Things to do that aren't the beach??

JohnGaltny

We board Adventure OS on Saturday with ports in

Barbados -- ????

St. Lucia -- Tour with Grant Stanis

Antigua -- ????

St. Maarten -- Maho Beach

I've been through the Ports of Call Boards for Barbados and Antigua and almost everything suggested in beach related.

Any last minute suggestion for Barbados or Antigua for them what don't like the beach???

Thanks.

We did a tour with Adventure Antigua and had a great time. We made several stops (Hell's Gate for snorkeling & climbing the rock formation and a stop at Bird Island for a hike & lunch). It was a great excursion.

http://www.adventureantigua.com/the-eco-tour

In Barbados our guys played gold at the Rockley Golf Course and the girls spent the morning at Accra Beach within walking distance nearby. We had a cab drop each of us off & the guys walked over to the beach when they finished playing golf.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by ace1zoe2

I had a really good time with Segway of Antigua. We learned to ride the Segways, rode down the beach, up to the fort, and had time to play around. The tour ended with an hour on the beach, if you wanted, but most of us took the ride back to town.

In the Caribbean, beaches are the "thing"!!!

Things to do that aren't the beach??

That is what they asked. We know its all about them beaches. You might hit 70,000 posts with comments like that in no time

Anyways Ive never been to any of these ports of call yet. In St Johns we are doing a Jeep Safari excursion threw royals excursions.

Thank you all. Some nice ideas in there.

As for "beaches are the thing" I Assume he's a Congressman. Gave me an answer I already knew without doing a thing to solve the issue. DEFINITELY from DC.

Edited by JohnGaltny

In Antigua I did a ship excursion the "Canopy Rainforest Zip Line Tour. This was the best ziplining I have ever done. You zipline down a mountain side over a rainforest via a series of 12 zip lines followed at the end by a vey long leap of faith jump. You do not have to do all 12 if you don't want but a lot of walking up the mountain side is required and after the leap of faith there is a long long flight of stairs to walk back up to the building where you started at! It was lots of fun! :cool:

In Antigua I did a ship excursion the "Canopy Rainforest Zip Line Tour. This was the best ziplining I have ever done. You zipline down a mountain side over a rainforest via a series of 12 zip lines followed at the end by a vey long leap of faith jump. You do not have to do all 12 if you don't want but a lot of walking up the mountain side is required and after the leap of faith there is a long long flight of stairs to walk back up to the building where you started at! It was lots of fun! :cool:

Thank you.

We board Adventure OS on Saturday with ports in

Barbados -- ????

St. Lucia -- Tour with Grant Stanis

Antigua -- ????

St. Maarten -- Maho Beach

I've been through the Ports of Call Boards for Barbados and Antigua and almost everything suggested in beach related.

Any last minute suggestion for Barbados or Antigua for them what don't like the beach???

Thanks.

You can read up on the port in a guide book or googling each port. See what interests you.

Beaches may be the "thing" for some people (as is getting a tan by the pool), but we cruised for over 20 years and NEVER once visited a Caribbean beach. We spend nearly all summer at a lovely beach here where we live so did not feel the need to go to the beach on a cruise. To answer the OP's question we have also done jeep tours, sightseeing tours which have included historic homes, forts, caves, beautiful historic churches, dolphin and sting ray encounters. You just need to check out what is available on any given island. Have fun! :)

Edited by Rala

In Antigua, pick a tour that includes the hills around Nelson's Dockyard, most beautiful view in the Caribbean. Can be done with public buses but is a bit cumbersome.

On a weekday, Bridgetown in Barbados is nice to hang out for a while. We did a tour with rum tasting, was great! The Atlantic coast is beautiful and usually included in island tours.

And as a last resort (for some :) ) there is Always SHOPPING. :)

My DH was a really good sport about following me around doing a bit of shopping 'here and there'. :)

I think you mean British Airways

:rolleyes: Lucky you corrected that. No one would have known about what I was speaking.

You may have heard people say American or Delta or Jet Blue when referring to U.S. airlines. They all have Airline/Airways after they name but we all seem able to identify about which air carrier we are speaking. It must be just U.S. lingo.

Given the abbreviated world we live in, I could go on and on but won't. I think it is 'dry humor' and you forgot to put the smiley emoticon? :)

Edited by sail7seas