Are D+ still admitted to Concierge Lounge?

[quote name='George C']even though we were in suite with gold card concierge asked us if we would use diamond club since Cl was crowded and I just guessing some were just diamond plus without gold card[/QUOTE]

You should have told him/her to go to hell.....after all you actually PAID to be there.....

[quote name='grand isle joe']You should have told him/her to go to hell.....after all you actually PAID to be there.....[/QUOTE]

Why so judgmental toward the concierge? He was trying to be helpful and suggest a less crowded venue. Remember that Gold Card does NOT have access to the Diamond Lounge but he would make an exception to the rule.

[quote name='yogimax']Why so judgmental toward the concierge? He was trying to be helpful and suggest a less crowded venue. Remember that Gold Card does NOT have access to the Diamond Lounge but he would make an exception to the rule.[/QUOTE]

No kidding!

On my upcoming cruise I'd be thrilled to be allowed into the Diamond Lounge because many of my cruise friends are at least Diamond and I'm just Emerald. I'll be in a suite so I can get into the CL, but not the DL, where my friends will be hanging out. :( Edited by Cruzin-K

[quote name='DarthGrady']Thanks!

And while you're here, we're going to need the answer to life, the universe and everything.[/QUOTE]

42! I thought everyone already knew that! :D

And I see Cruzin K beat me to that answer! Edited by CruiseMore1

[quote name='yogimax']Why so judgmental toward the concierge? He was trying to be helpful and suggest a less crowded venue. Remember that Gold Card does NOT have access to the Diamond Lounge but he would make an exception to the rule.[/QUOTE]
Prior to being a Diamond, my gold suite card got me in the Diamond Lounges just fine. I never asked if I could use the Diamond Lounge, I just did. I actually did not realize that Suite Passengers were not entitled. Learning something new here tonight.

Haven't been up to the c lounge yet as the area was closed off for private party. BUT the welcome aboard letter only references the availability of a diamond lounge.

The letter opens with "as a valued diamond or diamond plus member of our crown and anchor society" and then lists the amenities and services of the [B]diamond lounge[/B]. In the letter the lounge is called the diamond club lounge, and I am referenced as a "diamond concierge club guest" however there is no information at all regarding a concierge lounge.

Seems they may have taken the sign down, I will try to check that out later, however I'm guessing that the letter is the same that was sent out last week when D+ was excluded from the concierge lounge.

M

[quote name='cruisegirl1']Haven't been up to the c lounge yet as the area was closed off for private party. BUT the welcome aboard letter only references the availability of a diamond lounge.

The letter opens with "as a valued diamond or diamond plus member of our crown and anchor society" and then lists the amenities and services of the [B]diamond lounge[/B]. In the letter the lounge is called the diamond club lounge, and I am referenced as a "diamond concierge club guest" however there is no information at all regarding a concierge lounge.

Seems they may have taken the sign down, I will try to check that out later, however I'm guessing that the letter is the same that was sent out last week when D+ was excluded from the concierge lounge.

M[/QUOTE]

The plot thickens!!! Thanks for the update Marci. Have a great cruise

Just off the enchantment. Sign is down, and apparently no issues for D+ in concierge lounge. We went in the first evening at 6:45 there were two people in there. I don't know if they were suite guests or D+. Stayed there just a few minutes and then went to check out the Diamond lounge. Also just two people there.

I don't recall exact numbers from the welcome back party, but it was something like less than 20 each of diamond and diamond plus, and one pinnacle.

We never made it back to either lounge for the remaining two evenings.

m

[quote name='cruisegirl1']Just off the enchantment. Sign is down, and apparently no issues for D+ in concierge lounge. We went in the first evening at 6:45 there were two people in there. I don't know if they were suite guests or D+. Stayed there just a few minutes and then went to check out the Diamond lounge. Also just two people there.

I don't recall exact numbers from the welcome back party, but it was something like less than 20 each of diamond and diamond plus, and one pinnacle.

We never made it back to either lounge for the remaining two evenings.

m[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the update Marci

You should have told him/her to go to hell.....after all you actually PAID to be there.....

That's a bit harsh. The same argument many have made on here also works in reverse. The clubs have identical drinks and snacks during the cocktail hours. Why would it be so bad for suite guests to sit in the DL if the CL were too crowded? I think there's too much emotion over this issue. Most folks would probably appreciate the Concierge doing that if he/she noticed that one lounge had more open seating than the other.

To answer an earlier request, here is the pic of the plaque, taken this morning by my sister before she disembarked:

[ATTACH]342709[/ATTACH]

(Maybe this will stop the "IF this is true" kinds of remarks from a few posters?)

Dave, thanks for all the info on Oasis, and for your civil and polite replies.

And thanks also to Pete (Don Pedro), actuarian, Maxwell, splash, & others for your input and observations. They were very interesting and informative.

Rick, I agree; as D+, sometimes in a suite and sometimes not, I do enjoy visiting with different friends in both lounges. Could be those days are drawing to a close, but as Carol observes, "there is little point in speculating."

However, it was interesting to find out that so far, this seems to be happening only on EN and Oasis, which was the gist of my original question.

Asked and answered! Thanks, everybody.

I can't believe that RCI would display a sign written in such bad English.

I can't believe that RCI would display a sign written in such bad English.

I can. English is not the first language for a majority of the crew members.

I remember the entire lot of formal dining photos on a Princess cruise were labeled "dinning room", and on another set of photos "princess" wasn't capitalized. I wanted to buy one of the photos, so I had them reprint it with the proper capitalization. I wasn't going to shell out $24.95 for bad grammar :p

Royal Caribbean is no different.

Hmmmm..........Let's criticize all those blokes that use English, not as their second language, but probably their third or fourth.........What's next? How they "smell"?:rolleyes:

A sign like that, with a "New Policy" should have been written by Miami and not by onboard staff. In that case this may just be a local decision.

Now that the deck plans for Harmony are out-no CL on that ship, one still has to wonder the fate of these lounges fleet wide?

To play devil's advocate it could just be an Oasis Class thing. The Quantum Class ships are entering service with the usual CL/DL.

That's going to be one absurdly crowded DL on Harmony though... The former comedy club space is quite small.

Edited by Dave85

Now that the deck plans for Harmony are out-no CL on that ship, one still has to wonder the fate of these lounges fleet wide?

It's actually rather clever on the part of Royal. Don't "kick" the D+s out of the CL. Just change the name:confused: