Royal Caribbean Conciege Lounge Crowding

KatnBob

First off Diamonds are not allowed in the CL.

Second, why would we want to be in a dim inside room when we could be in the Diamond lounge on Freedom at the top of the ship with fantastic views.

We have never had a problem....and never worn those pins either, they are somewhere down in the bowels of my jewelry chest. Only once with crowding and it was on Freedom, we and some others took our drinks out into Viking Crown. No problem.

Just off b2b cruises on Quantum. CL was crowded every night. Some came in at 4:30...rearranged chairs to make room for their "friends"....who weren't always there when the lounge opened. We loved the ability to go to other, less crowded bars, but felt bad for the Suite Guests who, unless they're D, D+, or Pinnacle, don't have drink vouchers on their Seapass.

Update from Serenade last week: After trying every browser I could think of I gave up on having my C&A status show up on Set Sail pass so I wore my pin to board, since that (and my passport cover) was the only thing I had to prove that I was allowed to use the priority boarding line. It worked. Then it sailed in the safe, since I could flash my gold card around once I got onboard.:p

The CL was quiet the first night, but packed after that. How Nizar managed not to go off duty with a migraine is a mystery to me. When I went in, everybody seemed to be having a good time, but I never stayed long since getting a drink was an exercise in patience, which I lack. And I didn't know anybody in there. The DL, where my friends and I spent our time, was great - there's a door into the VCL that they open up for overflow and we had two bar servers plus the service bar and Alan (I think that the CL had only one plus the bartender; Nizar helped out when he could but was occupied with other duties at his desk).

I haven't seen the new DL on Oasis, but on Quantum it's easy to put overflow into the Music Hall. There is no such overflow for the CL on any ship other than Rhapsody and Vision (DL overflows into the show lounge and DL into the VCL) that I've seen, other than opening up a separate area of the ship. And I think that RCI should extend the three drinks to their suite guests - they pay a pretty penny for little more than an extra large room. And everybody should be invited into the DL overflow lounge - same drinks, same munchies, equal level of service.

Edited by critterchick

I haven't seen the new DL on Oasis, but on Quantum it's easy to put overflow into the Music Hall. There is no such overflow for the CL on any ship other than Rhapsody and Vision (DL overflows into the show lounge and DL into the VCL) that I've seen, other than opening up a separate area of the ship. And I think that RCI should extend the three drinks to their suite guests - they pay a pretty penny for little more than an extra large room. And everybody should be invited into the DL overflow lounge - same drinks, same munchies, equal level of service.

There was "unofficial" Diamond Lounge overflow in the Music Hall every night on the 11/23 Quantum sailing but only a few nights on the Dec 1 sailing. There was a group of Park West VIPs onboard and they had almost nightly early evening events in the lower section. To give them privacy they closed off the entire upper section too!

I agree about extending drink vouchers to Suite Guests. Especially on cruises where space is at a premium in the CL. :)

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise

Update from Serenade last week: After trying every browser I could think of I gave up on having my C&A status show up on Set Sail pass so I wore my pin to board, since that (and my passport cover) was the only thing I had to prove that I was allowed to use the priority boarding line. It worked. Then it sailed in the safe, since I could flash my gold card around once I got onboard.:p

The CL was quiet the first night, but packed after that. How Nizar managed not to go off duty with a migraine is a mystery to me. When I went in, everybody seemed to be having a good time, but I never stayed long since getting a drink was an exercise in patience, which I lack. And I didn't know anybody in there. The DL, where my friends and I spent our time, was great - there's a door into the VCL that they open up for overflow and we had two bar servers plus the service bar and Alan (I think that the CL had only one plus the bartender; Nizar helped out when he could but was occupied with other duties at his desk).

Alan Fajardo?

That sounds pretty much like it was last January on the Serenade. We also gave up on the CL and spent our time in the DL. We liked the way they set up the new DL with overflow into the Viking Crown. Looking forward to seeing it again in a few weeks.

I was onboard and everynight the Diamond lounge was more than packed - I stopped by for envelopes about 3:45 one evening, and the chairs were already filled. The Music Hall would have been great if they would have opened it for overflow, but the doors were closed with a yellow strap- or something that said do not enter. About 1400 D's and Up trying to get into the lounge, that number doesn't compute with 30 chairs?! :eek:

Cannot wait to see how the new suite lounge on the Oasis splits up the crowd from the old CL.

I am sure it will still be crowded, but we go early and leave early.

I hope someone posts a recent experience.

Thanks

Sea Ya

The suite lounge/CK are wonderful. RCI has hit a homerun with this addition to the ship. Were always able to get a table in either place. No crowding at all. One large area with the bar in the middle. The service is just outstanding

Edited by setsail

Cannot wait to see how the new suite lounge on the Oasis splits up the crowd from the old CL.

I am sure it will still be crowded, but we go early and leave early.

I hope someone posts a recent experience.

Thanks

Sea Ya

Suite lounge on oasis is great! We were on the week of 11/29. Not crowded at all and yes you can take beverages out of the lounge. Coastal kitchen is great for breakfast, lunch and dinner. We ate breakfast there everyday. We ate dinner there 4 nights on our cruise and lunch 3 times.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by CaribSailor

Suite lounge on oasis is great! We were on the week of 11/29. Not crowded at all and yes you can take beverages out of the lounge. Coastal kitchen is great for breakfast, lunch and dinner. We ate breakfast there everyday. We ate dinner there 4 nights on our cruise and lunch 3 times.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Do you have any pictures of the menus for Coastal Kitchen? I'm curious if they are the same as on Quantum. Would love pics of your aft GS too. I saw them on another thread but they wouldn't enlarge when I clicked on them. My email is in my signature. Thanks....:)

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise

Reading all of this is interesting when I think back to when we first reached Diamond in 2001. We were sailing on the Radiance and received an invitation to enjoy the CL. We went there a couple times in the evening but never saw anyone else in the lounge. My how things have changed.

Yes...more and more people making D & D+.

Look for RCI to make more changes in C&A status, perks..

No room for any overflow to the new Oasis All Diamonds Lounge. It is on the side of the MDR.

The Suite Lounge was nice.

I'm thinking with the introduction of the vouchers, the overflow lounges were exactly what they would like to and I'll bet planning to get rid of.

Yes...more and more people making D & D+.

Look for RCI to make more changes in C&A status, perks..

Yup. And I do not think offering suite guests vouchers is a solution for the people that pay for a possible one time, or once a year very expensive cabin. I'm no corporate insider but it does look like they have chosen a direction to head for. How long until they get there........who knows.

I will post our CL experience on the Brilliance next week. We loved it on the Freedom a few years ago. It did get crowded and there were a few ***holes holding seats but we didn't care. I live in Miami and have to deal with very rude people on a daily basis.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just off the Allure for 2 weeks. CL never seemed crowded but we arrived after 6 for our shift. ;)

According to the seller, if you wear it, "the staff will notice and give you excellent service, particularly in the dining room, because they recognize your status." :rolleyes:

Yeeeesh......:rolleyes:

Just out of curiosity of course, does anyone know what Ebay's return policy is? Just out of curiosity of course. :o:(:D

I was onboard and everynight the Diamond lounge was more than packed - I stopped by for envelopes about 3:45 one evening, and the chairs were already filled. The Music Hall would have been great if they would have opened it for overflow, but the doors were closed with a yellow strap- or something that said do not enter. About 1400 D's and Up trying to get into the lounge, that number doesn't compute with 30 chairs?! :eek:

Goodness, why would ANYONE want to put themselves in such a situation? Sounds awful. Just go to any other lounge and use your 3 free drinks.

Spoke to crown & anchor rep. This morning about our Jan. 11th cruise on Quantum concerning the concierges lounge. Diamond + will be allowed to use the lounge until March, then we will be kicked out. This is across the fleet. Has anyone else heard this? They were very hesitant to tell me.

Spoke to crown & anchor rep. This morning about our Jan. 11th cruise on Quantum concerning the concierges lounge. Diamond + will be allowed to use the lounge until March, then we will be kicked out. This is across the fleet. Has anyone else heard this? They were very hesitant to tell me.

Have not heard anything about upcoming fleetwide changes to usage of the Concierge Lounge. Does not mean much though because Royal typically does not give much advance notice of these types of changes.

Seems plausible; first I have heard of a date though.

Is March when the final 'revitalisation' takes place and all ships have a Diamond Lounge?

Will that then be the point when the CL becomes for Suites and Pinnacle only, the 'Diamond' lounge becomes a D+ lounge and Diamond members have the 3 drinks vouchers?

Just thinking out loud ;) :)

Is March when the final 'revitalisation' takes place and all ships have a Diamond Lounge?

Will that then be the point when the CL becomes for Suites and Pinnacle only, the 'Diamond' lounge becomes a D+ lounge and Diamond members have the 3 drinks vouchers?

Just thinking out loud ;) :)

Jewel is still scheduled for revitalization in 2016.

We are Platinum Plus and don't use the CL at all because we have found that too many of the suite passengers are so demanding that it is beyond belief. Some feel that because they paid more than others, they are entitled to everything and anything and get downright nasty to the concierge if not given what they expect.

We prefer to go to the Diamond Lounge on Freedom especially. When we used to sail on Brilliance we used the CL as there was no Diamond Lounge at the time, and the suite people using the lounge disliked the female concierge and made it a point to be disrespectful. I felt so sorry for her as she was sweet and so nice as well as doing her job. Another time, perhaps on Mariner the concierge was from Lithuania and she spoke about her native country with my dad for a few minutes and a suite guest stood nearby tapping her foot because she wanted the attention of the concierge.

I don't care how expensive your cabin might be, you aren't any better a person than I am and I would never treat the employees on a cruise ship with disdain as I have seen done.

I am much happier in the Diamond Lounge. Oh, by the way, we aren't ones who brag about booking an inside cabin, because we either book a JS or a suite, so the comment about those bragging again goes to show the mentality of some of the suite passengers.

Did you speak to the D+ Desk?