Are D+ still admitted to Concierge Lounge?

It would not surprise me to see this done on Vision Class ships.

I am just off the Legend (Vision class) yesterday, and was welcomed into both lounges, spending every evening of our 10 night cruise in the CL. I am D+ and was in a JS with no suites bennies.

Edited by island lady

IMHO you should have sent this email to Michael Bayley who is the new President and CEO of RCI.

I sent the email to Mr. Bayley also and received the following (very fast!) response:

Hi, its a mistake onboard that we are correcting. Thanks for letting me know. Michael

Sent from IBM Notes Traveler

Michael Bayley

President & CEO

Royal Caribbean International

MBayley@rccl.com

Edited by actuarian

I am just off the Legend (Vision class) yesterday, and was welcomed into both lounges, spending every evening of our 10 night cruise in the CL. I am D+ and was in a JS with no suites bennies.

Thanks for the info. I board the Legend next week (March 20th). Nice to know what to expect.

I sent the email to Mr. Bayley also and received the following (very fast!) response:

Hi, its a mistake onboard that we are correcting. Thanks for letting me know. Michael

Michael Bayley

President & CEO

MBayley@rccl.com

Now that was a quick response.:)

Michael Bayley

President & CEO

MBayley@rccl.com

Wow! Thanks for writing that letter, and for sharing the response.

It is unfortunate that folks have to go straight "to the top" to get an answer or result.

I see folks on here chastising others for taking that route. Sometimes that is the only way to get a resolution. We had a problem a month ago and tried C and A and a corporate guest relation phone number. No results.

An email to Mr. Bayley's office and the issue was resolved that afternoon.

It is unfortunate that folks have to go straight "to the top" to get an answer or result.

I see folks on here chastising others for taking that route. Sometimes that is the only way to get a resolution. We had a problem a month ago and tried C and A and a corporate guest relation phone number. No results.

An email to Mr. Bayley's office and the issue was resolved that afternoon.

The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

I had a C&A issue a few years ago and got nowhere with the reps. An email to Mr. Goldstein didn't elicit a direct response, but a C&A rep contacted me a few days later and corrected the problem.

Agreed. At the very least, it's nice to see that senior management is responsive... But it shouldn't have to come to that.

I guess the true test of resolution will be the removal of the sign. Boarding Friday, we'll see about the sign.

That sign was not something that was just made on a printer and hung by the door, it is a more of a plaque. Do you think it is possible that the sign was actually correct, it was just the timing that is wrong. Why would a sign like that even be made in the first place, if it is not an indication of the near future.

Just my two cents

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

I guess the true test of resolution will be the removal of the sign. Boarding Friday, we'll see about the sign.

That sign was not something that was just made on a printer and hung by the door, it is a more of a plaque. Do you think it is possible that the sign was actually correct, it was just the timing that is wrong. Why would a sign like that even be made in the first place, if it is not an indication of the near future.

Just my two cents

M

I agree that is pretty strange. Please report back if you find out anything once onboard

As D+, we've produced over $100,000 in revenue for Royal Caribbean.

In the big picture, the high tier C&A member's over time are a lot more valuable to RCI then someone doing a one time cruise in a suite. As was mentioned, the most loyal members total 'contribution' to the corporate coffer's is much greater.

So it is just good business to reward your most loyal repeat customer's with 'perks' that really don't cost that much, but do make the repeater feel appreciated.

To suggest that the repeat cruiser is "more valuable" is an overstatement. Repeat cruisers are valuable, as they spread the word and come back to spend more money, but their "contribution" is made "over time". On any single cruise, the suites could well bring in more revenue than that D+ who has spent a number of years to achieve their level. And on most (if not all) cruises, the new or very low tier repeat cruisers account for the majority of the revenue.

Yes, it is good business to reward repeat customers, but at any one instance in time, the majority of the company's revenue is coming from many other sources than top-tier loyalty members, making those other sources pretty valuable too (IMO, much more valuable than any single repeat cruiser - especially those repeat cruisers who are booking the cheapest cabin, book excursions outside of the line, and only consume the free drinks).

Just my two cents

M

Reminds me of the time a sign with Pinnacle on it was spotted at a check in line. Turned out the sign was a mistake. Not wrong, but a mistake because it should not have been put out yet;)

Reminds me of the time a sign with Pinnacle on it was spotted at a check in line. Turned out the sign was a mistake. Not wrong, but a mistake because it should not have been put out yet;)

The Port of Baltimore on December 27, 2010 and we were there. We saw the sign and Jim went to take a picture but was told no pictures in the terminal!!:eek:

Take whatever you read here with some skepticism.

A year or so ago, someone reported seeing a sign in the check in area for "Black Diamond."

Of course, hundreds of posts followed, most of them almost guaranteeing this was the new level between D+ and Pinnacle.

Guess what, that sign has never been seen again.

The Port of Baltimore on December 27, 2010 and we were there. We saw the sign and Jim went to take a picture but was told no pictures in the terminal!!:eek:

My thoughts too. Why even have a plaque made up and on hand regarding limited entrance to the CL.

Time will tell.

M

I didn't think Explorer had a "proper" diamond lounge yet (with the 24 hour coffee etc etc), just the diamond event. I have heard that one will be added in the dry dock .

It was not an actual diamond lounge as yes, the ship has not gone to dry dock yet, but they created one in the evening in part of the viking crown. Call it an event or whatever but there were 3 distinct areas. The old concierge lounge plus over flow for concierge, suite are and diamond area which were all in the viking crown.

Luca in the CL was fantastic! Very welcoming and helpful, as is his staff, especially

Maria (she is a hoot!). Enjoy! :)

I agree, all were excellent when we were on LG in December.

Just my two cents

M

Certainly possible, only time will tell.

Luca in the CL was fantastic! Very welcoming and helpful, as is his staff, especially

Maria (she is a hoot!). Enjoy! :)

Agree! I would add that Christopher Dhookit the Diamond Concierge was excellent and spent considerable time in the Viking Crown overflow area. Kudos to all!!!

To suggest that the repeat cruiser is "more valuable" is an overstatement. Repeat cruisers are valuable, as they spread the word and come back to spend more money, but their "contribution" is made "over time". On any single cruise, the suites could well bring in more revenue than that D+ who has spent a number of years to achieve their level. And on most (if not all) cruises, the new or very low tier repeat cruisers account for the majority of the revenue.

Yes, it is good business to reward repeat customers, but at any one instance in time, the majority of the company's revenue is coming from many other sources than top-tier loyalty members, making those other sources pretty valuable too (IMO, much more valuable than any single repeat cruiser - especially those repeat cruisers who are booking the cheapest cabin, book excursions outside of the line, and only consume the free drinks).

excellent post.:)

Thetrail – I was very certain to say IN MY EXPERIENCE. We too have frequented the CL for many years. You misquoted me – I did not say seniors in the CL. I said DL. And guess what – we are also in our 50s so we are a little too mature to feel guilty about our behavior. It was not meant to be defamatory to all seniors (heck to many people WE'RE already seniors! ;)). The fact remains that in OUR experience, the least welcoming people in the DL have been people "of a certain age". We have socialized happily with all ages, cabin categories, C&A levels blah blah blah. You are more than welcome to call “BS on my post” but it has indeed been our experience.

Back to the plaque, sounds like someone jumped the gun. Royal has said new suite perks are coming. I would hazard a guess like many here that the CL's will become Suite Lounges and D+ will have the DL as well as the 3 drinks loaded on their Seapass. And then we can all participate in the dozens of ranting threads that will pop up here. :eek:

Edited by wolfganghowell