Cruise announcement

paulista1950

OK, interesting...

22 Transatlantics in 2016 (including the January 3, 2017 following the Caribbean Celebration and two QV transatlantics). Essentially the same number as 2015.

Significant number of East-West back-to-back TAs. Five NY-Soton-NY itineraries, compared to 6 West-East back-to-backs. Two additional NY-Hamburg-NY back-to-backs.

The two NY-Hamburg back-to-backs provide an opportunity to disembark in Southampton for four days before returning westbound. These are the only opportunities for a short layover in England less than two weeks.

More longer TA crossings. There are 12 7-day crossings and 8 8-day crossings. Two of the 8-day eastbounds call on Halifax, though. The two Victoria crossings are 9 days and call on Halifax westbound and Cobh eastbound.

There's a 25 day hole in QM2's schedule, between arrival in Hamburg on 27 May and departure from Hamburg on 21 June. Probably the postponed drydock/refurb?

Edited by Underwatr

There's a 25 day hole in QM2's schedule, between arrival in Hamburg on 27 May and departure from Hamburg on 21 June. Probably the postponed drydock/refurb?

Yes, see my post - No 24 - above. ^^ and Mid Atlantic Ridge's reply, post No 25.

Edited by Ray66

I have been told by Cunard that the brochure will be out mid April. World Club members can book from middle of April.

Yes, my email said:

As a loyal member of the Cunard World Club you´ll receive a 5% saving on all cruises within the new 2016 programme for bookings made by 31 May 2015. Guarantee your place on board by registering your interest today. Our new 2016 cruises go on sale exclusively to Cunard World Club members from 1.00pm on Tuesday 14 April 2015.

I got that email today too, and I wondered if it wasn't an example of personalized, targeted marketing. The image shows a solo female standing at a ship's rail and she's no debutante. Did everyone get the same image or did yours appear to target your personal demographic?

Regarding QM2's refit, I would not have expected her to go into drydock just as the summer transatlantic season is gearing up. There might be a number of factors influncing that such as facility availability and what work is to be done and for how long. There were all sorts of rumors (some from credible sources) regarding Kings Court, deck 13, possible solo cabins, etc. But nothing official from Cunard.

Edited by BlueRiband

Sorry to see that QV will be doing fly cruises, most of the year, but I have found a couple on QE Norway in Summer and Canaries in Winter :)

I was also hoping QV wouldn't be banished again. And the only north cape cruise (which I really want to do) has Hamburg at each end - I have been rather put off those!

Well, I got the email yesterday.

Called, I was their first booking.

Confirmed on the QM2 Sept 20, 2016 from Southampton to NY.

We are beyond excited, this will be our 2nd TA on QM2. Asked the same cabin and dining table number.

Got confirmation email but it does not state the cabin number, wording is guarantee.

Is this because official booking does not start till April 14? I will call Cunard back.

We are privileged to be able to make such a trip!

ABoatNerd

I got that email today too, and I wondered if it wasn't an example of personalized, targeted marketing. The image shows a solo female standing at a ship's rail and she's no debutante. Did everyone get the same image or did yours appear to target your personal demographic?

BlueRiband:

That is the one I got. My hair could very well be that color underneath the present one!

Jeanne

PS: Could Cunard finally be recognizing solo passengers?

Thanks to our falling Canadian dollar, the initial fares are shocking. Although we enjoyed Britannia "class" we have been spoiled by several crossings in the Grills. One must be realistic, though. I note the May 2016 e/b crossing of Queen Victoria calls in Halifax en route to New York. This is tempting. Last year we were able to disembark QM2 in Halifax and return to Toronto via Montreal on a very comfortable train - a civilised way to end an overseas holiday.

Booking availability dates:

In 2016 the Cunard Queens will travel over 205,000 nautical miles, visiting nearly 100 destinations in 34 different countries. Each voyage, from a five-day New England and Canada cruise to a 30-day Grand Voyage, promises luxury on a grand scale for all those on board. Book your clients on an unforgettable journey.

Key Dates

•Pre-registration 26 March 2015, 5am PT

•Exclusive World Club Member pre-sale 14 April 2015, 5am PT

•On Sale 15 April 2015, 5am PT

Book Early

Cunard World Club Members will receive an additional 5% discount off Launch Fares† on all 2016 voyages when booking by 31 August 2015.

Edited by MCC retired

Book Early

Cunard World Club Members will receive an additional 5% discount off Launch Fares† on all 2016 voyages when booking by 31 August 2015.

31st May for us in the UK.