Elite toiletries

Pjran

Please could you tell me which toiletries we will receive as Elite. I will need to start packing soon and would like to know whether I should pack shampoo, conditioner, body lotions etc.

Thank you.

My experience in the past year is that it's nothing different than any other passenger receives. Attached to the shower wall are pump bottles...one with shower gel and the other was a combination shampoo and conditioner. There is a bar of soap and a tube of hand lotion.

I requested the elite toiletries from our cabin steward which Princess said would be available but he had none. I've read that some have been able to get the elite toiletry items from their cabin steward however I think as supply runs out they are not replacing it. The result is that you can only count on these items but not any of the other things that previously were included in the elite toiletries.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Thanks for posting the link to the information which I'll bookmark and print a copy of it for our upcoming cruise to learn if we can once again get these items that Princess says we will receive.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Please could you tell me which toiletries we will receive as Elite. I will need to start packing soon and would like to know whether I should pack shampoo, conditioner, body lotions etc.

Thank you.

We have noted a bit of a downgrade in the Elite bath amenities lately. You'll get the shampoo and shower gel in a big dispenser in the shower and I do not think it is as good as they used to be in the tiny containers. My wife said the shampoo left her hair feeling dry and not as clean as it was before. She'll be taking her own shampoo and conditioner with her on future cruises. I'm hair challenged so it doesn't matter to me. The rest of the Lotus Spa amenities package is relatively unchanged. Safe (and squeaky clean) journeys!

There are no more elite bath amenities. I went to the loyalty desk and asked and was told they no longer have anything except suite amenities and regular amenities. They should update their web page because it is wrong and misleads people into thinking they get something they don't.

I got a bag with stuff on my Royal cruise. Things like lotion, lip balm, a couple of Q-tips, etc. I used only a few things and left the rest there.

Because of the shampoo/conditioner and shower gel in pumps and not in bottles, I now bring my own shampoo and ask for the small soap cakes.

We received the special amenities on our Caribbean Princess cruise in August--eye mask, luffa scrubby thing, individual shampoo and conditioner, and lip balm. As long as Princess keeps this on the website as one of the Elite benefits, I think they should honor it: "Regardless of your stateroom type, your stateroom bathroom will be stocked with the upgraded amenities normally reserved only for Suite guests." I'd contact the Captain's Circle host/hostess if they were not in our cabin by the second night. Nevertheless, I'll bring my own conditioner and a large bar of soap.

Edited by geoherb

We received the special amenities on our Caribbean Princess cruise in August--eye mask, luffa scrubby thing, individual shampoo and conditioner, and lip balm. As long as Princess keeps this on the website as one of the Elite benefits, I think they should honor it: "Regardless of your stateroom type, your stateroom bathroom will be stocked with the upgraded amenities normally reserved only for Suite guests." I'd contact the Captain's Circle host/hostess if they were not in our cabin by the second night. Nevertheless, I'll bring my own conditioner and a large bar of soap.

THis is what we got in the suite. Minus the eye mask...which I would have liked. I had no problems with the shampoo and conditioner like others have and I loved the lip balm!!

We have noted a bit of a downgrade in the Elite bath amenities lately. You'll get the shampoo and shower gel in a big dispenser in the shower and I do not think it is as good as they used to be in the tiny containers.

Elite have always received the same shampoo as suites. In the not-too-distant past, there was a packaging difference (small container vs. a cardboard pack) between what suite/elite received and the non-suite/non-elite received, but the product was the same.

With the switch to a different shampoo in the shower mounted bottles, I am not sure if suites have that arrangement now or still get the little containers.

Thanks everyone who took the time to answer :)

Sorry one more question, are the toiletries replenished when empty or should I still pack some?

Items such as shampoo, conditioner, lotion & soap are replenished and most of the time other items usually will be also but if not you can ask your steward for more.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Items such as shampoo, conditioner, lotion & soap are replenished and most of the time other items usually will be also but if not you can ask your steward for more.

Thank you very much, it's nice to know as I'd read the ordinary shampoo was not great. A few items less to pack makes more room for handbags.

Elite have always received the same shampoo as suites. In the not-too-distant past, there was a packaging difference (small container vs. a cardboard pack) between what suite/elite received and the non-suite/non-elite received, but the product was the same.

With the switch to a different shampoo in the shower mounted bottles, I am not sure if suites have that arrangement now or still get the little containers.

Suites have the combo shower mounted bottles the same as everyone else.

Mike:)

Thank you very much, it's nice to know as I'd read the ordinary shampoo was not great. A few items less to pack makes more room for handbags.

I have to agree that the combination shampoo/conditioner was not good for me. My wife doesn't like the eucalyptus scented shampoo or conditioner but it works good for me. It's impossible to make everyone happy but neither of us like the current shampoo/conditioner in the pump bottles.

This was not true for us on the Sapphire last January, or on the CB last June. Instead they had little bottles, but they were new packaging, with the same stuff that is in the huge dispensers in other cabins (i.e. the new, not-so-great stuff).

Just got off last month from being in a penthouse suite. No pumps and not even a place where they used to be but switched to individuals.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forums mobile app

The only real way to know is to find someone who just got off YOUR ship who has elite status, or at least just recently off your ship. Maybe you can go to one of the roll calls from earlier this moth or last and ask in there and see if anyone responds. Maybe on a thread that has been recently active so people will get notifications that you posted something.

This was not true for us on the Sapphire last January, or on the CB last June. Instead they had little bottles, but they were new packaging, with the same stuff that is in the huge dispensers in other cabins (i.e. the new, not-so-great stuff).

That's because the program was just being rolled out after the first of the year. Actually our dispensers were installed during our February cruise on the Ruby

Just got off last month from being in a penthouse suite. No pumps and not even a place where they used to be but switched to individuals.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forums mobile app

That is great news!

We are boarding the Ruby on the 22nd

Mike