Royal Caribbean Conciege Lounge Crowding

KatnBob

Jewel is still scheduled for revitalization in 2016.

Hopefully they will allow D+ in the CL on Jewel until there is a DL added. We have a Jewel cruise booked in 2015; I don't mind not having the CL if there is a DL, but would be disappointed to not have either for that trip.

Hopefully they will allow D+ in the CL on Jewel until there is a DL added. We have a Jewel cruise booked in 2015; I don't mind not having the CL if there is a DL, but would be disappointed to not have either for that trip.

I agree, I like the lounge too, but in any case you should still have the 3 drink vouchers each evening.

I agree, I like the lounge too, but in any case you should still have the 3 drink vouchers each evening.

Yes, the vouchers will be nice, but we also really like going to the lounge during the day. It's a relaxing spot to enjoy a cup of coffee and visit.

It's not a big deal, and we'll still enjoy our two weeks on the beautiful Jewel.

We where on AOS on TA in November and it was being talked about then that as from Jan 15 CL would be suite only, looks like C&A have moved the dates until March now, ships with out a DL normally use the bar area up on the VCL on EOS it was the 19TH Hole for nightly events or the lounge on 5 deck dependent on how many D & D+ members are onboard. Lets wait and see how long it is until the Suite want the DL's because it is much nicer then the CL which are dark, out dated and to small.:

Edited by BARNET

Lets wait and see how long it is until the Suite want the DL's because it is much nicer then the CL which are dark, out dated and to small.:

I don't think any passenger chooses what they want or don't want when it comes to ship layout.

Is March when the final 'revitalisation' takes place and all ships have a Diamond Lounge?

Will that then be the point when the CL becomes for Suites and Pinnacle only, the 'Diamond' lounge becomes a D+ lounge and Diamond members have the 3 drinks vouchers?

Just thinking out loud ;) :)

I think part of the 'problem' is that so many people are loyal to Royal that these lounges are then overcrowded with people. Both the Concierge and D lounges were full on my recent trip on the Allure. Several evenings there was no room to sit in the Diamond Lounge. The Concierge Lounge was full in the evening and for breakfast, but had a couple of empty tables on the few times I used it.

Just back from a seven days on Freedom of Seas. It is a beautiful ship and

we loved everything about our suite experience except the Concierge Lounge

evening cocktail hours.

Every evening the lounge was crowded with Diamond+ and Pinnacle Crown

and Anchor ( most of them wear their pins) members. They gather in large

groups, rearrange the furniture and carry on in a loud and boisterous manner

from start to finish. Suite guests are frequently faced with SRO or some

make-shift seating in a corner.

Am I sailing on the wrong ship or this common on other Royal Caribbean ships?

If you are into sailing in suites, maybe you want to try Norwegian.

We sailed on the NCL Jade 2 bedroom suite -

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2139138

Lets wait and see how long it is until the Suite want the DL's because it is much nicer then the CL which are dark, out dated and to small.:

For what they pay, suite guests probably should have the nicer of the two lounges............ Before you jump all over me, we wouldn't benefit from that change. We generally cruise in balcony cabins with a JS guarantee occasionally if we are able to upgrade for little or no money after final payment.

I usually travel in a suite and am also Diamond Plus. I have never seen the behavior in the CL by suite guests that you describe. I know that concierges tend to pay more attention to suite guests, but my husband and I have been traveling in suites for a long time and we have never been demanding or rude.

I am sure there are people in the DL who are just as rude.

We are Platinum Plus and don't use the CL at all because we have found that too many of the suite passengers are so demanding that it is beyond belief. Some feel that because they paid more than others, they are entitled to everything and anything and get downright nasty to the concierge if not given what they expect.

We prefer to go to the Diamond Lounge on Freedom especially. When we used to sail on Brilliance we used the CL as there was no Diamond Lounge at the time, and the suite people using the lounge disliked the female concierge and made it a point to be disrespectful. I felt so sorry for her as she was sweet and so nice as well as doing her job. Another time, perhaps on Mariner the concierge was from Lithuania and she spoke about her native country with my dad for a few minutes and a suite guest stood nearby tapping her foot because she wanted the attention of the concierge.

I don't care how expensive your cabin might be, you aren't any better a person than I am and I would never treat the employees on a cruise ship with disdain as I have seen done.

I am much happier in the Diamond Lounge. Oh, by the way, we aren't ones who brag about booking an inside cabin, because we either book a JS or a suite, so the comment about those bragging again goes to show the mentality of some of the suite passengers.

For many of us who are D+, the vouchers mean little. Yes, the drinks are nice, but the drinks, in themselves, are not the most important. It is the ability to come a lounge, sit down, relax, and meet people who have similar interests and are fun to be with. Of course, having a couple of drinks is a plus!

There are actually some of us who are not "bar people," but who do enjoy the perk of a lounge. As a D+, I can live with relegation (English football term) to the Diamond Lounge. Yes, I will miss the wonderful CL on Oasis with all of its perks, but please don't give us three free drinks and think we will be happy!

Edited by yogimax

For many of us who are D+, the vouchers mean little. Yes, the drinks are nice, but the drinks, in themselves, are not the most important. It is the ability to come a lounge, sit down, relax, and meet people who have similar interests and are fun to be with. Of course, having a couple of drinks is a plus!

There are actually some of us who are not "bar people," but who do enjoy the perk of a lounge. As a D+, I can live with relegation (English football term) to the Diamond Lounge. Yes, I will miss the wonderful CL on Oasis with all of its perks, but please don't give us three free drinks and think we will be happy!

Yes! yes! Agree

Marci

I agree and I have never used a voucher, I always go to the CL or DL.

Just off the Explorer. The only time we went into the CL was to get a cup of coffee. Other times we looked in both the CL and DL were jammed. On past cruises we've witnessed the same "group" sitting there for hours while we might come in and wait 30 minutes to even be recognized or greeted because the "regulars" are sitting there with three or four drinks in front of them and have the stewards and Concierge engaged in their exciting conversations. So we don't bother going in anymore.

We love the vouchers to go get a drink elsewhere on the ship. I would rather spend the time with my sweetie than a bunch of braggarts.

Just off the Explorer. The only time we went into the CL was to get a cup of coffee. Other times we looked in both the CL and DL were jammed. On past cruises we've witnessed the same "group" sitting there for hours while we might come in and wait 30 minutes to even be recognized or greeted because the "regulars" are sitting there with three or four drinks in front of them and have the stewards and Concierge engaged in their exciting conversations. So we don't bother going in anymore.

We love the vouchers to go get a drink elsewhere on the ship. I would rather spend the time with my sweetie than a bunch of braggarts.

We ran into the same situation on our last couple of cruises on the Explorer but, based on many statements made here, I think the problem is one of perception......

A couple walk into a crowded room and see groups of people sitting together. They all seem to be having a grand old time. A few look up but don't see anyone they recognize so they go back to their conversation. The only seats available are within one of those groups so they stand around for a few minutes & finally back out feeling uncomfortable & unwelcome.

In the meantime, the people within the groups are so occupied with their friends and conversations, they don't realize that the quick look they took to see if they knew the people who walked in was misinterpreted as a snub. They didn't ask the couple to join them because they already have a large group & plenty to talk about. They're not being rude, they're already occupied.

The CL & DL are a place to gather based on cabin type and/or loyalty level. If you're there at the right time, you'll have the opportunity to meet & get to know others. If you only go during peak periods for a drink or two before or after dinner, it's unlikely you'll meet anyone.

I don't see a solution to this. Do you?

We ran into the same situation on our last couple of cruises on the Explorer but, based on many statements made here, I think the problem is one of perception......

A couple walk into a crowded room and see groups of people sitting together. They all seem to be having a grand old time. A few look up but don't see anyone they recognize so they go back to their conversation. The only seats available are within one of those groups so they stand around for a few minutes & finally back out feeling uncomfortable & unwelcome.

In the meantime, the people within the groups are so occupied with their friends and conversations, they don't realize that the quick look they took to see if they knew the people who walked in was misinterpreted as a snub. They didn't ask the couple to join them because they already have a large group & plenty to talk about. They're not being rude, they're already occupied.

The CL & DL are a place to gather based on cabin type and/or loyalty level. If you're there at the right time, you'll have the opportunity to meet & get to know others. If you only go during peak periods for a drink or two before or after dinner, it's unlikely you'll meet anyone.

I don't see a solution to this. Do you?

I can't even get a drink, at any time, because there is no place to be served while standing around the wall. The solution is for "groups" to enjoy some time in the CL or DL, have a drink or two....then leave..... so others can experience the lounge. I don't plan on spending 3 hours sitting there.

I've popped my head in around 5:30 and then returned at 8:00 and the same people are there.

Thank you Royal for the drink voucher program.

I would rather spend the time with my sweetie than a bunch of braggarts.

Not sure how you come to that conclusion if you never spend any time in the lounge??? In any case, you must be proud of the 39 cruises and multiple elite status levels that you reference.:rolleyes:

I didn't know the EX had a DL.