Jewel of the Seas

Just recently off Jewel during her Southern Caribbean out of San Juan (have cruised on her before on a 12 night Northern Europe/Baltic)..she's a favorite but sad to say she is looking a bit tired and other than cosmetic needs I too will miss the SeaView Cafe..but will be taking another cruise on her (Northern Pacific) before she goes into drydock.

Don't miss Seaview Cafe, last one in the fleet.

I'm with Bob, it'll most likely disappear during drydock. No fees for food, check for operating hours in your Compass.

Radiance class ships are really nice; Jewel OTS is GORGEOUS. Oh, and try to find a quiet time in the Safari Club, all the way back on deck 6. Grab a cocktail or a cup o' something and sit and enjoy the "wall to wall" aft views, whether in port or at sea.

Enjoy your cruise!:)

I'm with Bob, it'll most likely disappear during drydock. No fees for food, check for operating hours in your Compass.

Radiance class ships are really nice; Jewel OTS is GORGEOUS. Oh, and try to find a quiet time in the Safari Club, all the way back on deck 6. Grab a cocktail or a cup o' something and sit and enjoy the "wall to wall" aft views, whether in port or at sea.

Enjoy your cruise!:)

Sorry no "likely" about it...it's definitely going to make room for a specialty venue...more than likely the Samba Grill...This is very sad and many of us were hoping RCI would leave the SeaView Cafe on the Jewel.

sailed on her in June. Ship was perfect to me. walked all over and she was fine. Not a fan of the seaview. food is ok..not enough to get excited about...odd hours. do it all if you can

We sailed on her last Feb and just loved the ship. I had read great things about the Seaview Cafe but on our one and only visit, the service was horrible and the wait time for food took at least 40 minutes. There were only 7 other people in there besides us. We must have hit it at a bad time because the previous reviews were very positive, we didn't see that on our only visit. Since this was our only negative experience on the Jewel it was easy to forgive and enjoy the other great times and food in the MDR and Windjammer. I'd sail again on the Jewel in a heart beat.

Just recently off Jewel during her Southern Caribbean out of San Juan (have cruised on her before on a 12 night Northern Europe/Baltic)..she's a favorite but sad to say she is looking a bit tired and other than cosmetic needs I too will miss the SeaView Cafe..but will be taking another cruise on her (Northern Pacific) before she goes into drydock.

We will be on Jewel in May for the North Pacific cruise. Can't wait! Love the Radiance class ships!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Where are the self-leveling pool tables located? How many are there and it are they easily available (or always in use)? Thanks.

They are located on deck 6, just aft of Schooner Bar. There are two pool tables, sometimes busy, sometimes not.

They are located on deck 6, just aft of Schooner Bar. There are two pool tables, sometimes busy, sometimes not.

Thanks Bob. I am assuming that you cannot sign-up/reserve them? If there were I would love to schedule a time for our group of 10 for a mini-challenge.

Thanks Bob. I am assuming that you cannot sign-up/reserve them? If there were I would love to schedule a time for our group of 10 for a mini-challenge.

Each ship varies, on the Radiance class ships that we have been on, there is no sign up or reservations.

Don't Miss:

• The opportunity to eat OUTSIDE at the Windjammer!
  • The 70s part at the Centrum.
  • The Quest in the Safari Lounge. (SO MUCH more fun in the more intimate setting!)
  • Didn't have to wait to use the pool tables, and they were fun!
  • Shuffleboard
  • Mini golf
  • The amazing solarium
  • The outward facing glass elevators with a view of the ocean

Love the Jewel. Cruised with her this year and am booked again for January of 2016!

Don't Miss:

• The opportunity to eat OUTSIDE at the Windjammer!
  • The 70s part at the Centrum.
  • The Quest in the Safari Lounge. (SO MUCH more fun in the more intimate setting!)
  • Didn't have to wait to use the pool tables, and they were fun!
  • Shuffleboard
  • Mini golf
  • The amazing solarium
  • The outward facing glass elevators with a view of the ocean

Love the Jewel. Cruised with her this year and am booked again for January of 2016!

Is the golf simulator still operating?

If yes, was there a cost?

The RC website said the Jewel has a "complimentary golf simulator", but I have not heard anybody comment on it.

Thanks

• 2 months later...
Is the golf simulator still operating?

If yes, was there a cost?

The RC website said the Jewel has a "complimentary golf simulator", but I have not heard anybody comment on it.

Thanks

I have never seen the golf simulator free, except for events like the longest drive competition. Seeing as how there are less features on the Radiance Class, you would think Royal would keep the simulators in working condition.

The one thing I did not like about this ship is e-cig were allowed in non smoking places……...

First time I have heard this on any ship.

When we were on Jewel in July 2013, I could never find the Seaview café open. It wasn't a big deal to me, so after a few attempts, just did not try anymore.

LOVED the ship, the solarium, the elevators overlooking the ocean. Great use of the centrum for activities. Some of what she did not have (that other ships have), I did not miss. I am sure things will be added when she goes into drydock in 2016. I could hope she gets a Flowrider, but probably not.

The one thing I did not like about this ship is e-cig were allowed in non smoking places……... Today 04:21 AM

First time I have heard this on any ship.

We saw it on Adventure in Schooner Bar last week.