Not cool, rci!

akb5k

I am sailing on the Oasis in a few weeks. I booked all my entertainment months ago. All of a sudden today all of the shows I had booked have been moved to late night showtimes- 9 or 10 PM. I have a 3 year old, which means we won't be able to go to any of the shows now. And I did not receive any notification- just happened to see it when I logged onto the website. NOT happy.

I am sure by now you have called them to find out why. Some Showtimes were changed in dec. Also. Sometimes they add show times during the day on sea days

Yes, I guess the earlier shows are not very popular so they canceled a lot of those and added later ones. Boo.

You can use kid's club for 3 year old. Mine wanted nothing to do with shows last week. She did watch part of last show on Disney last year. But otherwise, she said no!

I didn't know we had to book show times, though. Is that all RCI ships?

Just the Oasis and Allure. Although you can still book on the ship, or wait in a standby line.

You can use kid's club for 3 year old. Mine wanted nothing to do with shows last week. She did watch part of last show on Disney last year. But otherwise, she said no!

I didn't know we had to book show times, though. Is that all RCI ships?

Just the Oasis and Allure. Although you can still book on the ship, or wait in a standby line.

And Quantum & Anthem. :)

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

Yes, I guess the earlier shows are not very popular so they canceled a lot of those and added later ones. Boo.

Hear what you are saying ... they canceled the earlier shows you had booked. Really, does seem RCCL should have notified you to at least let you know. :(

LuLu

• 3 weeks later...
On our Nov. 15 Oasis Cruise just about all our reservations were cancelled or had a time change. I called C&A and they put me back to all the times I wanted. Took less then 20 minutes on the phone with them.

But how do you do that if the showtime no longer exists? Our family had a 7:00 show booked. They switched the time to 10:45. The only other evening it's offered is another night at 10:45. Plus, there are two afternoon shows and we don't want to waste our tropical daylight hours in a theatre.

But how do you do that if the showtime no longer exists? Our family had a 7:00 show booked. They switched the time to 10:45. The only other evening it's offered is another night at 10:45. Plus, there are two afternoon shows and we don't want to waste our tropical daylight hours in a theatre.

What show are you referring to? Perhaps it is a show geared more towards adults and therefore the later time was more appropriate. Also, many people are eating around 7:00 so perhaps it was a question of numbers in attendance.

Most of the shows are not that long - around an hour to an hour-and-a-half - might make a nice cooling break in the afternoon.

Sorry this happened to you - hopefully you can work it out.

I got an email from RC saying they canceled all my dining reservations!!

My TA was able to get two of them back on the original date/time. The third on the same date, but at a later time. And here's the best part... when I originally booked Chops, it was $35. Now it's $39 pp and they wouldn't give me the original booking price! Even though they canceled it by mistake! It's only $8, but still....

Not cool is right. :mad:

which booking are you on? we are on Oasis 3/7, now i need to check our reservations. We saild Allure in 2011, and all of our reservations changed prior to getting on the ship, and it was because a company (Pentair) had booked most of the ship as their customer appriciation vacation, and many shows were designated for the Pentair only. At times, various parts of the ship were closed to the general public also, it was very frustrating, but didnt take away from our experience. Maybe this is whats happening for your trip??

What show are you referring to? Perhaps it is a show geared more towards adults and therefore the later time was more appropriate. Also, many people are eating around 7:00 so perhaps it was a question of numbers in attendance.

Most of the shows are not that long - around an hour to an hour-and-a-half - might make a nice cooling break in the afternoon.

Sorry this happened to you - hopefully you can work it out.

Thanks, it's the skating show. I was looking forward to taking the kids. Admittedly, it was too early for early traditional. It was the earliest show we had booked all week and we were probably going to end up at the buffet that night. But all they would have had to do is bump it by an hour and it would have served the early dining people while the late dining people still have a 10:45 show later in the week. It's the putting both evening shows at 10:45 that I have a problem with. What else are they doing with the ice rink that night that they can't put on the show at 8:00 or 8:30?

Sounds like another reason we aren't interested in Oasis or Allure. Huge, reservations, limited ports, carnival atmosphere. etc etc. I know there are lots of people who love them (some of our best friends). But we just have no interest in those two huge ships for many reasons.......

Thanks, it's the skating show. I was looking forward to taking the kids. Admittedly, it was too early for early traditional. It was the earliest show we had booked all week and we were probably going to end up at the buffet that night. But all they would have had to do is bump it by an hour and it would have served the early dining people while the late dining people still have a 10:45 show later in the week. It's the putting both evening shows at 10:45 that I have a problem with. What else are they doing with the ice rink that night that they can't put on the show at 8:00 or 8:30?

I can't think of a better reason to avoid a vacation...... worrying about all this????? Thank you but we have no interest in Oasis or Allure and this is one of the reasons............. We just cruise to RELAX.

Edited by bouhunter

Againl, so sorry this happened to you. I would carefully check the cruise compass daily to make sure that is what they actually adhere to!

If the show was at 8 or 8:30 the second seating traditional dining couldn't see it ...... not saying I agree ...... it would make more sense to have one early/one late. On the Allure there is a kid's ice show, but again it is in the afternoon; Oasis did not have a kid's performance (as of last summer).

The ice show is about one hour, so maybe take time to see it during the day - it really is very good.

Againl, so sorry this happened to you. I would carefully check the cruise compass daily to make sure that is what they actually adhere to!

If the show was at 8 or 8:30 the second seating traditional dining couldn't see it ...... not saying I agree ...... it would make more sense to have one early/one late. On the Allure there is a kid's ice show, but again it is in the afternoon; Oasis did not have a kid's performance (as of last summer).

The ice show is about one hour, so maybe take time to see it during the day - it really is very good.

The only thing I can think of is not so much the ice time, but the performers - some of them do have other "jobs" on the ship. Again, not agreeing with this, but off the top of my head that's one thing I could think of.

OP here...that's exactly what happened to me. Except oursailing has no afternoon shows at all...I had booked those and they canceled them. I was able to find a spot for the ice show the first night.Not ideal, but at least we'll get to see it. Maybe try showing up for that one. It's frustrating, they don't seem to have timed things for people with kids at all. Plus this sailing was really pricey...hoping there's not some giant group on board that accounts for all the changes!