Is Concierge Class Worth it if you are Elite?

hovank

We are Elite Plus but we still book Aqua because we like Blu. Have never thought about booking a regular veranda. Do not plan on changing even with the 123 promotion.

OP was asking about Concierge, not Aqua. I agree that Blu really ups the ante for Aqua Class decisions. For Concierge, on S class there is very little value unless the extra Captains Club point means a lot to you. I would pay very little more for a CC cabin on S class, and usually only because of location. On M class, I would pay a bit higher differential due to the extra space. I do miss the footstools on M class though - a small touch but very nice for the sailings when I spend alot of time on the balcony.

I have done research on this message board, but would like to ask those that have experience with X a question. I am looking at booking a Concierge class cabin on an Equinox cruise for Feb 20, 2017 [yep 2+ yrs from now :eek:].

It is an 11 day Mardi Gras cruise and the rooms are filling up fast. The 123 go promotion for the C Class cabin seems to make sense. [all three benefits vs just one] --only $600 more for both of us.

The issue is that we are Elite through our Royal Caribbean connection. [ Our last X cruise was 5 yrs ago--so we do not remember much about the perks and things have changed.]

My thoughts:

We would have drinks in the evening with the Elite status anyway--correct? So, this seems to be of some benefit--but, not huge.

The $300 OBC would make up half of the difference in room rates.

I would buy a soda beverage package for only me--so now the difference is about $200 of value. It seems like a good deal.

Any thoughts?

However, my research has mostly found that most do not think the C class perks are worth much. :confused:

I did the same calculations and ended up booking concierge. We would not book a 2D or 2C cabin (lifeboats) so the cheapest veranda cabin is a 2B which is $4358 (CAN no taxes inc) A C3 is $4838 which is a difference of $480.

In a veranda I would receive $300 OBC less $264 for gratuities which would leave us $36 for the two of us to buy martinis:eek:

With the Concierge cabin I get $300 OBC + $275 for grats = $575

$575 - $480 (diff in cabin $) and I am ahead by $95 and I still have the drink pkg to boot.

I have always been bad with math:confused: but to me it made sense to book the Concierge Cabin

I did the same calculations and ended up booking concierge. We would not book a 2D or 2C cabin (lifeboats) so the cheapest veranda cabin is a 2B which is $4358 (CAN no taxes inc) A C3 is $4838 which is a difference of $480.

In a veranda I would receive $300 OBC less $264 for gratuities which would leave us $36 for the two of us to buy martinis:eek:

$575 - $480 (diff in cabin $) and I am ahead by $95 and I still have the drink pkg to boot.

I have always been bad with math:confused: but to me it made sense to book the Concierge Cabin

Have you look at the 2cs above blu or silk havest restaurant, balconies are about 3 ft longer and no lifeboat to block the view , the only thing you cannot look down, beside that I would book it again

Have you look at the 2cs above blu or silk havest restaurant, balconies are about 3 ft longer and no lifeboat to block the view , the only thing you cannot look down, beside that I would book it again

The 2C is $4278 which is only $80 less per cabin. For that amount I would stay in a 2B. I think those cabins have the big expanse of blue roof below you. Are those the ones you are thinking of?

I just booked a single occupancy concierge on the same cruise. The difference between a 2D veranda and a C3 concierge was only $500. I received the 123 package plus an extra $100 OBC for booking concierge versus veranda onboard wih passages certificate, plus an additional $100 OBC from my travel agent for the higher cruise price. Plus I get double miles for solo occupancy, so will earn about 110 points for the cruise, enough to get me to elite plus by that time if I havent already reached it. Even with the 3 daily elite drink benefits I sometimes use the drink package for the martini bar as well as cafe el bacchio, fresh orange juice, etc. You cannot use the drink vouchers at the Martini or Molecular Bar, as far as I know.

IMO, It is definitely worth any small extra cost to end up with a great C2 location (1 category captains club upgrade) versus a 2C, even though the obstruction in 2C cabins is not really that noticable like the 2Ds. I do not care about the canapes in concierge or the footstools, which sometimes arent even available, but I did notice a big difference in the pillows, so I dont know if you can get the better pillow menus unless you have Concierge or above.

Just my thoughts.

I just booked a single occupancy concierge on the same cruise. The difference between a 2D veranda and a C3 concierge was only $500. I received the 123 package plus an extra $100 OBC for booking concierge versus veranda onboard wih passages certificate, plus an additional $100 OBC from my travel agent for the higher cruise price. Plus I get double miles for solo occupancy, so will earn about 110 points for the cruise, enough to get me to elite plus by that time if I havent already reached it. Even with the 3 daily elite drink benefits I sometimes use the drink package for the martini bar as well as cafe el bacchio, fresh orange juice, etc. You cannot use the drink vouchers at the Martini or Molecular Bar, as far as I know.

IMO, It is definitely worth any small extra cost to end up with a great C2 location (1 category captains club upgrade) versus a 2C, even though the obstruction in 2C cabins is not really that noticable like the 2Ds. I do not care about the canapes in concierge or the footstools, which sometimes arent even available, but I did notice a big difference in the pillows, so I dont know if you can get the better pillow menus unless you have Concierge or above.

Just my thoughts.

I don't use the footstools so much but DH does - he loves his balcony lol I'm out and about most of the time but he spend a lot of time relaxing on the balcony reading and napping. We have always had footstools in Concierge:confused: We also love the bedding and great pillows:D I did not enjoy the big body pillow as much as I thought I would - it was like having a third person in the bed:eek:

I talked to my TA and we worked through the various options, too. I decided to go ahead and book the concierge class. The juice, soda, coffee and water are a plus and are something I will use a lot. Even if it does not come out ahead--and I am not sure it doesn't--I think it breaks even.

So I decided to book the Concierge class. It might be a mistake, but by 2017 who knows if X will give me Elite status. I keep hearing rumors of changes and 2017 is a long way off. :rolleyes:

I am not sure the extra points will make a difference for me. I can not get to elite plus without a lot more cruises. I have a loooooong way to go to reach Elite plus using my current Captain's Club points. I had a 14 day cruise, a 12 day cruise and a 9 day cruise. [my CC used to say I had 5 cruise credits] Now it says I have zero points. :confused: I will need to get that straight.

Good thing you did :). I don't think there are that many left

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Yes--the TA said they were almost gone. I booked a C3 because it had a better location than the available C2s. I will check back to see if I can use my free upgrade if anyone cancels closer to the date.

The 2C is $4278 which is only $80 less per cabin. For that amount I would stay in a 2B. I think those cabins have the big expanse of blue roof below you. Are those the ones you are thinking of?

Yes , better then looking down on a lifeboat :D

That a lot of cash for a cruise , good thing I have RCL stock

image.jpg.575d16b9ef8968ccc0b30d2a426d066e.jpg

Edited by Airbalancer

I just returned from a Concierge cruise, for me it was worth it for two reasons only..

1. The position I wanted was only available in CC

2. I actually got it for less $$$$ than I could get a standard Verandah when I booked.

The "perks" were absolutely worthless.

I'm going on the Summit on 4/4. I booked two connecting CC rooms (going with wife and 2 kids). Pricing was great with 123, OBC and travel agent bonuses.

Is Aqua worth it for $400 more in total? We would lose our connecting rooms and my wife would need to stay with one child and I get the other in another room. Room would be adjoining - not connecting.

Stay put! IMO AQ not worth $400 more. Blu, is over rated IMO. Save the money and dine in specialty restaurants a few more times! The price drops during the cruise if the restaurants aren't booked up and or your aren't fussy about dining times.

Enjoy your cruise

As to AQ, I agree BLU is overrated. Get Aqua if you want the spa perks etc.

I sailed Aqua once, and ate in BLU one time, asked to be seated balance of trip in MDR. I sail suites often, and therefore get BLU access, and ate 2 maybe 3 times among those cruises, and dined in Specialty or MDR balance of nights.

I am not a breakfast eater, and HAVE heard great things about BLU's breakfast however. It really is about the only order off menu place on ship for breakfast other than MDR and I read lots of bad things about the speed of service in MDR, so I would think BLU in its small space, would be far better in this area.

I would say BLU is great for a smaller quieter atmosphere, but don't go looking for amazing out of this world food.

YMMV.

I just returned from a Concierge cruise, for me it was worth it for two reasons only..

1. The position I wanted was only available in CC

2. I actually got it for less $$$$ than I could get a standard Verandah when I booked.

The "perks" were absolutely worthless.

I could not agree more. I think everyone who travels CC on Solstice class has a duty to inform fellow travelers how worthless the perks are. Do not throw your money away unless it is less than $50 pp AND the location is worth it to you.

I could not agree more. I think everyone who travels CC on Solstice class has a duty to inform fellow travelers how worthless the perks are. Do not throw your money away unless it is less than $50 pp AND the location is worth it to you.

I like the footstools, the upgraded robe and towels, pillows, room service menu, sparking wine makes great mimosas for breakfast on the balcony. Most of all, I can always find a cabin in a great location. Maybe not much $ value but we like the extras. We actually enjoyed the improved afternoon savories in Oct:D

The difference in price is not much when you add in the OBC, paid gratuities and drink package over booking a veranda.

The perks are fairly intangible (unlike Aqua where you can put more of a value on Blu + persian gardens). Location is a big one. Right now the "all-inclusive" nature of CC over other balconies makes it nearly a no-brainer for most of the cruises we have looked at, but not everyone will get the full value out of the drink package (we do).

The difference in price is not much when you add in the OBC, paid gratuities and drink package over booking a veranda.

For me it was a $78pp savings to book CC over a veranda. It would be stupid not to book this category in this situation. I looked at the amenities and there was nothing there that would make me book CC other than the savings from the All inclusive package. The bottle of sparkling wine doesn't mean a thing if you have a drink package. We usually book an ocean view and I'm fine with the towels, soap, shower head and pillows at that level. I can't imagine that I will even notice the difference with the CC products. On a positive note we are sailing on the Summit so at least I know from reading this tread that the room will be slightly larger. This is only our second time with Celebrity so even the extra captain club points won't make a difference to us.

For me it was a $78pp savings to book CC over a veranda. It would be stupid not to book this category in this situation. I looked at the amenities and there was nothing there that would make me book CC other than the savings from the All inclusive package. The bottle of sparkling wine doesn't mean a thing if you have a drink package. We usually book an ocean view and I'm fine with the towels, soap, shower head and pillows at that level. I can't imagine that I will even notice the difference with the CC products. On a positive note we are sailing on the Summit so at least I know from reading this tread that the room will be slightly larger. This is only our second time with Celebrity so even the extra captain club points won't make a difference to us.

I would agree if I was happy with an OV but we need fresh air and the balcony gives us more real estate. DH would not cruise if he didn't have a balcony. So my "job" has been to find the best cabin/category for the price. Concierge on M Class is noticeably bigger. On S Class, for the sailing we booked, the difference between a 2B and a 1A was $120. But again as you say, it is worth booking CC because of the 123. Because we usually book when the itineraries are rolled out, the price difference between categories is smaller therefore we can usually book 1A or B or book a C2 for C3 pricing (1 cat upgrade). The cabin is important to us, especially on the last few 28 day sailings, although some people just use it to change clothes or sleep so the cabin is not that important.

I have read through this thread and am surprised that no one has mentioned the difference in base prices when the 123 promo is offered.

When I priced out the options for a Mar 16 Equinox cruise on one popular web site it curiously showed oceanviews as quite a bit more expensive than balconies. I discovered the cause of this curiousity by reading the promo offer - it was because the oceanviews offered the 123 promo and the balconies did not.

This may have been a unique or rare circumstance, but I came to the conclusion, possibly erroneous (I often am), that the inclusion of the 123 raised the base price of the oceanviews about $500 pp. Unless one opted for the drinks package there was no real savings with the promo base price so inflated. My elite Plus status will allow us the opportunity to enjoy a free cocktail - I´ll purchase a wine package for a couple of hundred.

On the Concierge class v standard balcony (2A-2D) debate, I note that the 2Ds were located midship and the C2 (1655) I was upgraded to from a C3 was quite aft and $400 more than a 2D guarantee. I prefer the midship location to an unobstructed view. On this ship we will use the balcony principly for drying our gym clothes (there are no self service laundries) and only occasionally for reading or having a drink. The absence of a view will underwrite the cost of wine and specialty dining... a better way to allocate my money. I have seen the sea before and it hasn´t changed much.

Edited by pmacher61