Classic drinks package - is it enough?

Gilby1989

Hi everyone!

I have the classic beverage package and was just wondering if this covers what I and my partner like to drink. Im quite simple as I only drink beer i.e budweiser. My fiance enjoys malibu and coke and archers and lemonade etc. She also like cocktails but I'm guessing that they'll be out of the budget?

Does anyone have a menu of the drinks menu and cost for example?

And lastly, before I witter on too much, is there a snag on how many drinks you can have per night/over the cruise?

Hi and welcome

There are dozens of posts about the drinks package, as you visit this site you'll see one just about every day. Much discussion about all the drinks both alcohol and non alcohol but one piece of advice to begin with is to wait until you are on the ship and see how the basic package works for you. You can always upgrade then. And there is no limit on the number of drinks you may order each day, but you may only order one at a time.

No limit on the number of drinks per day or per cruise.

From what you have said it appears that the Classic package will work well for you. You didn't specific what cocktails your fiancé likes but things like piña coladas, margaritas, cosmos are covered by the Classic package. The large Martinis served at the martini bar are not covered by the Classic package although they will often make a smaller size martini which is included.

I would suggest you try the Classic package for a few days then if it doesn't cover the drinks you want you can upgrade.

what if you want a cocktail or wine that exceeds the cost limit on the basic package?

Do they just charge you the difference in price, or do you have to pay for the entire drink?

Classic - pay full price

Premium - pay difference

If you like basic cocktails and beers, you'll be fine. If you drink wine, I'd recommend upgrading.

Here's a hint: It's not so much the name of the drink but the name of the brand in the drink. If you don't mind what type of bourbon, rum, vodka, scotch, etc... You'll have no problem with the classic package.

If you prefer a particular brand in your drink, then you can check the various threads or the Celebrity web site on the drink package page to see which brands are included in each package. Log into celebrity.com, under already booked tab, select beverage packages. There you'll see the brands in each package.

However be aware that brands may actually differ in availability by ship and location in the world.

Edited by ChucktownSteve

Hi everyone!

I have the classic beverage package and was just wondering if this covers what I and my partner like to drink. Im quite simple as I only drink beer i.e budweiser. My fiance enjoys malibu and coke and archers and lemonade etc. She also like cocktails but I'm guessing that they'll be out of the budget?

Does anyone have a menu of the drinks menu and cost for example?

And lastly, before I witter on too much, is there a snag on how many drinks you can have per night/over the cruise?

I, too, was concerned when I took my cruise a few weeks ago. As it turned out, I did not need to upgrade. We had plenty of choices and there really isn't a true drink menu as there are more drinks made than one could list.

Now in the case of a "picky" drinker, that may be an issue but I have traveled enough to be flexible as there are times (domestically and foreign) that my brand was not available and I used the bartenders suggestion and it all works in the end.

I think you'll be fine.

Edited by blindrid

We were fine with it except for the wines by the glass in the main dining room, which were so-so (think box wines but te cheap ones.) Interesting that classic package wines at Bistro on Five were much more drinkable.

We like Grand Marnier sometimes in the evening, so just bought a few.

Next cruise we have a lot of OBC so we'll upgrade.

We got the beverage package through a promo and upgraded and were so glad we did. We really like the premium brand spirits and my husband the craft beers, so it was best for us.

We also drank the large bottle of avian during the day and got extras for the room and had Pelligrino at every meal so was well worth the upgrade for us.

Edited by britchicknyc

We got the beverage package through a promo and upgraded and were so glad we did. We really like the premium brand spirits and my husband the craft beers, so it was best for us.

We also drank the large bottle of avian during the day and got extras for the room and had Pelligrino at every meal so was well worth the upgrade for us.

Is it necessary for both passengers to upgrade?

Are the wines covered for up to a stated amount by the glass, please? What amount? If you buy a more expensive wine, do you just pay the difference?

Yes, I believe it's $9.

If you buy a more expensive wine on the Classic package, you pay the full price. On the Premium ($14 limit) you pay the difference.

Yes, I believe it's $9.

If you buy a more expensive wine on the Classic package, you pay the full price. On the Premium ($14 limit) you pay the difference.

With the Premium package, a good Sommelier wouldn't bother charging you if the wine was a buck or two above the limit. A nice tip also helps. :rolleyes:

Is the Clasic pkg unlimited? By that I mean the number of drinks? We had it last year but thought it was limited to a certain amount each day. I am sure we never came close but I am curious. Also, does it still include the fresh squeezed orange juice?

Is the Clasic pkg unlimited? By that I mean the number of drinks? We had it last year but thought it was limited to a certain amount each day. I am sure we never came close but I am curious. Also, does it still include the fresh squeezed orange juice?

Unlimited.

Can't speak to the orange juice, as we upgraded.

Yes on the OJ. Added a shot of vodka a few mornings also :).

I suspect it would be more restricted based upon how you act according to how many you've consumed. :D (enter name of another cruise line with many young, heavy drinkers here)

I also upgraded to the premium on my August cruise. And was glad we did. The way i looked at it, my last cruise, on RCCL, my bar bill for a week was just under $100. That was maybe a drink a day, and a glass of wine with dinner, but not every single night. The cost to upgrade to premium (from the free classic we got when we booked) was about $88, and in my mind, totally worth it.

I tried many of the martinis in the martini bar, had a wider selection of wines to choose from, and tried some new ones I fell in love with, and was able to satifsy my coffee addiction at Cafe al Bacio. I usually have several a day, so my normal routine was one in the am, cappuchino mid-morning on sea days, and some tea at night. That alone was close to $100 for the week. It also included any bottled water, which is all i pretty much drink.

We upgraded in advance, and it was nice not having to keep tabs on how much $$ we spent on beverages, and knowing we could pretty much have anything we wanted.

But, others ahve given good advice; try out the classic, see what's included vs. what you like, and go from there.

I also don't spend $$ on other things, so had I not upgraded my final bill would have been that and whatever tips were not included.

I received an email from Celebrity trying to entice us to buy a drink package on our upcoming cruise.

Below is a link to what is offered on each package.

But like any menu is liable to change at short notice

https://secure.celebritycruises.com/celebrity/media/celebrity/shared_assets/pdf/Classic-Premium-Bev-Pckgs.pdf