Money spent on bar tab

roxie144

$12.66. That's two beers plus gratuities. When we found out beer went up from $4.75 to $5.50, that was it. We get more than enough free drinks being Elite Plus. Before the price increase, we probably spent about $150 for a cruise. We do so many cruises that they are considered vacations, just getaways.

It varies. If we smuggle liquor ( I know who would think doing such a thing!:eek:) and bring on the allotted bottles of wine then it ends up being about 150.00 for two. ( We only drink water and alcohol, no soda, plain juices or coffee)

If we just purchase drinks a la carte upwards, of 600 +each. Mimosas breakfast at breakfast, several cocktails and beer in the afternoon, wine at dinner, and champagne at the disco... it adds up.

But I, (we) as you'd say, are party people and will drink if we have a designated driver. :D

We are D+ so that really cuts our bar bill. We get our "before dinner" drinks at the free happy hour. I figure at 2 drinks each it saves about $250 per week. We don't drink all that much throughout the day, usually a drink or 2 after dinner. We normally do the wine package for the dining room. All in all we never hit the price of 2 drink packages.

We did a Celebrity cruise in Nov. We had Elite happy hour. We had a $750 OBC, and went to 4 up charge restaurants. Including tips, up charge restaurants, wine at dinner, and all our drinks, our final bill was $136 after applying the $750 OBC. The cost of 2 premium drink packages on Celebrity was about $950 so I don't ever see us getting the drink package. Would be more convenient though.

Our first cruise our bar tab was $700 for the two of us...and that was holding back a little!!! My husband can drink beer like water so this last cruise he got the Select package and I got the Royal Replenish package (and just paid for a few alcoholic drinks here and there for myself). We both got more than our money's worth out of it.

On our last cruise ours was$700 and that was holding back. I normally don't drink beer, but that's what I stuck to during the day. I prefer wine, or vodka and tonic and those do add up fast. It would be nice to taste different drinks or wines without worrying about if I like it or not.

On our last cruise ours was$700 and that was holding back. I normally don't drink beer, but that's what I stuck to during the day. I prefer wine, or vodka and tonic and those do add up fast. It would be nice to taste different drinks or wines without worrying about if I like it or not.

that's why we do it. we like to try the different drinks. seeing the pool servers walking around with pretty drinks and being able to try them is worth it. don't like it, don't drink it. :cool:

On the cruises we've been on (all Carnival so far, but prices are pretty much the same across the board, right?) when we pay for each drink, we don't spend much, but we also skip getting drinks we might want to get out of concern for our bill at the end of the cruise. So even if I wanted a glass of wine with dinner, I'd decide not to get one to get one to save money. With a package (even Carnival's with the 15 drink limit) we drank more for sure, but not more than we actually wanted to drink, if that makes sense. I'd have my wine at dinner, a cocktail before a show, and a couple of drinks throughout the rest of the evening.

For us, even if monetarily we wouldn't necessarily break even each day, the added value of convenience and peace of mind regarding the bill at the end makes up any difference there might be.

Been as low as $500 up to $800 for the 2 of us for a 7 day. Seen some of our friends with tabs well over $1,000.

Our last 15 day TA we got a free premium package for booking a balcony during a certain month. We got the cruise for $1,290 per person.:D

I wish this deal would come around again, I would book in a minute.

If you drink 6 or more a day get it you don't have to worry about the final bill. Your on vacation enjoy yourself drink whenever or whatever you want and have no worries. Try new things if you don't like what you ordered get something else.