has always been no swim diapers. Children must be potty trained...................sorry:)

Bring a small, blowup tub...a couple of ice buckets of water, and your diapered one can splash to their hearts content. ...

Why do people think this is such a great idea? Do these same people do swimming pools in their living room at home?

A one year old will be just fine without all that hoopla. They are also fine going to Walmart vs Disneyland. But that is another discussion.

Edited by garycarla

I totally agree GaryCarla. I see the little ones and wonder how much they will remember from the vacation and how much more relaxed their parents would be if there were someone to take care of the tot at home and give the parents a break.

I totally agree GaryCarla. I see the little ones and wonder how much they will remember from the vacation and how much more relaxed their parents would be if there were someone to take care of the tot at home and give the parents a break.

News flash: some parents *gasp* enjoy being with their babies.

DCL and RCCL allow swim diapers in their "splash areas" which are separate from their kids pools. I do not think that swim diapers are allowed in the "splash area" on the Breakaway and the Getaway.

That said I have seen toddlers in swim diapers on NCL ships both in the pool, the kids splash area and even in hot tubs on many cruises. So it does not seem like the rule is very stringently enforced by NCL, or the crew are not well aware of it.

However, I can find no definitive information from NCL that states this as such specifically regarding "splash areas" only "pools". One would think they would make the policy more clear especially if it was allowed. I believe extra procedures are necessary if swim diapers are to be allowed in a splash area due to CDC Regulations.

Edited by Kortehgehn

Each and every diaper thread just gives me more reason to stay out of cruise ship pools and hot tubs. Diapers in pools is disgusting, period. No way to explain it away. Don't want to hear about leak-proof... don't want to hear about minute amounts of yuck escaping the thing... Even if a "splash area" has its water system segregated from the rest of the ship's pool system, how does that prevent potential transfer of poop-nasty within the splash area itself? It doesn't.

So, you all go ahead... I'll be at the bar while your snowflakes splash around in their own muck. People bend and break sanitary rules, then come on cruise critic to complain about how sick somebody got...

Gross.

News flash: some parents *gasp* enjoy being with their babies.

Thank you, Barbie

I LOVED every second of every cruise I spent with mine when they were babies. THE HORROR!!!!

And- I am PLEASED to announce that the IGNORE feature... WORKS!! !

Over and out

Back to weenie roast threads for me!

Edited by DrNora
checking to see if ignore feature worked- it does-and hope it lasts of 10,000times!!

This post was very disturbing!!! I really dont understand people. You were all children once. And dont tell me oh an one year old will be fine they dont need to go in the pool. I am sorry but when a child sees the spraypool they are going to want to go in. And I was on the Breakaway and the spray area is just for kids the only adults their were the parents. My child is semi potty trained. He has a speech delay so i still put on diapers/ swim diapers just in case. But he went in the spray area and i was on top of him and everything was fine. Sorry to tell you this but if you think that a older child in the pool hasnt peed in it because they are having to much fun and dont want to get out you are work.

Th e person on this thread had a question if you cant just answer that question then move on.

To answer the question: The sign in the KIDS SPRAY AREA does say no swim diapers but almost every little child had a swim diaper. I always make sure my child goes to the bathroom first and I stay on top of them. There were no accidents from any one.

TSorry to tell you this but if you think that a older child in the pool hasnt peed in it because they are having to much fun and dont want to get out you are work.

Th e person on this thread had a question if you cant just answer that question then move on.

Are you really that ignorant that you think this rule is in place because of urine?! Any kind of fecal matter that gets into the water is a danger to all passengers, and a swim diaper does not prevent poop from getting in the pool. I'm pretty sure most here could answer this question - now you know.

I've potty trained five children, and until they were 100%, I followed the rules. Why is that so hard? It's sad that parents have to keep their potty trained kids out of the pools they are allowed to swim in, because of selfish parents and staff not wanting to make a scene.

OP, the rules are, no diapered children in any of the water on the pool deck.

I really think its time for Cruise critic to update their rules for people on this thread. And for you no I am aware about feces and I have been on 20 cruises and I have seen adult pools closed more then the kid pool. Especially when a drunk adult threw up in the pool so please Maybe there should also be a sign that if you are drinking alcohol you arent allowed in the pool. If you are a responsible parent you will be on top of your child and make sure no accidents occur. I really thought this site was for help with a question this is crazy dont people have lives.

This post was very disturbing!!! I really dont understand people. You were all children once. And dont tell me oh an one year old will be fine they dont need to go in the pool. I am sorry but when a child sees the spraypool they are going to want to go in. And I was on the Breakaway and the spray area is just for kids the only adults their were the parents. My child is semi potty trained. He has a speech delay so i still put on diapers/ swim diapers just in case. But he went in the spray area and i was on top of him and everything was fine. Sorry to tell you this but if you think that a older child in the pool hasnt peed in it because they are having to much fun and dont want to get out you are work.

To answer the question: The sign in the KIDS SPRAY AREA does say no swim diapers but almost every little child had a swim diaper. I always make sure my child goes to the bathroom first and I stay on top of them. There were no accidents from any one.

Hear hear! I actually had a look of disgust on my face at some of the rude responses while reading this and my husband asked what horrible news event was I reading about now.

I agree with LrgPizza and all the others who said NEWS FLASH: Some of us LOVE spending time with our children!

I'm sorry OP, I don't have an answer to your question. But it sounds like Michie78 does. And I believe there is minimal threat in taking a little one wearing a swim diaper to an area where there is no standing water. It's not like babies are pooping all day long. And when they do, they kind of give you some warning or the mom can waits until the baby goes for the day to take her.

I hope it works out and it's a great cruise for the whole family.

I am amazed at home many parents say they are "on top of their kids". Somehow they have figured out when their child is about to "poop" and they can remove them from the pool area. Pretty cool stuff.

And, yes, the danger is feces - not urine. (some people know this, some do not)

And yes, some people have a great time with their children on a cruise. Some do great leaving them at home. Neither is right, or wrong.

If you are a responsible parent you will be on top of your child and make sure no accidents occur. I really thought this site was for help with a question this is crazy dont people have lives.

Responsible parents follow the rules. If you have a diapered child, and want a vacation that includes water play, take a land-based vacation, or sail on other lines, like DCL and RCCL, that have some ships with modified water play areas made for diapered children. You have a choice.

I can't understand how anyone can think that the wants of their child are more important than the safety of others. It's the parent who sends little Johnny to the birthday party with a fever, it's the parent who sends little Suzy to kindergarten after a bout of vomiting (true story - I saw her throw up in the bushes outside of school, and then her grandmother put her on the line to march into school - I alerted the teacher, who later told me they sent her, even though they knew she was sick, because she wanted to go to school). Heck, before our elementary school instituted a no-nit policy, about a quarter of all students had head lice!

I don't think it's good to teach our children that we only follow the rules if we like them.

It says don't do it but we did it anyway and got really lucky and didn't get sick! Mileage May Vary.

So far, no one has been able to officially answer the OP's question with a cited authoritative source, picture of a "no swim diapers allowed" sign or verbatim language from NCL's site.

So, at this point, it's all everyone's guess.

I'll be on the Getaway this week. I'll make a point to check for a sign, take a picture if there is one and post it to this thread.

I am sorry but you are completely wrong about the Swim Diapers. :( I just got off of Breakaway.

If you are taking your baby into the pool then you are doing it against the posted rules. The OP was asking if Breakaway was like Oasis with the infant splash zone and the answer is NO it's not. For some reason - Norwegian has not made the steps to add an infant only splash area for kids in diapers.

Yes - people ignore the rules and take babies in diapers as they do on all other ships without an infant splash area.

Sorry OP - here is the posted sign at the splash park - no diapers

2FE0A428-C6AA-4CA7-860E-CC98904AEB70-3279-000001D30AB51E99.jpg

And here are the pages for the GUPPIES :)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=38469909&postcount=82

So far, no one has been able to officially answer the OP's question with a cited authoritative source, picture of a "no swim diapers allowed" sign or verbatim language from NCL's site.

So, at this point, it's all everyone's guess.

I'll be on the Getaway this week. I'll make a point to check for a sign, take a picture if there is one and post it to this thread.

Here's a picture.... NO SWIM DIAPERS doesn't matter how much you " know" or "watch" your child...