To BLOG or not to BLOG

Kween Karen

Hello everyone,

I have had several inquiries as to my blog address for my upcoming cruise.....so here is the deal.

I have decided NOT to blog this time. I really love doing it and I LOVE all the comments I get from all you friends I have never met HOWEVER......I want to see what a Grand Voyage is like without the time and stress it takes to do my blog. I really do spend 2 to 4 hours on it every day and I wonder what everyone else on the ship is doing with that time. I intend to find out. Perhaps I will wish I had blogged and I can always do it NEXT time.

SO.....thank you to everyone who asked and for all your kind comments on my previous blogs.

The trip I am talking about it the SOON to be sailing Grand Asia aboard the Amsterdam. I really doubt that I will have too much time on my hands.

Karen aka Kween Karen

I have loved your reports and they were in their way an inspiration to do our website. We do that after the cruise for many reasons but one certainly is that it takes time, too much time to do it during a cruise. In other words, I fully understand you foregoing the blog during the cruise. Go and enjoy.

I've always enjoyed your blogs, too...love the way you do the photos and copy!

On the other hand, I don't blame you for not doing it...I know it has taken an incredible amount of time away from enjoying other things on the ship!

Enjoy your cruise, Karen....

Have a great cruise. I loved your blogs in the past but am glad you are going blog-less. As Mick Jagger said "You can't please everyone so you gotta please yourself".

You are one of the cruisers that helped me decide that I could easily cruise solo after the death of my DH. I am slowly building up to do some Grand Voyages. I did a 21 day this summer and am booked for the Voyage of the Vikings (35 days) in 2015. Hopefully my next cruise after that is the 67 day South America Grand Voyage.

Thanks for your help.

Good decision. I love reading all the blogs and "live from" threads, and loved yours with all your good pictures. But as I read them, it always occurs to me how much time the posters are spending writing and uploading pictures. It has to take away from "fun" time or just relaxing time. Plus there is the tremendous internet cost.

So enjoy your trip. But PLEASE do come back and tell us all about it and share your pictures, when you are rested and at home. Will look forward to hearing all about it. Oh, and if you get a little down time during the cruise, you could just post an occasional update of your adventures.

Since we are cruising with you this time, I selfishly planned to enjoy your blog after I got home to relive the fun. I think you are making a good decision for you(though you could just blog a little bit)

Stephanie

I have enjoyed your blogs and you were an inspiration for me to attempt a blog for my World Voyage (it turned out I enjoyed it and miss doing it now that I am home).

Being a scrapbooker I liked the way your pictures and journaling were put together but can imagine how long it took to construct an entry and then post it.

Hope you have a "Grand (blog less) Voyage"!

Kathi

Karen you deserve to have a blog free cruise...

My Mom used to write a column once a week for a local news-paper about Antiques..She spent so many hours each week on it, so I fully understand the time you put into your blogs is many more hours each day..

I've always enjoyed your blogs, but sometimes it's more important to do for yourself !

Go & have fun! Please when you get back just give us a quick rundown of your cruise..

Bon Voyage!

Edited by serendipity1499

I too will miss your blog but don't blame you a bit for enjoying your cruise blogless. I too hope you return and do a report with pictures. I always felt like I was with you on your cruise. Enjoyed reading about your adventures and seeing your wonderful pictures. As someone else said stop by here every now and then and tell us how you are doing. Have a great cruise!!

Hello everyone,

The trip I am talking about it the SOON to be sailing Grand Asia aboard the Amsterdam. I really doubt that I will have too much time on my hands.

Karen aka Kween Karen

Karen -HAVE a WONDERFUL spectacular cruise [ we met on one of the "Grands" I've forgotten which -several years ago] Anyhow - I'll be thinking of you; ASIA is my FAVORITE destination!!!!! [Where we met- I'm sure!] Take care!!!!

XXXXXXXXXXXXXv Anne [And Dick]

From Colorado!

Karen -HAVE a WONDERFUL spectacular cruise [ we met on one of the "Grands" I've forgotten which -several years ago] Anyhow - I'll be thinking of you; ASIA is my FAVORITE destination!!!!! [Where we met- I'm sure!] Take care!!!!

XXXXXXXXXXXXXv Anne [And Dick]

From Colorado!

Yes we met on this fall Grand Cruise....but it didn't do Asia that year...it did New Zealand, Australia and the South Pacific so this is my first time to Japan and China. Maybe you did the South America Grand also.....can't remember for sure.

I have enjoyed your awesome blogs with their wonderful photos but I always wondered where you found the time to do a daily report with photos. So I certainly understand your desire to enjoy your cruise to its fullest.

Have a wonderful cruise and tell us about it when you return.

Add me to the list of HAL friends who are encouraging you to just enjoy your cruise. If HAL were paying you to spend hours each day blogging about your cruise, then maybe. But that's not the case. I compare live blogs to experiencing one's holiday through the lens of a camera. Studies have shown that a camera is a barrier to one's enjoyment and memory of living.

Send us a review later. In the meantime, just relax and live in the moment.

Linda (formerly of Seattle, who watched you depart on your first Grand Voyage in 2009 from Seattle.)