CAPE LIBERTY 411 (and NYC too) Version 4!!

megr1125

....might have to look into private. thanks for the information

Golden Touch Transportation - http://www.goldentouchtransportation.com/Fleet

is the vendor used by many airlines here in the metro NY area for their flight crew's shuttle needs, they also do bus charter & wedding specials, etc. with a base near EWR airport ... their coach bus have seating for 36 people and also MB Sprinter vans seating up to 17 pax. Don't have any experience dealing with them - might be worth an email or call to get a rough estimate of costs and options with them. For a flat rate, local charter for 6 to 8 hours, I'm guessing it will run you close to/around $1,000 round-trip, maybe less but could be more. Those yellow school bus with hard bench seats are generally less with no-frills.

Independent Drivers - often mentioned here & used by many CC's - based in NJ serving Cape Liberty might be able to come up with something competitive, once you nail down more details, dates & hotel location, etc.

Edited by mking8288

Are these lines for suite guests well marked? Last time I cruised (not out of Cape Liberty), I couldn't find anything and asked an employee who looked at me like I was crazy and pointed to the regular line.

Yes. Well enough that I was able to see them without my glasses on, lol.

As another poster mentioned, the priority line for both Security and check-in for Suite Guests will be on the left hand side. There is a sign that says something to the effect of "Reserved for Suite Guests and Pinnacle Members."

We're flying from Canada to Newark for an Anthem cruise in December.

1. Is a 1:30pm returning flight ok or is it a little early considering disembarkation?

2. We arrive around 6:30pm in Newark, cruising the next day. Where would you recommend staying overnight? Near the airport or downtown Newark? Which way would be cheaper? We would appreciate a nicer view but it is not essential. We'd like a nice place for dinner (2 adults+ one 5-year old) and maybe some stores nearby for last minute shopping.

Which hotels would you recommend?

Many, many thanks! (I've been trying to go through the full thread but I am extremely busy and couldn't make a final decision about our choices).

We're flying from Canada to Newark for an Anthem cruise in December.

1. Is a 1:30pm returning flight ok or is it a little early considering disembarkation?

2. We arrive around 6:30pm in Newark, cruising the next day. Where would you recommend staying overnight? Near the airport or downtown Newark? Which way would be cheaper? We would appreciate a nicer view but it is not essential. We'd like a nice place for dinner (2 adults+ one 5-year old) and maybe some stores nearby for last minute shopping.

Which hotels would you recommend?

Many, many thanks! (I've been trying to go through the full thread but I am extremely busy and couldn't make a final decision about our choices).

1. A 1:30 pm departing flight is fine.

2. There are no stores in downtown Newark or immediately adjacent to the airport. I'd recommend you stay at one of the hotels on Glimcher Realty Way in Elizabeth, which include Country Inn and Suites, Courtyard by Marriott, Residence Inn by Marriott and Embassy Suites. They are adjacent to the Jersey Gardens Outlet mall. Also there are a couple of chain restaurants there...IIRC places like IHOP and Ruby Tuesday's. Realistically, with your flight arriving at 6:30 you're not going to have much if any time to shop at the mall, assuming the first thing you're going to do after arriving at the hotel is have dinner.

The Newark area is urban and industrial. You're not going to find nice views anywhere nearby.

Edited by njhorseman

Many thanks for your responses.

It turns out it is Jersey City I had in mind (saw some of the hotel videos posted earlier in this thread), not downtown Newark. Sorry for the confusion.

Given the time we are arriving and the budget I think we'll pick a hotel in Elizabeth as suggested. Not sure where to buy a bottle of wine before cruising (we are not really drinkers but it would be nice to have some). Saw some discussion in this thread, haven't finished reading it yet, hopefully a solution has been found :)

Thanks again.

Many thanks for your responses.

It turns out it is Jersey City I had in mind (saw some of the hotel videos posted earlier in this thread), not downtown Newark. Sorry for the confusion.

Given the time we are arriving and the budget I think we'll pick a hotel in Elizabeth as suggested. Not sure where to buy a bottle of wine before cruising (we are not really drinkers but it would be nice to have some). Saw some discussion in this thread, haven't finished reading it yet, hopefully a solution has been found :)

Thanks again.

There's a liquor store in the closest shopping mall to Cape Liberty, but there's no way for you to get there without having a taxi or car service take you. How are you getting from your hotel to Cape Liberty? If by taxi or car service you'd pay extra for it, but they could make a stop at the liquor store before dropping you at the port.

Any waze users out there? I tried putting in the address for the port and it comes up "route not found". Address I used is: 14 port terminal boulevard, Bayonne, NJ. Is that correct?

Yes, we use Waze all the time. That's the address we always use. Works every time. As a matter of fact it's saved in my Waze under favorites.

Any waze users out there? I tried putting in the address for the port and it comes up "route not found". Address I used is: 14 port terminal boulevard, Bayonne, NJ. Is that correct?
Funny, I added the port to my favorites in Waze this morning. Instead of entering the address, type "Cape Liberty Cruise Port". See if it comes up that way. Mine did. Rob

We'll try this thread.

We have cruised out of Liberty many times but all before the new terminal.

Next cruise is Summit 2016

We used to:

1. Drop off luggage with porters.

2. Drive to parking lot and park.

3. Walk back to terminal and pass through security.

4. Fill out and submit health certificate.

5. Wait in line to check in at counter where we get photographed and issued our keycards.

6. Wait for shuttle to ship and eventually get dinged on board. **

** I realize there is now no need for step 6.

WHAT'S the process now.

Thanks ahead of time.

bosco

We'll try this thread.

We used to:

5. Wait in line to check in at counter where we get photographed and issued our keycards.

6. Wait for shuttle to ship and eventually get dinged on board. **

** I realize there is now no need for step 6.

WHAT'S the process now.

Thanks ahead of time.

bosco

No real difference in the process. I assume when the new garage opens (soon, we believe) you may be parking there rather than a parking lot. I have no idea if after the garage opens whether you will have the option of parking in the garage or the lot, if the prices will be the same or higher in the garage. That all remains to be seen, but other than exactly where you'll be parking it doesn't affect the rest of the process.

We'll try this thread.

We used to:

WHAT'S the process now.

#4 and #5 are now done at the same time at the same counter. Other than that, no difference.

Our most recent cruise out of Bayonne was 9/6 on Summit. Depending on where you park there is a shuttle from the far parking lot back to the terminal. Also they do not take your security picture at the counter but do it when you are called up by number to board the ship. You will receive a boarding # when you enter the terminal building after you go through security.

We have sailed out of Bayonne twice this year with #3 coming up in 5 days

Edited by CruisingChick

By the time you pay the NJ transit fees and the cab fees, you might as well take the shuttle for $28.50. Really don't think this is a bad price.

Denatravels is this an RCCL shuttle? I cruise on 11/22/15 Anthem OTS and the ground transportation option isn't available. I fly in the day before and I was going to have the free hotel shuttle take me back to airport on 11/22 to catch the RCCL shuttle to the port. However, I'm not seeing it offered.

Denatravels is this an RCCL shuttle? I cruise on 11/22/15 Anthem OTS and the ground transportation option isn't available. I fly in the day before and I was going to have the free hotel shuttle take me back to airport on 11/22 to catch the RCCL shuttle to the port. However, I'm not seeing it offered.

Yes.

I had to call. There are two shuttles for anthem. One with flight info and the other just transport. Couldn't do it online.

That's very good to hear. How do you enter and then get to the terminal?

Can you pull your bags directly from your parking spot to the terminal or do you still have to leave them at the curb in front of the terminal before parking in the garage? :confused: