Quantum of the Seas - Maiden Transatlantic Voyage - Nov 2-10, 2014 - Live Report

jv_nyc

This response was meant for the Superior Grand Suite - I put their name in the title of my message - appreciate your response anyway - and thanks for your pics also - ENJOY your cruise - not like me ALWAYS taking pics ha ha - take a peek without the camera sometime:)

I really think we should give these fine folks a little time to get organized.

AMEN! I get the excitement but give 'em a wee break. We've waited this long a little longer won't kill us. Right? :D

Denise

Hi everyone - first report. Let me caveat, I love Royal and am ridiculously positive, enough to be accused being a cheerleader (read my reviews), so for me to say something negative, is very rare.

That checkin was terrible - utter confusion. I can only hope it's because the staff (non-Royal) at Southampton haven't been properly trained because this is a one time thing (until Anthem arrives).

We're finally on board (after about 45 minutes), enjoying a beer at the Pool Bar. The ship is beautiful. Pictures to come when I get on the wifi.

We weren't able to get into our cabin (Superior Grand Suite on Deck 8), so we used our Set Sail Pass to purchase beers.

So sorry your check in was not too smooth. I really can't say that was a surprise. ;) IMHO. Hope the rest of your trip is truly wonderful though. I also want to thank all of you brave folks for taking on this Maiden voyage AND reporting about it in real time. Awesome! Thanks a lot!!:D

Denise

Hi everyone - first report. Let me caveat, I love Royal and am ridiculously positive, enough to be accused being a cheerleader (read my reviews), so for me to say something negative, is very rare.

That checkin was terrible - utter confusion. I can only hope it's because the staff (non-Royal) at Southampton haven't been properly trained because this is a one time thing (until Anthem arrives).

We're finally on board (after about 45 minutes), enjoying a beer at the Pool Bar. The ship is beautiful. Pictures to come when I get on the wifi.

We weren't able to get into our cabin (Superior Grand Suite on Deck 8), so we used our Set Sail Pass to purchase beers.

Don't blame the epic failure check in on Southampton. We have been in and out of there number out times and it has always been top notch.....until oasis transatlantic...which was worse than an epic failure IMHO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On board our boarding was 30 minutes from setting foot in the terminal to on board the beautiful quantum. The covered area midships port side deck 4 is outdoor seating for Jamies Italian. My opinion is windjammer wasnt such a zoo as usual and seating feels a little more intimate due to layoit. I can't believe how much comfy seatong there is throughout the ship. I plan on having an amazing cruise but probably won't purchase wifi. I will post more thoights post cruise

[quote name='racheltp']On board our boarding was 30 minutes from setting foot in the terminal to on board the beautiful quantum. The covered area midships port side deck 4 is outdoor seating for Jamies Italian. My opinion is windjammer wasnt such a zoo as usual and seating feels a little more intimate due to layoit. I can't believe how much comfy seatong there is throughout the ship. I plan on having an amazing cruise but probably won't purchase wifi. I will post more thoights post cruise[/QUOTE]

[B][I][COLOR="Purple"]LOVE your positive attitude! With that, you'll have a WONDERFUL cruise! Hope you do!:)

Ginger[/COLOR][/I][/B]

[quote name='jv_nyc']Teaser - those booked in a Superior Grand Suite will be VERY happy with their decision. The layout is new and lovely. I have photos uploading now and will post a link once they're done.[/QUOTE]

OH I can't wait to see the pics :):):) - we are in 8234 but not until 4/12/15:( - thanks for posting these.

Pat

[quote name='juiceman']Can anyone get video of how the Bionic Bar works?[/QUOTE]

There was a video on USA today of the bionic bartender at work. Scroll down to the bionic bar clip and watch...this does not show ordering the drink...

[url]http://www.usatoday.com/story/cruiselog/2014/10/31/royal-caribbean-cruise-quantum/18051177/[/url] Edited by JMG

How exciting!!! Can't wait to here all the details and see all the pictures.

If anyone has on opportunity, can you find out how the cabins are on deck 13 regarding noise from the pool deck, etc. above on 14? We are booked in cabin 13570 on the June 20th sailing and we are a little anxious about our deck and cabin choice.

Ed

Sent from my iPhone using Forums