Celebrity Dress Code Discussion Thread

Andy

Like I posted earlier, I just observed who wore what in the main dining room. Maybe they where more relaxed because it was spring break!

Quite frankly I always where a sport coat because I don't like to much air conditioning. B//4 any one one has a heart attack, I even saw a cap in the main dining room and other things people wore I don't want to talk about.

Like I said I didn't want to "open a can of worms" again!

I just posted what I observed. Some cruisers new to celebrity seem confused.

Men just bring suit or sport coat tie you are fine.

Ladies you always look nice.

PS Listen to your wife and wear what she tells you to and you will not get into trouble at the dinning room! I DO!!😄

Fact is you will be taking the chance of not being allowed into the dining room, your choice Of course.

I'm well aware of that, yes. I'm talking about the difference between "let's of the law" and what's commonly REALLY enforced.

But I know that "commonly" doesn't mean 100% every single time.

Edited by dbsb3233

I'm well aware of that, yes. I'm talking about the difference between "let's of the law" and what's commonly REALLY enforced.

But I know that "commonly" doesn't mean 100% every single time.

That's why I said "your choice of course." By the way, jackets are what is commonly REALLY enforced.

Just off the Silhouette. I didn't notice many tuxes; there were a few though. Lots of sport coats and suits, some with and some without ties. There were a few that sneaked through with short sleeve Hawaiian-type shirts. For the most part, everyone looked great and had an enjoyable time.

My goodness! Pack a 2 ounce tie and wear a light sports coat onto the boat with a pair or khakis or jeans and be done with this thread or just go to the buffet!

Or skip the tie altogether and still comply with the dress code.

My goodness! Pack a 2 ounce tie and wear a light sports coat onto the boat with a pair or khakis or jeans and be done with this thread or just go to the buffet!

Or, smart casual all the time and be done with this thread, ties, jackets, etc. (You can still go to the buffet!).

Edited by RocketMan275

Why does the dress code discussion seem to only address the men? Do women get turned away if dressed better than shorts and tank top?

Women aren't trying to push the lower limits of what's considered acceptable for entry to the MDR at dinner.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus on the T-Mobile 4G LTE Network using Tapatalk Pro

If you know the rules, then what is the problem? Are they for everyone but you?

Go to the buffet or follow the rules as simple as that!

No need for the buffet to be the only option. We had an amazing meal at Murano on formal night dressed smart casual.

Nope. I paid for the MDR, I'm going to the MDR. If you want to have "relive the Titanic" night, do it in a specialty restaurant and make it optional for people that insist on doing that.

Nope. I paid for the MDR, I'm going to the MDR. If you want to have "relive the Titanic" night, do it in a specialty restaurant and make it optional for people that insist on doing that.

Paying for your cruise may get you on the ship, but does not "entitle" you to have dinner in the MDR. You also agree to abide by stipulations contained in the the cruise contract as well as the passenger code of conduct established by each cruise line.

Edited by vulcan1971

Trust me, if you're on the Eclipse(Jan-March) & try to get in the MDR in shorts on formal night, you better hope I'm not near you! I have & will prevent slovenly dressed pax from entering. Making a big stink to the Maitre D works wonders.Just follow the dresscode. If you can't/won't, then either stay home or eat in the buffet or choose a casual line.

Unfortunately for you, fortunately for most of the rest of us; your bold pronouncements carry exactly zero weight. Celebrity gets to make the rules, not you. :rolleyes:

Happily, Celebrity will INSIST that YOU do NOT partake of the MDR meal on Formal night if you choose not to follow the rules you agreed to when you reserved your cruise.

Perhaps you should try a cruise line where you can make your own rules.

Oh wait, that doesn't exist.

Sorry dear, but it appears you will have to follow the rules just like everyone else.

LOL

I have just come to this thread and I would make to make a points.

1) Rules is rules, no matter how one may wish to "spin" the words to suit themselves.

2) Basically, if people had consideration for others then there would not be any issues.

Unfortunately, there will always be people in life who will, (for reasons best known to themselves) always challenge the status quo. Hopefully they will not be on our ship!!

gergles - might I suggest that you buy yourself your own yacht? That way you can dress any way you wish and make your own rules. Other wise Celebrity has been upfront about their rules for the dress in the MDR. To be so combative about such a minor issue suggests that you simply enjoy debating the subject matter. :D

Luckily Celebrity is a great fit for us as we enjoy dressing up ...... errr I mean recreating the Titanic. ;)

The way I read the policy is that smart casual is allowed in Blu on formal nights which suits me just fine. Should someone else want to wear a tux that is there choice and I respect that.

That's why the dress code is "smart casual and above".

I think that ambiguous rules are part of the problem.

I just went into my reservation to book Select dining times. The website shows that the dress code for Select is "smart casual." Isn't Select dining in the MDR, though? Does the formal night dress code apply or not???

I just went into my reservation to book Select dining times. The website shows that the dress code for Select is "smart casual." Isn't Select dining in the MDR, though? Does the formal night dress code apply or not???

If you look at the main menu, it says "smart casual and above on most nights" and "formal on formal nights".

I believe that by the time you are booking your select dining times, you have already read the basic information which lists the dress codes for the two FORMAL nights.

There is no difference in dress code for Select or Traditional dining, the entire Mdr is the same dress code. I would like to see what you are quoting.