shareholder benefit OBC question - timing of request

Illyria

I have a slightly odd question. I'm doing an Alaska cruisetour (land/cruise) next month that "officially" starts on September 12th but the cruise ship sails on Sept. 17th. The Princess shareholder request form states: "Applications to receive this benefit must be made no later than 14 days prior to the cruise departure date." Which date counts as the cruise departure date and will it be too late if I submit the request on August 31st?

If I call Princess directly and ask about it, I'm not sure they'd talk to me since my booking is through a TA (I guess it doesn't hurt to try).

Here's the reason for the delay: I bought 100 CCL shares about a week ago, so they show up on my Fidelity portfolio page but I don't have a brokerage statement listing them yet. The statement isn't available until the last day of the month, and I'm not sure how else to provide proof of eligibility to Princess. If I just print out the portfolio page, it doesn't have my name anywhere on it.

Date of the cruise. If your Fidelity portfolio page shows CCL listed and when you print out the page it shows your name and the date to prove it's current, you can use that as verification. I do this with my Morgan Stanley account.

Just re-read your post. If your account number is listed on the page and another page shows your name and account number, that'll also work. I just circle the account number on both pages.

Edited by Pam in CA

If they sent you a confirmation of the trade, that should also work. Also, I know of several people who requested their shareholder credit less than 14 days before their cruise date and they still got it. I think people here on CC have even reported being able to ask for it on the ship.

I would think a trade confirmation would work also.

A couple of years back, I booked a cruise with Princess within 2 weeks of sailing. I faxed the OBC request in and called them a day or so later. The person I spoke to asked me the date and time I faxed the request, had me to hold on a minute, came back on the line and said she found it and entered it into the system real time for me. She told me it was a good thing I called since it was so close to the sailing. What great service!!

You'll see a couple of recent threads on how quickly they are posting the OBC after faxing it in (some folks say it has happened within an hour of faxing). I recently just mailed mine in for an October cruise. It was less than a week (including a weekend) from mailing from Florida to California to when the OBC was posted into my booking information.

If you have online access to your account a screen shot will do. Just make sure it includes your name. That is what I have always used. Since I only receive statements quarterly there is usually no way to submit a current statement.

I also just purchased 100 shares, thru Etrade. I was able to use the trade confirmation I could print from their website as proof. I faxed it late Aug. 8th (Friday night) for my Aug. 19th cruise and it showed up Monday morning.

I also have read here on CC that they do not want to see the account number and disallowed that particular posters form until it was resubmited with the account number crossed out.

Good luck and enjoy your cruise!

You do not have to submit Shareholder form or Military form thru your TA.

PCL will talk to you about those as they don't effect cruise price or booking details.

Hope your TA has thrown in a discount or additional OBC as a "thanks for booking!"

I also have read here on CC that they do not want to see the account number and disallowed that particular posters form until it was resubmited with the account number crossed out.

Princess does not care if the account number is there.

Most people just do not want Princess to have that information.

I have a slightly odd question. I'm doing an Alaska cruisetour (land/cruise) next month that "officially" starts on September 12th but the cruise ship sails on Sept. 17th. The Princess shareholder request form states: "Applications to receive this benefit must be made no later than 14 days prior to the cruise departure date." Which date counts as the cruise departure date and will it be too late if I submit the request on August 31st?

If I call Princess directly and ask about it, I'm not sure they'd talk to me since my booking is through a TA (I guess it doesn't hurt to try).

Here's the reason for the delay: I bought 100 CCL shares about a week ago, so they show up on my Fidelity portfolio page but I don't have a brokerage statement listing them yet. The statement isn't available until the last day of the month, and I'm not sure how else to provide proof of eligibility to Princess. If I just print out the portfolio page, it doesn't have my name anywhere on it.

Did you get the trade confirmation?

Did you get the trade confirmation?

Yeah, I have a trade confirmation that I can print out from the Fidelity website. If they don't like my fax, I'll try that instead.

Basically what I just did today is call them first, talk to a lady in booking support. She suggested basically what Pam had suggested: send in whatever page has the stock listed, and then another page that would have both account number and the name, so that the account number can be matched to the name. She did ask that I black out all but the last few digits of the account number.

That's what I faxed but I got caught up with work, so by the time I finally faxed it, it was after their business hours. So I won't expect them to even see that fax until tomorrow anyway. I might call back tomorrow afternoon and ask if they got it and if it looks okay.

When Liza McDaniel was still doing the CCL OBC work, we got our online trade confirmation three days before our cruise and we had our OBC confirmed the next day. You can't cut it that close anymore, but the point is that the trade confirmation will suffice.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app