Crown & Anchor Happy Hour Question

So, I see where D/D+/P level C&A members will get free drinks from 4:30-8pm outside of Windjammer and dining room. Free is always a good price - but I have a question for anyone who has tried using the happy hour. The list showed a lot of hard liquor (vodka, rum, tequila, etc.) but are the free drinks just straight shots of the liquor? Or, can you get a margarita during happy hour since it has tequila in it? Just curious what the experience has been for anyone who has used the Happy Hour thus far.

Thanks in advance!!!

So, I see where D/D+/P level C&A members will get free drinks from 4:30-8pm outside of Windjammer and dining room. Free is always a good price - but I have a question for anyone who has tried using the happy hour. The list showed a lot of hard liquor (vodka, rum, tequila, etc.) but are the free drinks just straight shots of the liquor? Or, can you get a margarita during happy hour since it has tequila in it? Just curious what the experience has been for anyone who has used the Happy Hour thus far.

Thanks in advance!!!

You can get basic mixed drinks (rum & coke, etc.), but no blender/frozen drinks.

If you could get it in the diamond or concierge lounge then the vouchers will get the same thing. Which means.... Nothing fancy. So no 'Ritas for you unless you buy or have alcohol package

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Other than the runm & coke you mentioned, what other mixed drinks do you guys suggest? We don't have a clue!

Martini, Cosmopolitan, Jack & Coke, Jameson & Ginger, Lemon Drop, Long Island Iced Tea, Scotch & Water, Vodka Tonic, Gin & Tonic, etc. Assorted beers, and house wine/champagne too.

A proper margarita is not frozen, should be ok

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

I have never seen anyone successfully order a margarita in the DL or CL.

You can get rum punch, mimosa, screwdriver.

Edited by BND

Does depend on the bartender as he can do it if there is another bar there

Seen lots of outside the box drinks get served

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I got numerous margaritas (not frozen, just regular) in the Diamond lounge on Radiance in Australia. Also Sex on the Beach (the drink!) and Long Island Ice Tea.

Edited by eel

Any problem getting Baileys on the rocks?

I don't believe Baileys and other cordial type drinks are available in the CL/DL so they would likely not be available with a voucher. It is not simply 3 free drinks, it is the same type of drinks that are available in the dedicated concierge or diamond lounges. If you are unsure, just ask before you make your order. Or if you order and the bar staff asks for the sea pass card, then you know that the drink is not included.

Cheers,

M

I got numerous margaritas (not frozen, just regular) in the Diamond lounge on Radiance in Australia. Also Sex on the Beach (the drink!) and Long Island Ice Tea.

I did ask for a bellini on GR in March. The server told me that wasn't included. I told her I had it on Allure and she basically said, well, that was on Allure. I said, fine, just bring me plain sparkling wine, but she did end up bringing me a bellini. I didn't ask again, but it was interesting to see the differences. I wish there was consistency.

I know on GR, there was a list of liquors, wines, beer available in the DL, but it didn't list mixers so you're left guessing sometimes.

Edited by BND

Guest maddycat

Thanks in advance!!!

The hours for the diamond event/lounge are usually 5:00 - 8:30.

The hours for the diamond event/lounge are usually 5:00 - 8:30.

It really depends on when dinner seatings are. On GR, dinner was 5:30 and 8 so lounge drink hours were 4:30-8. They adjust by dinner times. We've seen the same adjustment on other ships.

I have never been able to obtain a Long Island Iced Tea because it is multiple types of alcohol. I typically get a vodka and cranberry.

I've been able to get one every time, though usually not the first night. They don't have the sweet & sour mix on the first night, but it magically appears on the second night.