Best Deal Ever?

thebts

Let's face it. We all love a good deal. But really with the vast choices of cruises on the market and everybody offering the lowest prices, even 80% off, it becomes so confusing.

So my question is: what's the best price you paid for an Oceanis cruise in the last year? We tend to wait till the last minute to book and really don't care about the itinerary or the cabin as long as we feel we are getting a good deal.:)

Everyone's idea of a good deal is different. To me it's not how low a price I pay but how much value I get for what I am paying. And cabin and itinerary are two of the most important factors in my decision, along with food, of course, where Oceania shines.

I'm not sure I understand the question? You want prices? Each itinerary and length and time/date of cruise is different. I would suggest going to your TA or a discount broker or the Oceania website and compare itineraries (stating that you don't care where you go), and choose your price point. Oceania (imho), prices some cruises lower later if they are not selling especially well, so you may get a better deal if you book late, and do not care where you are located in the ship. Also, you may wish to watch the website for their offers. This line is not usually known for its cheapness, however, I am sure deals can be found on discounters, and their own website if they are not selling well. I, for one, feel as though on all of our Oceania cruises, we got a very fair price for what we received, but we usually book 8-15 months ahead and choose our cabin ahead of time. You also may want to try other cruise lines, that do offer deep discounts, since you are just looking for any cruise with any itinerary and cabin.

Edited by Cruseforme

Oceania is not like mainstream cruise lines that offer last minute bargain pricing. In fact, popular cruises are subject to price increases quarterly. It also seems that the least expensive and most expensive staterooms or suites go first.

Suggest that you talk to a TA that has booked Oceania previously and is familiar with the product. The good part of speaking to a experienced Oceania TA is that you may get a rebate (up to 5%) on the cost of your cruise.

Are you interested in bargain cruises starting in the UK to avoid the cost of flying? I think a travel agent specializing in those would be most helpful.

Good catch! I didn't notice that the OP was from the UK. The rules there are so different -- probably no TA's with 5% rebates but, unfortunately, they receive specials that are not offered in the U.S.

The OP likes NCL (profile). Maybe he got an e-mail with a promotion through that connection. I have just received an e-mail from Oceania with cruises from London and Scandinavian cities. Maybe these offers are also available in the UK.

I looked at 2 or 3 on that email and other than the YWYW promos(internet, PPG & some on board credit) those really aren't bargains.

The real bargains are like the first rule of Fight Club.

Oceania rarely discount the cruises

they do if the cruise is not selling add other incentives

In past month some UK residents have gotten some good deals (by N.A. standards) with the beverage packages included as well as PPG &OBC

That said we like to book early to get our cabin of choice but if that is not a concern just look for a good price you can live with & book then

As some have mentioned the prices may go up closer to sailing or there will be sold out

YMMV

The OP likes NCL (profile). Maybe he got an e-mail with a promotion through that connection. I have just received an e-mail from Oceania with cruises from London and Scandinavian cities. Maybe these offers are also available in the UK.

Thanks for the reminder to change my profile to my new favorite Cruiseline...Oceania.

I'm not sure I understand the question? You want prices? Each itinerary and length and time/date of cruise is different. I would suggest going to your TA or a discount broker or the Oceania website and compare itineraries (stating that you don't care where you go), and choose your price point. Oceania (imho), prices some cruises lower later if they are not selling especially well, so you may get a better deal if you book late, and do not care where you are located in the ship. Also, you may wish to watch the website for their offers. This line is not usually known for its cheapness, however, I am sure deals can be found on discounters, and their own website if they are not selling well. I, for one, feel as though on all of our Oceania cruises, we got a very fair price for what we received, but we usually book 8-15 months ahead and choose our cabin ahead of time. You also may want to try other cruise lines, that do offer deep discounts, since you are just looking for any cruise with any itinerary and cabin.

I like to cruise when the price comes down to less than $150 per day incl taxes. Then I can comfortably sail 100 days a year and not break the bank. Having never sailed on Oceanis before I wondered if this is a feasible budget.

Then I'll stick with HAL, Princess, RCCL, Celebrity, MSC, Costa, Cunard & NCL where $150/day is well within reach.

In the cruise industry, like with most things in life, you get what you pay for (usually).

But you know that already :)

Usually like to get more than I paid for...like for instance the Trans Atlantic we did on MSC from San Juan to Italy for $6/day or $78 for the entire cruise. That can really stretch a travel budget. But for some where money is no barrier, there's Oceanis and Crystal and Seabourn.