Postponed boarding on Crown this Sat

Dreamer333

This ship has been hit several times. What are they missing or could it be in the plumbing?. They said the terminal was also being sanitized but if that was the case wouldn't other boats be affected? I always carry wipes when cruising and flying and no problems after 25 cruises.

Edited by rvmike

This ship has been hit several times. What are they missing or could it be in the plumbing?. They said the terminal was also being sanitized but if that was the case wouldn't other boats be affected? I always carry wipes when cruising and flying and no problems after 25 cruises.

When I read the e-mail that said the terminal would be closed for sanitizing I wondered about that, but then realized that anyone coming off the ship with Noro would be using the terminal and leaving germs behind. I would imagine that this is the reason they are sanitizing it so that there would be no cross contamination between disembarking and embarking passengers.

Princess has sent out NUMEROUS emails about this. But I wonder how many people won't see the emails.

CROWN PRINCESS PRE-BOARDING HEALTH ADVISORY

Please be advised that over the last few days of the current cruise, there has been a slightly higher than expected number of cases of gastrointestinal illness among guests caused by norovirus. Throughout the cruise we have been carrying out a comprehensive sanitation program and although case numbers remain relatively low and are further declining, in an abundance of caution we have arranged for the ship to undergo an additional disinfection in Los Angeles on*Saturday, November 22, 2014. Check-in for your cruise will be delayed until*6:30 PM.*Please do not arrive earlier than*6:00 PM*as the terminal will be closed for sanitation and there will be no seating or services available. To minimize terminal congestion we use a progressive check-in schedule as follows:

6:30 PM*- Dolphin and Emerald Decks: Cabins begin with D or E

7:15 PM*- Caribe and Riviera Decks: Cabins begin with C or R

8:00 PM*- Aloha and Lido Decks: Cabins begin with A or L

8:45 PM*- Baja and Plaza Decks: Cabins begin with B or P

Crown Princess is expected to depart Los Angeles at*10:00 PM.

We had a delayed embarkation once in Fort Lauderdale. Princess used the convention center for the embarking passengers to wait in. Fortunately it did not take them quite so long to delay us. And it was also the Crown Princess (in December 2011). We decided not to wait the whole time in the convention center and walked up to the Harbor Shops to eat a leisurely lunch and to buy wine at Total Wine.

I REALLY hope these cases of Noro on Crown will be done and over with before I get on her in January!!! The last thing I need is a case of Noro when after I get of the Crown, I leave for another 7 day sailing on a different cruiseline 5 days later..

Hope they are cleaning the life vests, I always wipe mine down when I get into the cabin.

That's a good tip. I take the wipes and wipe down the bathroom, handles, phone, but never thought about the life vest. Thanks for the tip.:)

I wonder what the MDR attire will look like on Sat night? I bet we see lots of casual clothes.

Since no one will have their luggage till close to midnight, I'm sure there will be virtually no dress code... may be my first DR experience in shorts

Edited by cattman