booze

ronl

I will becoming and will be the first time Elite, I was wondering what they give you in bar set up? Plus We will be on a 5 day cruise and going on a 7 day cruise btb can i give the room steward are clothes first day of the cruise thank you Ron

Edited by ronl

I was somewhat underwhelmed the first time. A few miniatures and a few cans of soda. I've been able to switch out some of both to suit our needs.

Afternoon tea in our stateroom was a very pleasant surprise. Very generous amount of food and tea. We were much more whelmed!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Here's a link to the minibar info including the exchange options:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=271055&d=1368407263

Elite Mini-Bar

Question: What will my mini-bar consist of?

Answer: Elite members will get a one-time complimentary mini-bar set-up (1 per Elite stateroom) which consists of two (2) miniature bottles each of Cognac, Gin, Vodka and Scotch Whisky, two (2) 12 ounce cans of beer, two (2) 12 ounce cans/bottles of tonic water, two (2) 12 ounce cans of Coca Cola, two (2) 12 ounce cans of Sprite, two (2) 0.5 liter bottles of water, two (2) 11 ounce bottles of Perrier. The contents of the mini-bar are subject to change.

Question: What if I have a specific request for how I’d like my mini-bar stocked?

Answer: Your mini-bar will consist of a selection of liquors, soft drinks, beer, still and sparkling water. Once on board, you may contact Room Service to change your mini-bar selection. Certain restrictions apply.

Question: Can I exchange the items in my Elite mini-bar for wine?

Answer: You may exchange all of your mini-bar items for one bottle of wine. You can choose one of the following:

Chardonnay Kendall-Jackson

Sauvignon Blanc Nobilo

Cabernet Sauvignon Kendall-Jackson

Pinot Noir Robert Mondavi.

Unwooded Chardonnay, Kendall Jackson (Dawn Princess, Sea Princess, Sun Princess - when based in Australia)

Wyndhams, Bin 444 Cabernet Sauvignon (Dawn Princess, Sea Princess, Sun Princess - when based in Australia)

Brown Brothers, Shiraz (Dawn Princess, Sea Princess, Sun Princess - when based in Australia)

Question: Can I exchange the items in my Elite mini-bar for full bottles of liquor?

Answer: No. Miniature bottles of liquor (50 ml) may be exchanged on a one-for-one basis with other miniature bottles.

Question: Can I exchange the non-alcoholic items in my Elite mini-bar for alcohol?

Answer: No. Non-alcoholic beverages may be exchanged on a one-for-one basis with other non- alcoholic varieties.

Question: What if I don't want any alcohol in my Elite mini-bar?

Answer: If you do not wish to have any alcohol in your mini-bar we will be happy to exchange your mini- bar for one of the following:

Alcoholic beverages may be exchanged for non-alcoholic beverages on a one-for-one basis Full mini-bar may be exchanged for two (2) Coffee Cards

All water mini-bar setup will consist of eight (8) 1.5 liter bottles of water

https://book.princess.com/captaincircle/contactUs.page#elite_mini-Bar

Edited by Astro Flyer

I will becoming and will be the first time Elite, I was wondering what they give you in bar set up? Plus We will be on a 5 day cruise and going on a 7 day cruise btb can i give the room steward are clothes first day of the cruise thank you Ron

If you're not aware of it, you can exchange a complete minibar setup for 2 coffee cards. We kept the minibar on our 1st cruise & called room service prior to the end of that cruise to have them only deliver 2 coffee cards for the 2nd cruise instead of giving us another minibar setup only to exchange it.

There shouldn't be a problem with sending out your laundry on the 1st day of your 5 day cruise & if there is a snafu and it's not returned to you before the 2nd cruise I'd suggest contacting your cabin steward for assistance.

Edited by Astro Flyer

We took 3- and 4-day cruises back to back a couple of weeks ago on the CB. We got the mini bar setup on both. I called to exchange our sodas for ginger ale. I think you can get any canned sodas that are on the room service menu.

We took 3- and 4-day cruises back to back a couple of weeks ago on the CB. We got the mini bar setup on both. I called to exchange our sodas for ginger ale. I think you can get any canned sodas that are on the room service menu.

Yes you can. I usually trade ours along with the waters for tonic water and the two beers for two more mini bottles of Beefeater.

Mike:)

We've done that with soda but unfortunately not for beer...it's only been Dos Equis or Becks. Once they game me Heineken but I think that might have been because the room service person wasn't aware of limiting it to those 2 brands of beer.

Edited by Astro Flyer

We've done that with soda but unfortunately not for beer...it's only been Dos Equis or Becks. Once they game me Heineken but I think that might have been because the room service person wasn't aware of limiting it to those 2 brands of beer.

Isn't that strange? We have traded our Dos Equis for Beefeater minis looks like they would let you trade them for Budweiser, et al.

Isn't that strange? We have traded our Dos Equis for Beefeater minis looks like they would let you trade them for Budweiser, et al.

Good to know, I wasn't aware that you could trade beer for booze & only thought it was only booze for beer.

It may be possible to trade booze for Budweiser but I prefer imported beer & except for that one time have been told Dos Equis or Becks are the only imported beer options...sorry for creating the confusion. :o

Edited by Astro Flyer

When you trade minibar for coffee card, does the card have a date on it like a purchased card?
It doesn't matter. The "unlimited" coffee, like anything unlimited at sea or on land, is good for the length of your cruise. It's not unlimited forever and ever. The punches can be used on any future cruise.

:) Pam

When you trade minibar for coffee card, does the card have a date on it like a purchased card?

You probably meant, does it have the ship and sailing filled in already when you get it. We traded a mini bar for coffee cards on the second half of a recent B2B and I specifically requested that the cards be left blank which the room service girl replied " no problem" to. We each already had coffee cards which were almost used up and wanted to finish them off before activating our new cards. We still didn't quite finish them off but with a very long cruise (49 days) starting January 31, i suspect our old and new cards will see some use!

Terry

You probably meant, does it have the ship and sailing filled in already when you get it. We traded a mini bar for coffee cards on the second half of a recent B2B and I specifically requested that the cards be left blank which the room service girl replied " no problem" to. We each already had coffee cards which were almost used up and wanted to finish them off before activating our new cards. We still didn't quite finish them off but with a very long cruise (49 days) starting January 31, i suspect our old and new cards will see some use!

Terry

On all the cards we've been getting for the setup turn-in they just leave them in the room when we're not there & never once did they fill in the name & date.

Also- On the new ships the dripped coffee in the buffet was the same as the IC coffee anyway. I doubt if there's any longer a reason to fill out the cards to begin with.

Question: Can I exchange the non-alcoholic items in my Elite mini-bar for alcohol?

Answer: No. Non-alcoholic beverages may be exchanged on a one-for-one basis with other non- alcoholic varieties.

https://book.princess.com/captaincircle/contactUs.page#elite_mini-Bar

Every alcohol item so 10 Coors Light, not everything including Non Alcohol items for 20 Coors Light......unless someone messed up!

Terry

Based on the Princess FAQs about the elite minibar they got lucky & someone messed up.

Edited by Astro Flyer