Royal Caribbean Websire Issue may cancel your cruise.

sajaann411

I want everyone to no this as their cruise has a chance to be cancelled. I was on the phone with Royal Caribbean yesterday as i wanted to pay the balance of my cruise before the Nov 16th deadline. They told me my balance was $600 more than it actually was according to the email itinerary i have from them back in May. After arguing for 15 mins i was transfered to Resolution. AND HERE IS THE STORY.

If for any reason you login to your Royal Caribbean account and click 'My Cruises" your discounts are deleted and you are on the hook for the full price. The agent told me that if there is a a balance owing on the account they will call you but if you do not pick up there is a chance your cruise will be cancelled. She said it is up to me to make sure i do not click "My Cruises". i asked her why is it my resposibility because i have paid my cruise off in full - she replied with - just don't click and you won't have a problem. I asked her to take the link down - she said thats not up to her. so now i have to monitor my online account incase my wife or i have a accidently clicked the button then contact RC to correct it....again WHY AM I DOING THIS??? i paid my price anf it is their site that is broken.

I asked her why RC has not put out a bulletin - she said its not up to her but will make a note. THIS IS REDICULOUS that it is my responibility when it is their issue. RC is going down hill with their customer service.

Keep checking your account or call RC to complain for not making you aware of this serious issue.

I am having the same issue. My email confirmations are $1200 less than what the website says I owe. The website totally screwed up my prices. We have 6 people in our cabin and they have all of the prices messed up. It's crazy. I need to call just have been avoiding the frustration!

I also have issues with RCCL. 8 phone calls and 4 emails and I have cancelled my cruise. Each time I ring I confirm a price and the documentation says $500 to $1500 more than I agreed to with call centre staff. I even had someone from RCCL ring ME back and guarantee the price at $3809 but somewhere in between the call centre conversation and the documentation coming to me, up goes the price from $3809 to $1500 more for 2 of us.

I don't think I clicked 'My cruises' at any time. I did go into the site and log in but I clicked into the ref no of the cruise. The price was wrong always when the documentation came in.

There is something very, very wrong with RCCL that the price comes in more than you agreed to with call centre staff. It is as if there is a second person making the cruise dearer.

I want to book the cruise and can do it on line but like you sajaan411, how can we trust RCCL.

I always access my reservation via the My Cruises link, and it hasn't ever been repriced. The discounts are still there and I have no balance due.

Consider yourself lucky :)

This is an ongoing problem. It happened to me once (cruise got repriced) so I just don't look at my reservation anymore

After several transfers, it was finally fixed. They told me not to use My Cruises to access my reservation

Edited by ryano

I was told the same thing by resolutions a few weeks ago. The guy who booked my cruise told me I clicked on the link to the cruise in My Cruises, it would reprice it and I would just have to call resolutions back to get it fixed Sure enough a few days later I clicked on it to check shore excursions and it said I owed $600 or so more than I should have. I called resolutions back and they fixed it, but not before telling me to keep my hands off the reservation in my cruises. Basically they blamed me for their IT problems. RCCL IT is definitely a nightmare...

I'm wondering if all of these cruises with problems are from booking directly through RCCL or their web site? I book through a travel agent who uses CruisingPower's booking tool, and I've never had an issue with the My Cruises link.

However, I asked C&A's D+ desk this morning to check on a possible upgrade, and she had to log out of my reservation to see the correct new price for the possible upgrade.

I am thinking it's their direct booking tool that's got the glitch, not reservations through CruisingPower.

I'm wondering if all of these cruises with problems are from booking directly through RCCL or their web site? I book through a travel agent who uses CruisingPower's booking tool, and I've never had an issue with the My Cruises link.

However, I asked C&A's D+ desk this morning to check on a possible upgrade, and she had to log out of my reservation to see the correct new price for the possible upgrade.

I am thinking it's their direct booking tool that's got the glitch, not reservations through CruisingPower.

There have been reports from folks on here booked thru a TA and they have had the same problem.

I think the issue may occur if you booked online or booked via a courtesy hold. I had a similar issue when my cruise fare was increased by $2500 after I booked a shore excursion for a room reserved with a courtesy hold. Never had a problem with other booking via a customer service representative.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

When I went to make our final payment it said we owed 0.00 but I knew different. Many emails and phone calls later and we got it fixed and paid in it full but it was a major issue! I had to explain it every single time I spoke to someone and each phone call I had to speak to at least 3 people. If I had not saved my confirmation we would be in deep doo, :eek::eek::eek:!

BUT, I will say, everytime I spoke to someone they were very, very nice!!

Edited by Loggra
Added a space!

So very weird. I smell a lawsuit coming up the pike if they don't fix it. There was a class action lawsuit years ago in FL when over port taxes and fuel surcharges that RCCL lost.

This booking tool issue smells like bait and switch, which it isn't, but RCCL could get in a lot of trouble over it.

If I had anyone tell me not to go into My Cruises because their system is screwed up, I'd jolly well go all over My Cruises and take screenshots along the way. Then, I'd email the screenshots to them and my travel agent, telling them to clean up their mess.

So far, though, I haven't had any issues.

My cruise was booked over the phone by someone in resolutions. He said the problem is because it was "special" pricing, but it was only a resident rate...

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I booked through a PVP over the phone like I always do :) My reservation still got messed up

I booked on the phone as it was a family Oceanview with six people. I rebooked with BOGO which saved us $$ then had to be rebooked for the Freedom dry dock. Even though I was told it was getting a price protection, I did not. And now it is totally screwed up. My BOGO pricing is gone and I was charged more for 3-6. It was $399 pp and now shows ups as $399 for 2 people, $416 for another and $966 for another! I have my original confirmation so we will see what happens.

I had the same thing happen a few weeks ago...my cruise was paid in full & when I logged on thru my cruises it was showing a nearly $500 balance...I called C&A to have it corrected & the lady told me not to go thru My Cruises anymore...she said any special pricing will drop off..she called resolutions to get it fixed...but the new guest confirmation she sent was still showing $60 owed....called back & finally got it corrected...the 2nd lady I spoke with didn't know anything at all about a problem with the my crusies section...

Not sure I understand how you can see your pricing. We always go through a travel agent, and only see invoices & pricing when the agent sends it to us.

How can you even see your pricing on a Royal Caribbean website?

Please help us understand - thanks!

Not sure I understand how you can see your pricing. We always go through a travel agent, and only see invoices & pricing when the agent sends it to us.

How can you even see your pricing on a Royal Caribbean website?

Please help us understand - thanks!

If you book direct with Royal, you can see pricing on the website.

I don't see pricing on my reservation either. It was booked on the phone with Royal by another person in my group. I only have my emailed confirmations that everything is paid in full. I have used My Cruises many times so I hope there isn't a surprise waiting for me at the port.