Just returned from Royal BVE!

kendon

We just returned from a wonderful afternoon on the Royal as Bon Voyage Experience guests. For $39/pp, it was very well worth the experience for almost total access to all areas of the ship...except for access to a state room. My husband and I had the pleasure of sailing on the Royal this past February, but decided to take our sons on to show them a Princess redesign. We were offered a four course meal plus a glass of wine in the MDR, but decided to have lunch by making the rounds at the HC, Caribe Cafe, and the IC instead. This is a great marketing tool. As elite passengers, we knew what to expect. However, for those new to Princess, it's one thing to read a brochure and another to experience the ship first hand. We did book a future cruise while on board today. It was very tempting to stow away....

I'd be more than happy to answer any questions.

We just returned from a wonderful afternoon on the Royal as Bon Voyage Experience guests. For $39/pp, it was very well worth the experience for almost total access to all areas of the ship...except for access to a state room. My husband and I had the pleasure of sailing on the Royal this past February, but decided to take our sons on to show them a Princess redesign. We were offered a four course meal plus a glass of wine in the MDR, but decided to have lunch by making the rounds at the HC, Caribe Cafe, and the IC instead. This is a great marketing tool. As elite passengers, we knew what to expect. However, for those new to Princess, it's one thing to read a brochure and another to experience the ship first hand. We did book a future cruise while on board today. It was very tempting to stow away....

My daughter will be doing this as we board on Oct 25th. Thank you so much for posting. What time did you board? :D

Sounds like a great day! How did you book your cruise...did they have the future cruise consultant desk open?

The Captain's Circle Hostess ran the BVE and opened her desk to future cruise sales at 3:00 p.m. We had to be off the ship at 3:30. She was the perkiest and most accommodating CC hostess I've ever seen!

My daughter will be doing this as we board on Oct 25th. Thank you so much for posting. What time did you board? :D

We boarded at 11:30, leaving us a full 4 hours to spend as we wished.

p.s. I'm not cooking tonight...we ate all day...haha

When BVEs have been discussed for non-US ports it's been said that Princess only has it set up through TSA. Not that they couldn't do it in other countries but apparently Princess doesn't wants to negotiate that procedure in non-US ports.

It would be nice to have it at non-US ports but dealing with multiple governments' rules and regulations apparently makes it impractical for Princess.

When BVEs have been discussed for non-US ports it's been said that Princess only has it set up through TSA. Not that they couldn't do it in other countries but apparently Princess doesn't wants to negotiate that procedure in non-US ports.

It would be nice to have it at non-US ports but dealing with multiple governments' rules and regulations apparently makes it impractical for Princess.

I personally think that is a cop out They deal with the same offices all the time for their other plans so why not extend the conversation so we can get some of the same offers and perks as USA and Canada. This also extends to the recommendation obc not available here to us and that would not need a chat to officials of governments:D:D:D

Yes thank you Princess the Military obc is available now but this is not extended to firies and policemen etc. as it is in USA

Edited by windsor26

Yes thank you Princess the Military obc is available now but this is not extended to firies and policemen etc. as it is in USA

I don't know where you got the "fact" that military OBC was extended to police and fire in the US but that's completely wrong & there's never been any OBC for PD & FD. :rolleyes:

Edited by Astro Flyer

We took a non-cruising friend to the BVE aboard the Star, and she's still talking about it. It's nice to see The Same Old Princess Look through fresh eyes.

There is, of course, rarely an advantage to booking onboard, but the ability to buy FCCs can be a sizable plus.

I don't know where you got the "fact" that military OBC was extended to police and fire in the US but that's completely wrong & there's never been any OBC for PD & FD. :rolleyes:

Agreed, only military. :-)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Where have I been? How did you find out about this opportunity? Will the experience be offered when the ships are in Port Everglades? I would love to try this!

Where have I been? How did you find out about this opportunity? Will the experience be offered when the ships are in Port Everglades? I would love to try this!

They are offered on various ships at various ports. You have to call Princess direct & they treat it like a regular booking:D

Sent from my XT907 using Forums mobile app

We took a friend on board the Caribbean Princess last month and had lunch in the MDR. Our friend got a glass of wine, but we did not.

Anybody that "hosted" a guest get a glass of wine?

The free wine at lunch is for the BVE guest only, not all their friends too. :rolleyes:

I think I first heard about it on Cruise Critic.

kendon,

Is the BVE available only available for booked guests and wanting to bring others aboard?

Or, may an unbooked person book the BVE for a given voyage?

Anyone can do the BVE. You do not need to be with anyone that is booked. :)

Edited by janetz