Barcelona flight time?

HACKT

We are on Allure in september 2015 out of Barcelona. Wondering what the earliest departing flight we can comfortably make - 1145am or 2 pm?

Hope someone who did Oasis last summer in europe can advise. We cruised Allure out of FLL and the line to leave ship took 2 hrs due to imm and customs. Hoping the europe cruise may not have that as cruise is entirely in EU. Thanks for any help...

We are on Allure in september 2015 out of Barcelona. Wondering what the earliest departing flight we can comfortably make - 1145am or 2 pm?

Hope someone who did Oasis last summer in europe can advise. We cruised Allure out of FLL and the line to leave ship took 2 hrs due to imm and customs. Hoping the europe cruise may not have that as cruise is entirely in EU. Thanks for any help...

I would be confident that the 11.45am flight would be fine. You will have time to spare.

Thanks for help. Do you know what is best way to get to barcelona airport from cruise - taxi or transfer shuttle?

We are using this service:

http://www.resorthoppa.com/airport-transfers/spain/barcelona-el-prat-airport-bcn

Use the promo code HOP10 for a 10% discount. Our cost was $22 for two people. They will email or text you the pick-up time, and it's based on your flight time. They use a local transportation company, and will give you all the details in the confirmation email.

We are using this service:

http://www.resorthoppa.com/airport-transfers/spain/barcelona-el-prat-airport-bcn

Use the promo code HOP10 for a 10% discount. Our cost was $22 for two people. They will email or text you the pick-up time, and it's based on your flight time. They use a local transportation company, and will give you all the details in the confirmation email.

Thanks for this piece of info.

I can recommend the transfer company PressICat in Barcelona if you want/need private transfer services. My wife and I used them for transfer from the airport to the hotel, from the hotel to the cruise, from the cruise to the hotel, and from the hotel to the cruise during our winter vacation last year. Friendly and professional chauffeur, spotless car every time. Check out the reviews at Tripadvisor.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for this thread (search works)

Just what I was looking for, for our Sept. Western Med on Allure.

Any updated info is always appreciated as we have not booked out flights yet. We would prefer the 10:40 flight instead of a 2:30pm back to the US.

Whenever we have gotten off a cruise in Barcelona our flight home was always before 11:30 am and we always had plenty of time to eat or shop at the duty free at the airport. Taxis are plentiful at the port and lined up waiting for you. Short and inexpensive ride to the airport. No need to book and pay for anything in advance.

I did that but is the departure time from the ship or Airport? It doesn't state.

One helpful thread I found.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2164345

The flight times shown are those times that RCI recommends you book your arrival flight to meet the ship or your return flight home. All times take into consideration transportation to and from the port using their shuttle. If you are using a private transportation company or taxi, they you must figure out the time from port to airport. Finding your departure Port on the Ports of Call Forum will give you information provided by others.

Edited by cruisenfever

Just a thought we did a cruise in Sept. we waited till the following day to fly home, but at the airport it took way longer than we planned the lines were moving very slowly! We had planned on getting a leisurely breakfast but that didn't happen ! We had the kids wait in our boarding lane while we grabbed something quick at McDs for all of us and wolfed it down quickly before boarding!

• 3 weeks later...
I can recommend the transfer company PressICat in Barcelona if you want/need private transfer services. My wife and I used them for transfer from the airport to the hotel, from the hotel to the cruise, from the cruise to the hotel, and from the hotel to the cruise during our winter vacation last year. Friendly and professional chauffeur, spotless car every time. Check out the reviews at Tripadvisor.

Thank you for this information. This is just the sort of recommendation I was hoping to find for transfers before my upcoming transatlantic from Barcelona. I will see about hiring PressICat.

Hi.What date are you on Allure in September?I go on the 13'th .

• 3 years later...

Hi,

I know this is an old thread but I am hoping someone can give me current information.

Cruising a TA - Port Canaveral, USA to BCN. Is it true that disembarkation in Spain involves Customs/Immigration? If so how long does that take on average? I have read about 2-3 hours;is this true still?

Just trying to get an idea on flight times I should look at.

Any help is appreciated.

Safe Sailing!!!