Hilarious Celebrity website issue

KLSweetland

I know we always talk about how bad their website is, but this is an actual quote from the shore excursions page right now (Rum & Fun Safari in Dominica):

Rum & Fun Safari (ROB1)

This tour enables passangers(sp) to visit a local waterfall without any strenuous(sp) walking. Enjoy the sultan falls where you may choose to swim or just hike and take photos. This experience is breath taking. Then continue your journey to the oldest rum factory in Dominica and view the making of some of the caribbeans finest rums. Enjoy rum tasting at the factory then you may also experince(sp) a unique view the caribbean sea while sipping on local rum Combinations. This is a must do adventure on Dominica.

Hilarious! Whomever wrote this description has already had faaaar too much rum.

Edited by KLSweetland

They need to hire an editor! The ShoreEx Department in particular seems to have a systemic editing problem.......Next time you're on board, be sure to read carefully the excursion booklet that is printed out and left in your cabin on the first day - the same one that you can pick up at the ShoreEx desk on Deck 3, the one that lists and describes all of the excursions offered for that cruise - I have found not only countless English mistakes but problematically, and on several cruises this has happened - the wrong descriptions are put under the title - so a shore excursion that does exist, is put under the totally wrong header, or looking at it the other way, the excursion that is titled, the description is totally wrong. A passenger who gets on board who has not done their research ahead of time, might not catch this. Really shoddy in my opinion, careless, for any for-profit business.

I know we always talk about how bad their website is, but this is an actual quote from the shore excursions page right now (Rum & Fun Safari in Dominica):

Rum & Fun Safari (ROB1)

This tour enables passangers(sp) to visit a local waterfall without any strenuous(sp) walking. Enjoy the sultan falls where you may choose to swim or just hike and take photos. This experience is breath taking. Then continue your journey to the oldest rum factory in Dominica and view the making of some of the caribbeans finest rums. Enjoy rum tasting at the factory then you may also experince(sp) a unique view the caribbean sea while sipping on local rum Combinations. This is a must do adventure on Dominica.

Hilarious! Whomever wrote this description has already had faaaar too much rum.

Well, first of all strenuous is spelled correctly but there are also a lot of other mistakes. Sultan Falls, and Caribbean should be capitalized and combinations should not. There should also be an apostrophe in Caribbean's.

By the way, it should be whoever, not whomever so maybe we all make mistakes. Whoever means "he", whomever means "him".

Yes, that print out is sometimes funny - on our recent Canada cruise, which stopped in Portland, Maine, one excursion was mentioned several times as being in Portland, Oregon! And another tour we had prebooked that was listed as "Mild", said in the brochure that you have to walk 3 miles over uneven ground! When I asked about that, I was told it was a mistake.

Remember, Celebrity is trying to attract a younger crowd and they are writing in the English of their target market :) :)

IMHO, in that case the message might read: Ttep2valWF....

When is a TA not a TA?

Edited by Orator

We employed a person in our marketing department who had English as a second language. Sadly we noticed that such errors became obvious throughout our website and printed material. Clearly they never spell checked their work. I didn't have any say in employing them but had a lot to say when removing them.

And yes, strenuous is spelled correctly. :p

Edited by Pushka

Here's another strange one on the website under Silhouette deck 4 descriptions starting April 2015...

Cellar Masters

Host your meetings in serenity and style in our state-of-the-art facility, with the ability to accommodate up to 200 guests. This modern and functional conference center affords you all of the amenities of the office alongside gorgeous views of blue skies and calming sea.

They are turning Cellar Masters into a conference center and they are still calling it Cellar Masters? So we grab a glass and attend conferences all in the same room?

Yep, when I was trying to find shore excursions in Miami, due to a late flight home, the heading was a tour in the Everglades; the description was for a totally different tour on an island.

Edited by Nebr.cruiser

On a recent thread about MDR Breakfast someone had posted a link to the menus. On the printed menu shown in the link I just love the heading SPECIALTIES. (I don't fancy having a tie for breakfast!) As it was printed in a large bold font it looked so obviously wrong too. So it's not just their website needs proof reading.

On a recent thread about MDR Breakfast someone had posted a link to the menus. On the printed menu shown in the link I just love the heading SPECIALTIES. (I don't fancy having a tie for breakfast!) As it was printed in a large bold font it looked so obviously wrong too. So it's not just their website needs proof reading.

And the problem with SPECIALTIES is???

Ya I don't see the problem here either, and as someone north of the 49th, I have an understanding of UK English - American English - and Canadian English

:confused:

Maybe the poster was attempting satire... Those of us with British Roots do that style of dry humour often... Just that it doesn't always translate well on the Internet

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

The WORST error is on the menu of the Bistro: Entree's. I know that the writer meant there to be an accent on the e, but the "typer" saw an apostrophe.

The Celebrity Today issues on our latest cruise were so bad, we developed a drinking game: Anne of Green Cabels? (gulp) Bermuda excursion in Quebec? (gulp) Bin Band music (gulp).

The WORST error is on the menu of the Bistro: Entree's. I know that the writer meant there to be an accent on the e, but the "typer" saw an apostrophe.

The Celebrity Today issues on our latest cruise were so bad, we developed a drinking game: Anne of Green Cabels? (gulp) Bermuda excursion in Quebec? (gulp) Bin Band music (gulp).

Hysterical... A Drinking Game

I will have to remember this

Then again maybe it explains a lot of the posts on CC... Other posters pouring themselves a shot every time a particular thing happens

Gosh... Think how tipsy we'd all be if we took a gulp every time there was a Dress Code post

As the OP said though...

Booze would explain a lot.

Maybe, Exactly why Celebrity's written docs are so bad... The Staff has been in the sauce

Lol, then again that brings us back to the first post... The "rum soaked" excursion to the Falls.

Cheers!

Quote:

Originally Posted by laslomas View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghstudio View Post

Ya I don't see the problem here either, and as someone north of the 49th, I have an understanding of UK English - American English - and Canadian English

So,I was sitting here trying to figure out how on Earth to spell SPECIALTIES if not this way. So glad that other posters already pointed out the spelling is RIGHT. BTW,English is my second language,and I am doing my best not to make many mistakes.

Edited by cruisingcanadian

Sorry - didn't realise this was one of those words spelt differently in other countries. I have just checked my dictionary and it shows Speciality and the plural Specialities, and it looked so wrong to me without the second I. All I could see was special ties.

No, not an attempt at satire. A google search tells me that in US and Canada it is specialties. I thought I was aware of the spelling differences so possibly I have never seen this one before.

Well, first of all strenuous is spelled correctly but there are also a lot of other mistakes. Sultan Falls, and Caribbean should be capitalized and combinations should not. There should also be an apostrophe in Caribbean's.

By the way, it should be whoever, not whomever so maybe we all make mistakes. Whoever means "he", whomever means "him".

Apologies the spell checker in this thing changed it. It was spelled 'strenous'. I tried to attach a screen shot to this thing but couldn't figure it out.