Price drops today

Cruise Junky

So far this morning I've had three alert emails about price drops on 2015 cruises I was looking at. If you have a 2015 cruise booked you might want to check your prices.

Just checked again - nothing for our Bermuda cruise :(

YUP...it's that "final-payment-date-is-past" time when prices are SLASHED.

13 and 14 night transatlantic cruises on Connie and Silly are down to $549pp. :eek:

16 night transatlantic on Reflection down to $769pp. :cool:

All with $75 OBC from online site, PLUS $250 OBC from shareholder credit. ;)

Edited by teecee60

If booked directly with Celebrity, just call them...If booked through a TA, call your TA...

I just checked mine...

For my June Alaska cruise on Millennium, my price, basically, has gone UP in price by $100 pp (My rate has a "Residency" rate--a discount on my category of $200 pp which has now gone down to only $100 pp)...

My Galapagos cruise in July is up considerably as very few cabins are left (It actually had been sold out, someone must have canceled)...

And my Iberia cruise for July 2016 is basically the same, but my category is sold out, so it would be at least $50 pp higher for the next category up...

Edited by Bruin Steve

YUP...it's that "final-payment-date-is-past" time when prices are SLASHED.

13 and 14 night transatlantic cruises on Connie and Silly are down to $549pp. :eek:

16 night transatlantic on Reflection down to $769pp. :cool:

All with $75 OBC from online site, PLUS $250 OBC from shareholder credit. ;)

The alerts I got are for Oct and November. Nice prices on the Transatlantics!!

I am on the one after yours and no drops for me either :(

Hey Sandy, come on over and join our roll-call (link below)! :cool:

Thanks to the persistence of DinaS (on the May 17th r/c), X fixed our Connections Party link, a few weeks ago. Now that we can register for that, our r/c is finally taking off. We could really use a good "price-drop-spotter"! ;)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2056672&page=10

Hey Sandy, come on over and join our roll-call (link below)! :cool:

Thanks to the persistence of DinaS (on the May 17th r/c), X fixed our Connections Party link, a few weeks ago. Now that we can register for that, our r/c is finally taking off. We could really use a good "price-drop-spotter"! ;)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2056672&page=10

I just stopped by but can't register for the connections party.

By the way, we have the same sentence in our countdown ticker! Only difference is that mine has 3 more exclamation points! lol

So far this morning I've had three alert emails about price drops on 2015 cruises I was looking at. If you have a 2015 cruise booked you might want to check your prices.

What do you have to do to get alerts of price reductions. Is there a website?

Our cruise on the Reflection in May went down $300 for Aqua Class. The only thing is you have to take a guarantee. You do get all of the 123 Go perks though.

We have never done a guarantee before but can't imagine any aqua class cabins being bad. We currently have 1541.

The alerts I got are for Oct and November. Nice prices on the Transatlantics!!

Alas, those prices that you mentioned, at least on the Celebrity site, seem to be already gone.:( But thanks for the heads up. There is a limit to the number of cruises I can monitor.

Alas, those prices that you mentioned, at least on the Celebrity site, seem to be already gone.:( But thanks for the heads up. There is a limit to the number of cruises I can monitor.

I'm seeing Connie's TA in April for $599 on Celebrity's site

Edited by Cruise Junky

What do you have to do to get alerts of price reductions. Is there a website?

Cruise Critic actually has a website. The link is below. I have it set up to monitor a couple regions/cruise lines and I get an e-mail every Friday.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/price-drop/

You choose what you want it to search for and it will e-mail you any price drops within the search criteria.

Lets say if you book with 123 Go promo and then apply for a pricedrop at a time that does not have that promo going on, do you lose it?

Yes. You lose it.

Pricing on cruises goes up and down over time...and they take those promotions into consideration when they revise the price...

You cannot "mix and match" prices and promotions...

I'm seeing Connie's TA in April for $599 on Celebrity's site

You are, of course, right. However I was only looking at October TAs, as that is what you referenced in one of your posts, & that's what I'm interested in. Oh well, i must press on!:D But I did notice a very reasonable 11 night Med. cruise on Connie in October!

Our cruise on the Reflection in May went down $300 for Aqua Class. The only thing is you have to take a guarantee. You do get all of the 123 Go perks though.

We have never done a guarantee before but can't imagine any aqua class cabins being bad. We currently have 1541.

If you don't mind being under the tread mills and swimming pool go for it. If you are noise sensitive you may not be a happy cruiser, I speak from experience. It's a crap shoot.

Thanks for the notice on price drops. We have a B2B booked for next January on Reflection but also considering a TA next year.

I saw the great prices on Sil and Connie for this spring's TA but wonder about airfare so close to the sail date.

Something to think about.

No price drops for me....drat. My cabin category is sold out for my October cruise. :(

Price drops usually come right before and certainly right after final payment so you have plenty of time. :) TA large price drops always come after final payment, in my experience. Way too early for October price drops.

I have booked many last minute airfares and they had not changed. In fact, I often get great deals on air about 6 weeks from sail date, but do not recommend this approach unless you have a strong stomach. I am a procrastinator so don't mind waiting.