Le Club Voyage Thumbs up or down

uktog

I so agree...the changes to Le Club voyage (does that mean we now sail on the L'azamara?) are not working in our favor and I am at the discover plus level. You would think there would be some consideration given to those of us who have travelled the world with Azamara.. So the loss of the champagne was ho hum. BUT internet minutes was a big deal as well as the laundry especially as we typically spend 3 - 4 weeks at a time cruising with Azamara. And a $199 upgrade (I assume pp) is worthless to me given we always book a suite and what are the chances that there may be availability in one of the few suites. So I give it a thumbs down.

Did they survey their customers at all, I wonder?

I certainly do not think they offered a survey. If they had, they would have known they had a problem.

Another thumbs down :mad: ... the internet minutes are (were?) a BIG factor and the free laundry was nice when doing the B2B's. These things cost Azamara so little ... why not just raise their base fares by a few dollars? Truly they are not trying to compete with the run-of-the-mill ships and they are already FAR below (pricewise) of the "premium" ships. Come on Azamara ... listen to your loyal followers.

Thumbs down!

We have been on Azamara twice and had some of our best cruises. However, I will tell it like it is.......we have not been impressed ever since Mr Pimental took over. We still hoped to sail again on Azamara. I periodically look at prices and then look elsewhere. When I think of sailing in the small veranda cabins and the small bathrooms and compare to Oceania's ships, especially Marina and Riviera, I can not justify Azamara's prices.

On the plus side, we are Discoverer level with Azamara, by virtue of being Elite with X, and that was always a factor in looking at Azamara sailings. Now, forget that! That's gone down the tubes! :mad:

I can not imagine what the Azamara Management Team was thinking! Are the financials looking that bad for Azamara that they needed to alienate their loyal customer base?

And have you received your e mail from Azamara announcing this program? I clicked on the video that accompanied it.....if you think you are mad now and wonder how they could think their loyal customers are so stupid......wait until you watch that video! :eek::eek:

What a disaster for Azamara!

Thumbs down from us as well! While we are only at Discoverer level, we don't cruise enough with AZ to even begin to reach the next tier to qualify for the "free" nights. We're with those folks who enjoyed the laundry and internet perks.

Soooooo . . . I just emailed our TA and told her that we plan to cancel our British Isles cruise set for next year. We just need to decide who will get our cruise $$$ -- maybe Oceania as we leave for a Med cruise with them next week (first time on board with them).

Absolutely DISGRACEFUL. Attention Celebrity, we are coming back home where the benefits roam and the internet and laundry come free.

I cancelled my NZ cruise with them, and went back to Celebrity. The suite perks are just too good with Celebrity!

It wasn't broke.

Then, they fixed it.

Now it IS broke ..... badly.

The internet and laundry were benefits that were useful to and appreciated by many.

I -and others- booked Azamara more frequently because of these enhancements. When they're gone, I think you'll find that many loyal passengers will have less incentive to book Azamara.

I get free "unlimited" domestic upgrades on several airline frequent flyer programs. But, because of all of the terms and conditions, the "unlimited" upgrades probably occur only about 50% of the time.

The terms and conditions of the "improved" Azamara benefits make them absolutely useless to many e.g.:

".......Program is available for bookings booked under full fare or general marketplace promotions only. Program is not valid for bookings made in guarantee categories (W, X, Y, Z), for bookings created within 120 days to departure......"

Many people still work, and must book within the 120 day window. (Think 4 months).

Please, Please, admit your mistake, and restore the laundry and internet.

If I could cancel my 2015 b2b without penalty I would

The ONLY benefits I cared about were Internet and laundry

I don't sail for benefits but I don't patronize companies that care so little about their customers

I will never book another Azamara cruise.

It is a terrible organization

There are many other great options

I have asked my ta to try to cancel my two cruises without penalty. The change in terms is a dealbreaker for me

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by pacheco18

I know I will get slammed, but I will say it again: RCCL is not willing to invest in AZ, period. Did Larry give any detailed drydocks upgrade plans in his CC "talk"?

No, he talked in very generalities because he clearly does not have the RCL board support. I challenge anyone to tour O's three R ships and tell me AZ's compare. What we are experiencing is the slow, painfull demise of what could be a great cruise line. I really feel sorry for the staff which are fabulous. The loyalty changes and charters are just the beginning of a process that will end with a sale of the ships. Very sad.

I know I will get slammed, but I will say it again: RCCL is not willing to invest in AZ, period. Did Larry give any detailed drydocks upgrade plans in his CC "talk"?

No, he talked in very generalities because he clearly does not have the RCL board support. I challenge anyone to tour O's three R ships and tell me AZ's compare. What we are experiencing is the slow, painfull demise of what could be a great cruise line. I really feel sorry for the staff which are fabulous. The loyalty changes and charters are just the beginning of a process that will end with a sale of the ships. Very sad.

think you are absolutely right.

All these little changes do make me rethink booking future Azamara cruises as compared to other cruise lines. My next cruise for 2015 is booked on Celebrity since a two week Caribbean cruise was less expensive than one week on Azamara.

Just returned to Azamara forum to read with dismay about the recent Loyalty Club changes. We are feeling less sorrow now about leaving Azamara when their itineraries and fares no longer accommodated our needs. We will always remember the wonderful cruises on Quest and Journey but are happy to say we have enjoyed recent cruises with Celebrity and are looking ahead to new adventures with them as well.

Very unhappy with loss of internet and laundry. I used to love Azamara but have sadly seen steady decline over the past few years. I was shocked at the terrible decor changes when they did the last updates. Crew morale seemed to be in a very sad state on our last cruise.

Very poor management seems to be ruining what was a great little cruise line with intensely loyal passengers. Someone doesn't seem to value the customers or their opinions. I am sorry that I still have an open deposit with Azamara.

We are on our first Oceania cruise next month and have our first Seabourn cruise booked for next June plus a Celebrity one in October 2015. We had felt quite disloyal 'defecting' to other cruise lines but it will be interesting to compare them as we feel we should spread our wings now that Azamara does not seem to value our loyalty anymore.

I hope you will post your views about how Azamara compares to Oceania and Seabourn after your cruises. It is always helpful to hear from a fellow Azamara cruiser since we have similar cruise experience on which to base comparisons.

Wow. I guess I have more pressing things to worry about besides whether or not Azamara gives me a free bag of laundry or some internet minutes because I'm a loyal customer. When I hear words on these boards such as "dismay" and "sorrow" and "terrible organization", it give me pause. I am a seldom cruiser (so, in fairness, this is all moot to me), but have enjoyed my two Azamara cruises, have one booked, and am planning another. We received some internet minutes on our last cruise that we didn't even know we qualified for until we had paid for the package. Nice, but not a deal breaker. I would be much more concerned that my vacation plans would be turned upside down because AZ decided to charter the ship during the time I had planned to cruise with them or worse still, cancelled the cruise nine months out when I had probably made all my plans. Sounds like a whole bunch of folks need to get a life. Sorry, but maybe I just needed to vent:mad:

Wow. I guess I have more pressing things to worry about besides whether or not Azamara gives me a free bag of laundry or some internet minutes because I'm a loyal customer. When I hear words on these boards such as "dismay" and "sorrow" and "terrible organization", it give me pause. I am a seldom cruiser (so, in fairness, this is all moot to me), but have enjoyed my two Azamara cruises, have one booked, and am planning another. We received some internet minutes on our last cruise that we didn't even know we qualified for until we had paid for the package. Nice, but not a deal breaker. I would be much more concerned that my vacation plans would be turned upside down because AZ decided to charter the ship during the time I had planned to cruise with them or worse still, cancelled the cruise nine months out when I had probably made all my plans. Sounds like a whole bunch of folks need to get a life. Sorry, but maybe I just needed to vent:mad:

Maybe it's the fact that it's this on top of chartering cruises 9 months out, cancelling cruises, moving ships, a useless call centre, a website that is broken ...they add up

Thumbs down here too. After 8 Azamara cruises and all in suites, I find absolutely nothing in the new packages that I would find of value. Larry P is great at double-speak even when you meet him on a President's Cruise - speaks the company line but gives you absolutely nothing of value in his answers. I can not believe that they consider a discount on slow over-priced internet as a benefit. At least when you had free minutes you did not mind the difficulties logging on and the slowness. So much for a so-called 'bespoke' cruise line that wants to cater to those earning super high incomes. Need to start looking elsewhere.

Over the past few year there have been so many changes at Azamara. Each large change that they made, loyal PAX leave and go to other cruise lines. (I have left Azamara too.) I feel Azamara does not know what it wants to be when it grows up. I don't think that Azamara really cares if they lose PAX. They try one thing and then change it to another. Not really very steady in their plan that the public can see. I think Azamara is just an experiment, when they get the formula right, the line will change its name and come out as a brand new cruise line. This is just my thoughts on the subject.

I'm kind of wishing and hoping that Crystal takes over these lovely small ships. Maybe they can bring on the Pacific and Ocean Princess as well. They are diamonds in the rough as Oceania has shown with their updates. RCL just doesn't seem to care about Azamara. The crews are great but they can only play with the hand they are dealt.

Upon reflection, since points are reciprocal between Celebrity and Azamara, what is to stop one from taking that ONE magic cruise upon which they change classes and gain free nights with one cruise? Am I missing something?

They've got that covered. From the terms and conditions:

To earn complimentary nights, members must earn at least 50% of their member points on Azamara and must have sailed with Azamara within the past 3 years.

Phil

Ok Azamara Joel, please help my maths

A future booking is 15 nights already in a suite. We would wish two bags of laundry on this trip, more importantly a minimum of 400 internet minutes. I could not follow your table so using this example please tell me how I might now be better off, I am discoverer plus, not yet around the Zenith/Platinum level

Ps the onboard spa is not of interest

Edited by uktog