Payment / Refund for Oceania Excursions

BillK400

I just "reserved" (actually paid for and had it hit my credit card) an Oceania excursion. This is our second cruise on Oceania and first time (hopefully only time) we will book an excursion through Oceania. Its not actually very over priced which for Oceania is unusual; only 15% more than a private tour, but due to time constraints (7 hr tour and only 9 hrs in port) it was felt it was wise to use Oceania so not left waiving at the ship as it left port if we get back late using a private tour.

The cruise is in April and on other cruise lines where we have used the ships excursions (try to do private excursions whenever possible) the cost of the excursion was not applied until our final bill on the ship. Paying for an excursion (not just reserving) prior to the cruise is disconcerting. How far in advance of the excursion date can we cancel and get a refund (we didn't purchase any of the excursion"packages")?

Thanks

I just "reserved" (actually paid for and had it hit my credit card) an Oceania excursion. This is our second cruise on Oceania and first time (hopefully only time) we will book an excursion through Oceania. Its not actually very over priced which for Oceania is unusual; only 15% more than a private tour, but due to time constraints (7 hr tour and only 9 hrs in port) it was felt it was wise to use Oceania so not left waiving at the ship as it left port if we get back late using a private tour.

The cruise is in April and on other cruise lines where we have used the ships excursions (try to do private excursions whenever possible) the cost of the excursion was not applied until our final bill on the ship. Paying for an excursion (not just reserving) prior to the cruise is disconcerting. How far in advance of the excursion date can we cancel and get a refund (we didn't purchase any of the excursion"packages")?

Thanks

There is no time limit, you'll get a refund -direct to that same credit card- whenever you cancel the Shore Excursion.

Paying in advance for Excursions is a product both of the smaller size of Oceania's ships and the fact that they continuously roam the World.

Tour Guides, being business people, prefer to deal with larger groups which pass through their home cities on a more regular basis, smaller Lines which call less frequently often have to pay higher fees and in advance.

I can say, without fear of successful contradiction, however, that you'll enjoy the Excursion more if you're not sharing it with 3000 of your nearest and dearest :D

b_144658.jpg

Some lines charge your credit card up front and some add it to your on board account. Oceania charges your credit card for pre-booked things. Yes, if you cancel you will get a refund to your card. I do not know the time frame but if you call Oceania they will tell you. Comments regarding you ability to pay or always referring to the type of cabin you are in and dropping comments as to how much you love your butler is what turns me off to prieum/luxury trips. I feel they are all very low class, sorry they were made to you.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Forums mobile app

I can say' date=' without fear of successful contradiction, however, that you'll enjoy the Excursion more if you're not sharing it with 3000 of your nearest and dearest :D[/font'][/size]

b_144658.jpg

Too funny. Where do you find these pictures:eek: and where do you store all this stuff for immediate retrieval, when appropriate:D

Thanks everyone. With a name like Mr. Luxury I'd expect no less of a jerk. Sure is sad when one tries to make themselves feel better by attempting (and a poor attempt at that!) to ridicule or put down others.

I sure hope we don't have a mob like in the photo, but there are only 650 or so on the Regatta so I don't think so. Dont have much of a choice as indicated.

I believe you can cancel within 36hrs of the tour (should be on your invoice)

However it may be just given as a credit to your onboard account if you are on the ship

If you cancel before departure it will go on your CC

http://www.oceaniacruises.com/corporate/legal/default.aspx

If it is an excursion that is unusual or very popular EG flight to Mayan ruins then do book ahead if not just wait till you are onboard

Weigh the options then decide

Some excursions get cancelled due to lack of participation

Edited by LHT28

I believe you can cancel within 36hrs of the tour (should be on your invoice)

However it may be just given as a credit to your onboard account if you are on the ship

If you cancel before departure it will go on your CC

http://www.oceaniacruises.com/corporate/legal/default.aspx

If it is an excursion that is unusual or very popular EG flight to Mayan ruins then do book ahead if not just wait till you are onboard

Weigh the options then decide

Some excursions get cancelled due to lack of participation

Thanks for the advice. I have already booked and was just wondering about the refund policy. Dont expect to cancel but nice to know the policy if I need to.

Bill

Lyn is correct both in the timing and the fact that if you cancel once on board, it will credit your on-board account rather than your credit card. The best part is that if you don't otherwise spend it on board, such a credit will be returned to you at the conclusion of the cruise, in cash.

Just fyi larger cruise lines also charge your credit card immediately eg. Celebrity. When we began to "upgrade" our cruising to Oceania we were used to this practice.

As does Royal Caribbean. They charge beforehand. I rather like it because it makes most expenses pre-paid before the cruise. I always pre-pay my gratuities and any 'package' I might purchase as well. Everything is eligible for cancellation if need be too.

:D