Getting final bill after departing ship

FLACRUISER99

Yes, it's not difficult. Call Captain's Club, give them your booking number. There is also a phone number for post-crurise questions. I have never handled it by e-mail, preferring to talk to someone personally where there was a late charge added due to them putting a fee on for luggage checking as part of Luggage Valet (due to frequent flyer status, there should have been no fee).

This is from the FAQ:

How can I get a copy of my SeaPass account statement?

We would be pleased to provide you with a copy of your SeaPass® account statement. Please allow a minimum of 3 business days from the end of your sailing, and then you may contact us via email to obtain the requested information.

Additionally, as part of our SeaPass® account system, there may be pending authorizations placed on your credit or debit card throughout the cruise in order to verify the availability of funds. These normally fall off within 3-5 business days, however, if they are causing an inconvenience, please feel free to contact us via email for assistance in removing these

Likewise, if you feel that you have received a charge in error, after verifying with everyone in your party, we ask that you please contact us via email so that we may assist you further in this matter.

Yes, it's not difficult. Call Captain's Club, give them your booking number. There is also a phone number for post-crurise questions. I have never handled it by e-mail, preferring to talk to someone personally where there was a late charge added due to them putting a fee on for luggage checking as part of Luggage Valet (due to frequent flyer status, there should have been no fee).

This is from the FAQ:

How can I get a copy of my SeaPass account statement?

We would be pleased to provide you with a copy of your SeaPass® account statement. Please allow a minimum of 3 business days from the end of your sailing, and then you may contact us via email to obtain the requested information.

Additionally, as part of our SeaPass® account system, there may be pending authorizations placed on your credit or debit card throughout the cruise in order to verify the availability of funds. These normally fall off within 3-5 business days, however, if they are causing an inconvenience, please feel free to contact us via email for assistance in removing these

Likewise, if you feel that you have received a charge in error, after verifying with everyone in your party, we ask that you please contact us via email so that we may assist you further in this matter.

Thanks for that information.

Lol...

Or reading the Celebrity FAQs.

Between the FAQs & the Cruise Contract a lot of Questions can be answered that are posted here on CC

Never ceases to amaze me how few people actually read the truly IMPORTANT STUFF in regards to knowing what their vacation / cruise has to offer them considering how much such a Holiday costs be it in hard earned time off or money

Cheers!

ya come on man whats wrong with you;)

Because it always bugs me when people to to the effort of asking a question on any site and then waiting for a reply when they could get the answer easily and immediately through Google. In this case, all that was necessary was to type 5 words into Google and clicking on the 2nd hit. That is what Google is for.

DON

We once found that the amount that our credit card was billed was much higher than the final bill that we received. I called Celebrity, and the rep emailed the final final bill to me while we were on the phone. There were mini bar charges well beyond what we had used, and she was willing and able to issue a credit.

I recently obtained my final statement via the Captains Club email route suggested. On previous cruises I received a final statement on the last night delivered to my stateroom, But this did not happen on my cruise on Infinity in October this year. I am still not sure why.

It was sent to me by email in PDF format by Customer Relations after my contact with Captains Club.

I was very surprised as it was made up of only one page, whereas usually my statement covers several. I had a drink package and no drink entries were shown. On my previous cruise on Eclipse in January I had many $0.00 entries with details of the venue where drinks were obtained through the package. I really only wanted the statement to see whether the package was worthwhile for me by totting up the drinks.

I queried this with the Captains Club and they replied:

It is standard practice for our ships to swipe our guests SeaPass cards when asking for a drink at any venue onboard and I apologise that Infinity did not action this when you were on your cruise.

Unfortunately they are unable to tell me the reason as to why this was not done but I have passed your comments on to the Food and Beverages Manager so that this can be investigated with the crew onboard internally.

I wrote back that it was most definitely 'swiped' on many occasions as I saw it happen, so I assume that nil entries were supressed in the system.

The reply was:

The systems onboard had an upgrade nearly two months ago and any items on our guests SeaPass accounts that show at zero will not print or show for our guests to see.

The system allows the ship staff to save the SeaPass on there database and then the zero amounts are shown.

I was then sent a full statement as held on their database. On checking it though, it definitely did not include all the drinks, so something is going wrong somewhere. I really wanted to know if the drink package was worthwhile for me. Also I expect that a true statement would be useful for Celebrity to have.

Captains Club were very helpful, as usual.

I had 2 items on my final statement that I got on board which should not have been there. I went down to guest relations and they said they would delete these worth roughly $15....

When I got home they had actually charged me another $10 approx so was $25- more than should have been. I called twice, I emailed twice, they promised me a copy would be emailed to me, it never happened. I couldnt be bothered wasting any more of my time, just let it go.

Point is, doesnt matter what is in FAQ if they dont adhere to it.

Edited by jveevers

Because it always bugs me when people to to the effort of asking a question on any site and then waiting for a reply when they could get the answer easily and immediately through Google. In this case, all that was necessary was to type 5 words into Google and clicking on the 2nd hit. That is what Google is for.

DON

Why does anyone post on CC then? :rolleyes:

Why does anyone post on CC then? :rolleyes:

Don't get me wrong - CC is a very useful resource that is gives information that is available on Google. But you do have to admit that for many of the questions - the person could get their answer immediately and w less work by typing a few word into Google and selecting the 1st or 2nd hit.

DON

Don't get me wrong - CC is a very useful resource that is gives information that is available on Google. But you do have to admit that for many of the questions - the person could get their answer immediately and w less work by typing a few word into Google and selecting the 1st or 2nd hit.

DON

Sometimes Google is great other times not so. I post on CC as others might benefit from the response.

DON

Meant to say "that is NOT available on Google"

DON

Edited by donaldsc

Has anyone been able to get their final bill after leaving the ship?:confused:

Yes, I had to call and request it, it was not delivered to my room. Unfortunately there was an error and Celebrity has not corrected it after two emails and a phone call to Captains Club. Anybody know who I can email?

Anybody know who I can email?

contactmichael@celebrity.com - a staff member will read the message and should respond within a few days.

You could have gotten your answer immediately by typing "getting final cruise bill after leaving ship" into Google..... the person could get their answer immediately and w less work by typing a few word into Google and selecting the 1st or 2nd hit.
There are reasons some of us would rather use Cruise Critic than Google.

1) the ads are a pain in the neck - much worse than Cruise Critic.

2) I've lost confidence in answers given through Google.

3) I like the collegiality provided by Cruise Critic. Google is too impersonal. Most of the people on Cruise Critic are kind and helpful.

To each his/her own. Don, I do wonder why you would care that other people are wasting their time. Like, do you work for Google, perhaps?

Beth

• 2 years later...

DON

Yet only two days ago, you started a thread asking about car insurance for rental cars in New Zealand. Surely you would have been able to get a far quicker answer had you followed your own advice and Googled your query. :halo:

Sometimes Google is great other times not so. I post on CC as others might benefit from the response.

I so appreciate your response.

As someone who discovered CC only a few years ago, I find the information to be quite helpful and read through the boards, particularly the Celebrity boards and Roll Calls on a regular basis. While lots of information can be found on Google, I don't find it to be an efficient way to search for information. Any much of what is posted on the world wide web is somewhat questionable. I do find it funny when I search for cruise related info on Google and the first page is filled with links back to CC entries. Why bother with that when you can do a simple search of the entire Celebrity thread right here on CC?

We always make sure we check the charges daily on the TV system.. We also take a final pic of the last screen and request a hard copy of the bill the night before we leave.,.if it was not slipped under the door.

Final amt should match credit card charges if any...

A day or two before departure we visit guest rel to make sure credit card info us on file...recently the cruise check in rep bungled this and they were expecting a final cash payment...good thing we checked it out,