american table on every carnival by end of feb??

ginka

Let's hope the serving of 'rabbit' is a mistake.....

Nope

From the Rare finds part of the 2nd day menu of the most recent Imagination 3-4 day American Table Nov 2014 - while only 4 days these are currently the most up to date or tweaked menu's currently posted I have seen.

Braised Rabbit

Garlic, red wine

http://www.zydecocruiser.org/CarnivalImagNov/menus/index.html

We had the American table menu on Liberty in September and I thought it was great. I liked that the ribs, one of my DH's favorites, was moved from Elegant night to another night. I thought the Beef Wellington was great and the Veal Parm was excellent.

Many of the old favorites are on the menu and I enjoyed having mashed potatoes and broccoli almost every night. The crab cake appetizer was good too. I'd prefer this menu to the old one anytime.

I think many had complained about the sharing etc so none of the apps were for the table. To me, this menu had the best of both worlds.

Does anyone know if they still have the cold fruit soups? I love those and would hate to see those go away.

I don't eat the cold soups and don't even glance at them on the menu, but one night they had cream of asparagus. I ordered that but he brought me the Bing Cherry cold soup by mistake. As he was going back to the galley to get me the asparagus soup I tasted the cherry soup and fell in love! :) This was on the lst week of our B2B so you can be sure that I ordered it the 2nd week! ;) So that's one cold soup I do know is there! :p

I just looked at those menus and all I can say is boring! Maybe different to those who cruise a lot and like the change but what makes it nice when we cruise is that you have different things that you don't get on land this looks same ole same ole at least to me. maybe i'm just weird. we'll see. Maybe they're doing this to make you eat at the extra cost places?? who knows??

I believe that the most current American Table menus have the options to order a few of the Steakhouse options at an upcharge. I am not sure that the menu's on Zydeco's site are as up-to-date for the American Table.

I would not get all worked up until we hear for sure that it is all going to be rolled out that quickly. But from the ones I have seen, there have been a lot of tweaks to add back specific items that people missed.

I just posted the question on John's Facebook page. I will let y'all know if I hear anything.

I don't eat ribs, but DH ordered them both weeks and loved them. I love anything "chicken cutlet with sauce" like chicken francese, etc. I ordered the chicken marengo. It was "fine" but I make it a LOT better. It was very bland. The rabbit...our friend and DH ordered it. I didn't know this before hand and they gave me a taste. When they told me what it was, well, you did not want to see my expression. What is the point? Ox tongue...I don't even want to LOOK at those words on a menu! :o I did not go hungry and always found something, but if I had a choice of regular or American menu, I'd pick the regular. Also, my beef wellington was awful...as was the iron steak I ordered one night. And my favorite, chateaubriand was not on the menu. :( Did not like the filet mignon, but the pieces of beef underneath were very good. I am not a seafood eater, but ordered the tilapia one night and that was good also. DH loved the lasagna, but it is not like an "American lasagna." There is no sauce. A warning about the menus: the lst few nights we checked the tv for the dinner menus and they were WRONG every day. I found if you go to the dining room about lunch time every day they have the correct menus posted there. Oh, there is a new dessert: popcorn something. It is very good. Very sweet. Kind of like a non crystalized creme brulee! :cool:

I just checked the menus at Zydecor's website. The menus are almost exactly the same as we had on Liberty with the exception of the ports of call which for us was Caribbean. Also, I don't see the Bing Cherry soup I had mentioned in a previous post. Saw cold peach offered twice. :confused: We were on an 8 day cruise so the longer cruises will have additional selections.

I believe that the most current American Table menus have the options to order a few of the Steakhouse options at an upcharge. I am not sure that the menu's on Zydeco's site are as up-to-date for the American Table.

Yep you sure can. The options, IIRC, are filet mignon, lobster tail (larger than the standard one you get on formal night in the MDR), and porkchop.

We sailed Liberty 1/16-1/24-2015, and enjoyed the new menu. Hubby had the flat iron steak several evenings, the ribs and the lasagna also. He's a picky eater and he had positive comments on each meal. I thought my beef wellington was delicious, meat was rare the way I like it, and was very tender. I loved the popcorn flavored dessert! The pies were horrible, their pastry chef needs to go back to school and learn how to make a good crust. My cousin had the apple pie the first evening and disliked it, I had peach pie and there were all of 3 itty bitty pieces of peach inside, most of it was a gelatin type filling. Tablecloths were still on tables. The only thing that really surprised me was I noticed when the wait staff was clearing the table next to us and setting up for the next guests, they replaced the un-used wine and water glasses back on the table, which to me seemed very unsanitary. They used to come and take away the glasses that you weren't using, now they sit there the entire meal. We met a gentleman at sea day brunch who commented on the same thing happening at the late dining time also.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the change is indeed true...I'm really excited about the new menus and would LOVE to have them on our upcoming cruise. I think the menu style looks so so so much better and I like the port specific options. I'm really looking forward to American Table.

Very surprised how long this is taking. Dont think they did this piecemeal in the past.

Same here! I've had the American Table menu 5 times now through several tweaks and this is by far the longest implementation of a cruise menu. By the time the fleet gets this menu it will be time for a new menu!