MY New Itineraries for Celebrity, whats yours???

capitalbarry

6) LA to Hawaii to LA...14 or 15 nights

7) LA round trip Mexican Riviera...7 nights.

Years ago X did the 14 night LA Hawaii return. We were on the Summit for that itinerary after two failed (cancelled) attempts at LA Hawaii one way itineraries on Infinity during the pod propulsion nightmares. It was an awesome cruise and we would do it again in a heartbeat! And our one and only Royal Caribbean cruise was on the Vision for a 7 night Mexican Riviera cruise to Cabo, Puerto Vallarta and Mazatlan. I kept remembering all the episodes of The Love Boat I watched every Saturday night as a girl...loved it! It would be great to recreate that experience on X!

Have you done the time and mileage calculations?

Miami to Aruba and back in 7 days?

Half Moon Cay? They would have to buy NCL. Whats wrong with CoCo?

Grand Turk is pretty much owned by Carnival and a stop for lines they own.

Hi Wallie,

You are right about 7 nights from South Florida to Aruba. I think it's remotely possible - maybe. I seem to recall another brand's ship doing it not too long ago. Even if you could do it, it would probably be the only port on the itinerary. I think you would absolutely need a minimum of 9-10 nights to make a decent itinerary including Aruba from Florida.

As for the private ports ? Excellent observations. However, there is an increasing amount of other lines visiting other brand's private islands - which would have NEVER happened years ago... so I suppose anything is possible.

As for the person who suggested a 7 night itinerary with 1 or 2 ports, and mostly sea days ? I've wondered about that myself.... but I can't see cruise lines getting excited about that, as they would lose a ton of shore excursion revenue - which is critical to their bottom line.

Edited by Host Andy

Hi Everyone,

Here's my dream Celebrity itinerary : An 11 night Partial Panama Canal sailing, which would sail through the Gatun Locks, then turn around for a Northbound visit. This would sail from either Ft Lauderdale or Miami. For now, only an M-Class ship could sail this type of itinerary - but that's perfectly fine with me.

Here's an idea of what I believe would be an incredible voyage :

Day 1 : Ft. Lauderdale or Miami

Day 2 : At Sea

Day 3 : At Sea

Day 4 : Bonaire

Day 5 : Curacao

Day 6 : Aruba

Day 7 : At Sea

Day 8 : Panama Canal (Gatun Locks)

Day 9 : At Sea

Day 10 : Grand Cayman

Day 11 : At Sea

Day 12 : Ft. Lauderdale or Miami

Of course, a couple of addtional ports could be added, to make it a 12-14 night sailing. Your thoughts are always appreciated !

Edited by Host Andy

Hi Wallie,

You are right about 7 nights from South Florida to Aruba. I think it's remotely possible - maybe. I seem to recall another brand's ship doing it not too long ago. Even if you could do it, it would probably be the only port on the itinerary. I think you would absolutely need a minimum of 9-10 nights to make a decent itinerary including Aruba from Florida.

As for the private ports ? Excellent observations. However, there is an increasing amount of other lines visiting other brand's private islands - which would have NEVER happened years ago... so I suppose anything is possible.

As for the person who suggested a 7 night itinerary with 1 or 2 ports, and mostly sea days ? I've wondered about that myself.... but I can't see cruise lines getting excited about that, as they would lose a ton of shore excursion revenue - which is critical to their bottom line.

Princess did Aruba on a 7 day run a couple of years ago. Also Princess rents out Princess Cay to Oceania so it's not unheard of

I'm okay with all of it except Grand Cayman - been every other place but really been there and done that. Might stop someplace else on the way back from Panama.

Yup - been there many times myself, and I'm sure there's other suitable options - just throwing the general idea out there. The Panama Canal and the ABC islands are what will be the most appealing, in my above idea.

Princess did Aruba on a 7 day run a couple of years ago. Also Princess rents out Princess Cay to Oceania so it's not unheard of

Thanks Cruise Junky ! I was pretty sure someone offered it - just couldn't remember which line it was. That's what happens when I should be asleep by now :)

Edited by Host Andy

Look at your Med. Cruises and add in some different ports for the peak school holidays weeks. There wasn't one cruise available for us with a single port we hadn't been to and we have only done 8 celebrity cruises in the past 6 years so we are by no means frequent cruisers.

To be fair Celebrity have introduced some new ports but only for May and September. It would be nice if they would look at past schedules and mix them.

We are trying Azamara this summer.

Look at your Med. Cruises and add in some different ports for the peak school holidays weeks. There wasn't one cruise available for us with a single port we hadn't been to and we have only done 8 celebrity cruises in the past 6 years so we are by no means frequent cruisers.

To be fair Celebrity have introduced some new ports but only for May and September. It would be nice if they would look at past schedules and mix them.

We are trying Azamara this summer.

I'd like to second this -- we came to Celebrity from Royal Caribbean for this very reason. Would also like to see Iceland/arctic !

Received an ad from Crystal recently promoting a new northwest passage itinerary. It goes north from Alaska through the Artic Sea to NY with stops in Greenland and Canada. If S or M class ships could make this trip X could couple it with a southbound NY - Alaska run for a full circumnavigation of north America.

Would also love to see Summit do longer / more interesting itineraries than just 7 day Bermuda runs.

Perfect!!! We just got a GTY CC for 2017 for the Equinox which is doing two nights in New Orleans for the Mardi Gras!!! We love port overnights to explore the "nightlife"!

I would love to see more itineraries with a call to New Orleans. Not too many offers for that stop at all and would be a great addition. And I am guessing that many feel the same as everything is sold out from CC and up. However, I'm not sure I could justify the price... over 5K for 2...for Veranda ..WOW! :eek:

CELEBRITY please take a look at some of our interests in in Itineraries. Were would you like to visit. Please add your comments so CELEBRITY can see them:

Mine are:

Miami, FL

Key West, FL

At Sea

Samana, Dominican Republic

Tortola, British Virgin Islands

Antigua

Guadeloupe

At Sea

At Sea

Freeport (Port Lucaya), Bahamas

Miami, FL

OR

Miami, FL

At Sea

Labadee, Haiti

At Sea

Aruba

Curacao

Bonaire

At Sea

At Sea

Miami, FL

OR

Miami, FL

Half Moon Cay, Bahamas

At Sea

Tortola, British Virgin Islands

Guadeloupe

Grand Turk, Turks & Caicos Islands

At Sea

Miami, FL

WHAT you think CELEBRITY???

If you are prepared to be a little flexible in the meantime, have a look at the sailings through the Dutch Antilles in October 2016. The itinerary is fairly close to your second offering and involves an overnight in Aruba.

Randy

A Solstice ship (any one of them would do) out of New York / Bayonne doing 9 - 10 day sailings - to Caribbean. Also replace Summit with a Solstice ship on its Bermuda and Canada/New England sailings.

I understand that a Solstice ship sailed out of Bayonne one winter and did not do well. Uncertain why but please give it another chance.

Hi Everyone,

Here's my dream Celebrity itinerary : An 11 night Partial Panama Canal sailing, which would sail through the Gatun Locks, then turn around for a Northbound visit. This would sail from either Ft Lauderdale or Miami. For now, only an M-Class ship could sail this type of itinerary - but that's perfectly fine with me.

Here's an idea of what I believe would be an incredible voyage :

Day 1 : Ft. Lauderdale or Miami

Day 2 : At Sea

Day 3 : At Sea

Day 4 : Bonaire

Day 5 : Curacao

Day 6 : Aruba

Day 7 : At Sea

Day 8 : Panama Canal (Gatun Locks)

Day 9 : At Sea

Day 10 : Grand Cayman

Day 11 : At Sea

Day 12 : Ft. Lauderdale or Miami

Of course, a couple of addtional ports could be added, to make it a 12-14 night sailing. Your thoughts are always appreciated !

I'd love this one, with an extra day at Panama to do the railroad the other day. Plus a stop in Costa Rica for some chocolate and coffee to bring home. Make it 14 nights of fun.

How about a cruise just to Coco Cay? Spend a day getting there, a couple of days there for lazy beach time, and a day getting back. Think that would be attractive to all the frozen northerners in the dead of winter who have already been to all the islands in the Caribbean and just want sun and beach time. Celebrity could ramp up its shore excursions there for revenue. I took a glass bottom boat tour the last time we were there. It was excellent.

I would like to see Celebrity test a full world cruise of 90-120 days that they could sell as a full world cruise or sell chunks by region to keep the cabins full. It would start with a T/A into the Med then thru Suez to Dubai and on to India before moving on to stops all over Asia including Vietnam, Thailand, China, South Korea and Japan then down to Australia and New Zealand before moving to South Pacific, Hawaii and then thru the Panama canal with a few stops in the Caribbean and back to Florida. I would like to see multiple overnight stays at the best cities.

I'm an avid Celebrity cruiser and would prefer not to go on Cunard, Holland's Amsterdam, Princess's small ships, Costa or any of the 6 stars ships from Oceania or others that do world cruises.

A Solstice ship (any one of them would do) out of New York / Bayonne doing 9 - 10 day sailings - to Caribbean. Also replace Summit with a Solstice ship on its Bermuda and Canada/New England sailings.

I understand that a Solstice ship sailed out of Bayonne one winter and did not do well. Uncertain why but please give it another chance.

Agree with the s class ship doing Bermuda, really need to compete with the Breakawy. As to your other suggestion that was tried and was a failure.

Also, when these suggestions on this thread are made keep in mind Celebrity only has in effect 9 ships to do these itineraries, most other lines have double that.

Edited by dkjretired

I would like to see Celebrity test a full world cruise of 90-120 days that they could sell as a full world cruise or sell chunks by region to keep the cabins full. It would start with a T/A into the Med then thru Suez to Dubai and on to India before moving on to stops all over Asia including Vietnam, Thailand, China, South Korea and Japan then down to Australia and New Zealand before moving to South Pacific, Hawaii and then thru the Panama canal with a few stops in the Caribbean and back to Florida. I would like to see multiple overnight stays at the best cities.

I'm an avid Celebrity cruiser and would prefer not to go on Cunard, Holland's Amsterdam, Princess's small ships, Costa or any of the 6 stars ships from Oceania or others that do world cruises.

I agree. Do a world cruise. We are looking into Holland America and Princess for these cruises. We've been on Celebrity 29 times now and the cruises are same old same old.

I agree. Do a world cruise. We are looking into Holland America and Princess for these cruises. We've been on Celebrity 29 times now and the cruises are same old same old.

Ditto. Would sign up in a heartbeat.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Ditto. Would sign up in a heartbeat.

So would I if I won the lottery.:)