Royal Caribbean Conciege Lounge Crowding

KatnBob

My DW and I regularly have Suite accommodations and we are Diamond (soon to be Diamond+) members. We have noticed that the CL is most busy prior to the first dinner seating. My DW and I are second seating people and we have never had a problem finding a seat in the CL. We have met many great people in the CL and we have seen those who do believe they are privileged and believe they are the only ones that belong in the CL because they are D+ or Pinnacle members.

I am aware of the lapel pins C&A members receive for each level of membership, but I am going to be honest, my DW and I have yet to receive one for any level up to our current Diamond level (wonder if we will see our Diamond+ pin in February) LOL. Anyway, I would never wear it nor would my wife. I don't need to demonstrate to anyone how loyal I am to RCCL, all I know is that I am and I don't need to show it to anyone else. To each their own I guess.

Smitty

Edited by Smith0154

We have not (yet) experienced the type of behaviour mentioned in this thread.

If we did, I would probably just ignore it.

I can understand people who have been loyal to a company should have a sense of entitlement - they have earned it (I expect perks from my airline where I have lifetime status). I don't think however that it is really a very significant achievement. Perhaps the few who behave so poorly haven't got many other achievements in their life - so we should feel sorry for them.

Maybe a little off topic but I was on a flight from LA to Australia for work a few years ago and a high tier member (which I am also) was drunk and getting louder and louder when other passengers were trying to sleep. I was a few rows behind, with headphones on and blanket over my head but could still hear him carrying on about his status. I saw progressively more and more senior staff try to deal with the situation and then two air marshalls appeared in the aisle out of sight of him (but next to me). The purser then advised him that if he did not desist he would be detained on landing. He settled down (thankfully!!!) and the marshalls disappeared without him ever knowing that they were there - but it did startle me when they appeared. Initially I didn't know why these people were standing in the aisle.

My DW and I regularly have Suite accommodations and we are Diamond (soon to be Diamond+) members. We have noticed that the CL is most busy prior to the first dinner seating. My DW and I are second seating people and we have never had a problem finding a seat in the CL. We have met many great people in the CL and we have seen those who do believe they are privileged and believe they are the only ones that belong in the CL because they are D+ or Pinnacle members.

I am aware of the lapel pins C&A members receive for each level of membership, but I am going to be honest, my DW and I have yet to receive one for any level up to our current Diamond level (wonder if we will see our Diamond+ pin in February) LOL. Anyway, I would never wear it nor would my wife. I don't need to demonstrate to anyone how loyal I am to RCCL, all I know is that I am and I don't need to show it to anyone else. To each their own I guess.

Smitty

Isn't that the whole point? Enough said.

Edited by travelgoddess1

If it is crowded of course it is out of our control, so we do the best we can we manage, and we have a good time.

When I start to let things upset me I get cranky, and that is no fun.

So, have a drink, chill, and then make the best of a crowded situation.

Besides when it is more crowded, you can meet more people.

Sea Ya

The attitude I plan on having next month when I sail on Brilliance. We plan on making the best of the situation and look forward to visiting the concierge lounge.

It will be our first time in a suite, but we're only Emerald, so Diamond Lounge isn't an option for us.

The attitude I plan on having next month when I sail on Brilliance. We plan on making the best of the situation and look forward to visiting the concierge lounge.

It will be our first time in a suite, but we're only Emerald, so Diamond Lounge isn't an option for us.

You shouldn't have a problem. Brilliance has a beautiful new CL where the old Hollywood Odyssey used to be. It's up top, right next to the Viking Crown Lounge. It's got its own bar and a patio outside. If crowding is an issue on your cruise, they will likely use the entire Viking Crown as an overflow area, I've seen that happen many times. We'll be on her for the 1/31 cruise, definitely looking forward to it.

Smitty

I agree that the lounge seems most busy prior to first seating. Personally we usually skipped the CL and headed to a bar of choice where it was not as busy.

As far as the pins, they went into the garbage when they arrived. Have never felt the need to wear a pin and for those that enjoy wearing it, I say go for it. Just not something we would do.

I've heard it's lovely. Can't wait to sail on brilliance

Brilliance has been the best experience for us so far. Anis was the concierge. Brilliance was in the process of changing the CL from its deck 10 location. In the AM we still went in the CL on deck 10 for coffee. [or anytime of the day which was so nice on the way back to the cabin] In the evening, drinks were served up in the Hollywood Odyssey. Although Anis would stay in the actual lounge assisting guests, it was great to have a seat every night up in the H.O. He would pop up now and then when the lounge was quiet and mingle too. Personal opinion-I would think most concierges probably loved tending to guests without it being a mob scene!! Those Radiance CL's are tiny!!:eek:

Also-another favorite perk of mine-he made sure a certain section of the WJ was reserved for gold card seating for breakfast and lunch. Love that!!! An easy meeting point for those in a group or with extended family!!

How unkind, I hope you did not mean that the way it sounded.

You were on my Jewel sailing Karen. We met you and your husband and you were both so very nice. I don't bring CC up when I'm cruising!!. I like to stay in stealth mode!!!;)

I am very lucky enough to travel in a full suite although I am a diamond plus (soon to become a Pinnacle member), I do feel that the CL should only be for suite guests.

Too many times I have went to the CL to find it full with D+ members sitting for the full 3 hrs and then leaving the lounge at 8pm with a glass of wine in each hand, And before you start giving me a hard time you know who you all are and we he all seen it.

With the new 3 drinks loaded on your seapass per night maybe the next thing is giving the D+ members free wine at dinner, Then and only then they may leave the CL to the people who have paid the price for there suite.

Hey - Am I the only one who also visits the C lounges (Non Oasis class ships) during the day? I actually use the lounge for other than a free evening cocktail. We stop in for early morning specialty coffee and sometimes a quick bite. We may stop in later on the day also for some coffee. Often times we are the only ones in there.

During the day, later in the evening...nice quiet places to enjoy quiet time and a cup of tea, the kids would play a board game nestle up in chair with a hot chocolate and their handheld gaming devices. Always the only people in there during the odd hours.

The pins mean absolutely nothing. Anyone can have them. They are regularly sold on Ebay.

First, thank you for your service.

I agree about the pins, we have received them for all the classes we have made and have never worn them. No need to show off our status, we take what we earned in benefits and enjoy it without a making a big deal about it.

Mike

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

First, thank you for your service.

I agree about the pins, we have received them for all the classes we have made and have never worn them. No need to show off our status, we take what we earned in benefits and enjoy it without a making a big deal about it.

Mike

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

LOL, we have a friend that has started wearing ALL his pins from Gold to D+ at once...... just for the fun of it :D;):p

LOL, we have a friend that has started wearing ALL his pins from Gold to D+ at once...... just for the fun of it :D;):p

He doesn't by chance wear his robe and slippers with the pins does he?

I once saw a guy on the pool deck wearing his RCI hat, RCI robe, and his RCI slippers. He was covered in pins and made sure that everyone noticed him.

He doesn't by chance wear his robe and slippers with the pins does he?

I once saw a guy on the pool deck wearing his RCI hat, RCI robe, and his RCI slippers. He was covered in pins and made sure that everyone noticed him.

LOL, not yet but, don't give him the idea :eek::p

Not sure what your "rolleyes" smiley is all about...

Yes, luggage tags are supposed to list level, just like Set Sail passes are supposed to list level. As quite a few on this thread have already mentioned, right now Set Sail passes are often printing without the level listed, and when they print that way, the luggage tags also don't have the level listed. Besides, after you've given all your luggage to the porters and are waiting in the priority check-in line, what is or isn't on your luggage tags which are no longer in your possession doesn't really help much. :rolleyes:

For my January cruise my level is on both my set sail and luggage tags.

If it was only on the luggage tags, I would print an extra to carry with my set sail.

I am very lucky enough to travel in a full suite although I am a diamond plus (soon to become a Pinnacle member), I do feel that the CL should only be for suite guests.

Too many times I have went to the CL to find it full with D+ members sitting for the full 3 hrs and then leaving the lounge at 8pm with a glass of wine in each hand, And before you start giving me a hard time you know who you all are and we he all seen it.

With the new 3 drinks loaded on your seapass per night maybe the next thing is giving the D+ members free wine at dinner, Then and only then they may leave the CL to the people who have paid the price for there suite.

How can one go to a lounge, take a look around and immediately tell a persons C&A status? Further, how would one know if a particular person spent 3 hours in a lounge unless they also spent three hours there.

M

How can one go to a lounge, take a look around and immediately tell a persons C&A status? Further, how would one know if a particular person spent 3 hours in a lounge unless they also spent three hours there.

M

Like!

This has been a great thread.......very informative. It would be even greater if Adam Goldstein was paying attention!

To that I agree and I think with the Oasis changes, corporate already has a plan. My guess is once that old CL on deck 11 is gone for Wonderland, the true plan for the future of many ships may emerge.

No matter how you slice and dice it-the real problem is trying to jam, D+, P and suite guests into one crammed space. That is the real issue. Small spaces with limited seating at times does not bring out the best in some folks.

Thank you for that, and I agree about stealth mode. I do fly under the radar when possible. :)

I love sitting back just watching and listening. I try to get a read on some folks true persona. Not the CC one!! ;)