Poll: Do you bring food to your cabin

Kenlorz

Do you take food back to your cabin?  

664 members have voted

1. 1. Do you take food back to your cabin?

• Yes, I bring food back to my cabin and I'm not happy about this new policy
    • No, I don't bring food back to my cabin and I could care less about this new policy
    • Yes, I bring food back to my cabin, policy is no big deal. I'll just pay $7.95 for Room Service now

So very true. The cheerleaders want everyone to only post positive things about their favorite brand and then they want to put down those who do not share their "loyalty".
Funny, I see it the other way around. There is more shade thrown at those that don't have an issue with the changes, then there is thrown at those that do have an issue. Isn't it better for NCL (who reads this site) to see both sides, instead of just one side.

We will have food in our stateroom. I have a teenager...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With all the threads, this will be my first post on this.....

Oh you are so right. Growing teenage boys, especially, will easily find a way to get that plate of fries and some pizza slices to the room!!!:D

Seriously, as long as you walk outside, through the pool area and don't have a plate of meatloaf, dripping with gravy oozing on the floor, one would think you'll get down a hallway or two with at least snack type foods.:confused:

The increase in the DSC affects everyone. The ones that affect me, increase in DSC, 3% increase in the bar beverage gratuity, 18% specialty restaurant gratuity and taking food back to cabin from buffet (cookies and chips that I take back) and some of these add up to additional money that I will be spending, but I still don't have an issue with the changes. Why can't those on the "I have an issue with all of these" understand that some people just have a different opinion than they do. I put a value on my cruise based on what I spend and even with these changes, I still feel I am getting the value I expect and that is why I don't have an issue with the changes. Should everyone just be upset, because you are?

You have posted...ad nauseam that you dont care...WE GET IT. OTHER PEOPLE DO. You continue to post and post because you believe that everyone should believe they way you do. There is no need for you to continue to post the same thing over and over to try and undermine the feelings of other posters. If you had posted you opinion one time that would be fine. To post the same message countless times in every single thread and try and make others peoples opinions seem silly because you think that way is just plain rude. People have the right to be upset that what they paid for is being changed week to week with no notification or announcement from NCL. Had these changes been made in a respectful manner the number of upset people would be much lower. You have continually refused to accept that the METHOD of the changes was the cause of the outrage more so then the actual change. You have made your opinion clear...you do not have to post after every negative comment defending NCL....that is....unless that is what NCL is paying you to do on these boards....

6&8

Edited by sixesandeights

My only issue is the way it was done. (referring to the new RS charge) That's just me ...

I agree. It was handled very poorly. I rarely use room service but I think the fee is much too high. However, I wouldn't be surprised if other cruise lines follow (unless this becomes the disaster some are predicting) with a fee for room service, but a lower fee. If that happens, NCL may have to make an adjustment. As far as restrictions on taking food from the buffet, it's just silly. They can't enforce it without making people very angry.

I agree. It was handled very poorly. I rarely use room service but I think the fee is much too high. However, I wouldn't be surprised if other cruise lines follow (unless this becomes the disaster some are predicting) with a fee for room service, but a lower fee. If that happens, NCL may have to make an adjustment. As far as restrictions on taking food from the buffet, it's just silly. They can't enforce it without making people very angry.

So far it doesn't sound like they are trying to. They have already said that you can take food from the buffet to the pool deck, and from there, what would stop anyone from taking it elsewhere? Those just off Breakaway said that they could take food from buffet but not from O'Sheehan's. As we see this play out, I'm starting to think it's not as bad as originally thought. Hopefully...

I also agree that it was handled poorly.

Edited by LrgPizza

It doesn't affect me in a negative way so why would I post otherwise? We don't order room service. We don't take any food to our room, ever, because 1) it's gross and 2) we have 2 little kids which makes food in the room even grosser and 3) there is plenty of food in the dining areas of the ship if someone gets hungry. We also don't take food to other areas of the ship. We eat in the designated eating areas. It's just way easier than carting food to the opposite end of the ship. However it does affect me in a positive way. If it's enforced, which I honestly doubt it will be, there should be fewer plates of food around, period, which is a plus. I don't like seeing it. It's gross. And the plates in the hallway? A disaster with two little kids. If anything I'm ECSTATIC about the new policies! I couldnt care less that they are probably making money on it, and if they are kudos. They are a business and generally that's what businesses do. They make money. I just hope that the crew sees some extra cash out of it. Part of me hopes that the reasons for the increased gratuities and the inclusion of a service charge for the room service is to make up for decreased cash tips and increased crew responsibilities.

Uh, that really doesn't make a ton of sense. Yes I really do prefer that they bring them back to the buffet and put them somewhere there. It would be way easier for the crew to deal with and it would be easy enough to put them on a table that hasn't already been bussed rather than search for a clean table to put them on. And even if one put them on a clean table, my guess is that they would be taken away quickly as the tables in the buffet area are usually cleaned up pretty fast to make room for more people... That's a pretty weak argument there. I would much rather have them put back into the dining area where they will be cleaned up quickly and more easily than have them left by the pool or in a hallway. Honestly the few times we've taken food out of the buffet (couldn't find an empty table so took it out to the deck to eat) we brought it back and brought it directly to a table that was being cleared.

LOL! Someone is manage to write a book that it did not have any affect on them. :D

Royal Caribbean did it right IMHO. They started out with late night room service fee. I'm pretty sure this could change in the future as they are taking the band-aid off slowly. NCL just tore it off. Real fast!!! As for not taking food out of the buffet, heck, seems they tore stitches out too!!!:eek:

Royal Caribbean did it right IMHO. They started out with late night room service fee. I'm pretty sure this could change in the future as they are taking the band-aid off slowly. NCL just tore it off. Real fast!!! As for not taking food out of the buffet, heck, seems they tore stitches out too!!!:eek:

NCL also started out with late night room service fee. That was in place on both of my cruises in 2014.

NCL also started out with late night room service fee. That was in place on both of my cruises in 2014.

Ahhh-thanks. As you can see, I'm an NCL newbie. Seems people didn't notice the band aid being taken off!!! ;)

You have posted...ad nauseam that you dont care...WE GET IT. OTHER PEOPLE DO. You continue to post and post because you believe that everyone should believe they way you do. There is no need for you to continue to post the same thing over and over to try and undermine the feelings of other posters. If you had posted you opinion one time that would be fine. To post the same message countless times in every single thread and try and make others peoples opinions seem silly because you think that way is just plain rude. People have the right to be upset that what they paid for is being changed week to week with no notification or announcement from NCL. Had these changes been made in a respectful manner the number of upset people would be much lower. You have continually refused to accept that the METHOD of the changes was the cause of the outrage more so then the actual change. You have made your opinion clear...you do not have to post after every negative comment defending NCL....that is....unless that is what NCL is paying you to do on these boards....

6&8

And people that have issues with the changes have posted...ad nauseam that they have issues...WE GET IT (using your words). What is the difference, other than they agree with you. They continue to post and post the same thing over and over to try and undermine the feelings of those posters that have no issues with the changes....what is the difference, other than they agree with you. They post the same message countless times in every single thread and make other's opinion seem silly....what is the difference, other than they agree with you. Yes, people have the right to be upset, just as people have the right to not be upset and everyone has the right to post their opinions.

You must have never read one of my posts, because I clearly have stated that I believe NCL was totally wrong in how they implemented these changes and that they have shot themselves in the foot and if they would have done it differently, the outcome would have been different, so please don't say something that I've never said.

And those that have issue don't have to post after every positive post...it works both ways, but you have never had an issue with those posters...why, because they agree with you. Just as you might think I'm being paid by NCL, which I'm not and I don't understand how folks just don't get that some have a different opinion and we can post just as much as those with the differing opinions, I think you could be getting paid by NCL's competition to keep the negativity going.

If you noted, I didn't say anything to you, that you didn't say to me. It works both ways, both sides do the same thing, posters on each side do the same things, etc. I will continue to post my opinions, if you don't like them, you are free to not read them, just as I won't be reading yours.

Edited by NLH Arizona

And people that have issues with the changes have posted...ad nauseam that they have issues...WE GET IT (using your words). What is the difference, other than they agree with you. They continue to post and post the same thing over and over to try and undermine the feelings of those posters that have no issues with the changes....what is the difference, other than they agree with you. They post the same message countless times in every single thread and make other's opinion seem silly....what is the difference, other than they agree with you. Yes, people have the right to be upset, just as people have the right to not be upset and everyone has the right to post their opinions.

You must have never read one of my posts, because I clearly have stated that I believe NCL was totally wrong in how they implemented these changes and that they have shot themselves in the foot and if they would have done it differently, the outcome would have been different, so please don't say something that I've never said.

And those that have issue don't have to post after every positive post...it works both ways, but you have never had an issue with those posters...why, because they agree with you. Just as you might think I'm being paid by NCL, which I'm not and I don't understand how folks just don't get that some have a different opinion and we can post just as much as those with the differing opinions, I think you could be getting paid by NCL's competition to keep the negativity going.

If you noted, I didn't say anything to you, that you didn't say to me. It works both ways, both sides do the same thing, posters on each side do the same things, etc. I will continue to post my opinions, if you don't like them, you are free to not read them, just as I won't be reading yours.

What, they paid someone to post? Heck, if they paid me double I can do both (positive & negative). :D

Agreed. I've been " Switzerland " neutral and more of a lurker over the years, as I don't get to sail nearly as often as I would like,but it's fun to read boards even if I have nothing planned. I have definitely seen a bit of a gang up on a poster mentality. You don't have to have thousands of posts and dozens of sailings " with status" under your belt to have an opinion. Mine is that these changes were very badly mishandled by NCL and they may lose some of their base to other lines-However,I am one that knows this particular round of changes won't affect me. Slippery slope arguments remind me this is why I may want to look into cancel for any reason insurance for future sailings.

I had commented on a post earlier in the week that people who are new to cruising and CC come here for advice. They may be put off by the vitriolic back and forth. Shame,because they could miss out on getting to chat with some very knowledgeable people who know the answers to just about every question a person could have...

I don't have an issue with the changes. Should everyone just be upset, because you are?

You totally missed my point. I am not upset at all because I don't take food out of the dining areas. But I sure don't think that others that want to or have a need to shouldn't be able to.

I'm glad you don't have any issue with increased charges :)

You totally missed my point. I am not upset at all because I don't take food out of the dining areas. But I sure don't think that others that want to or have a need to shouldn't be able to.

I'm glad you don't have any issue with increased charges :)

It shouldn't matter if one thinks the changes affect them or not, shouldn't everyone be able to voice an opinion without being chastised? We all think differently. Even though the changes affect me, it is not something I have an issue with, if others do that is okay. :)

I feel sorry for those that have an issue with increased charges, but I'm not going to jump on their bandwagon just because they are upset or stop posting my opinions. I'll jump on a bandwagon on an issue that I feel strongly for and wouldn't expect those that don't have the same issue to jump on the wagon with me nor would I expect them not to voice their opinions.

It shouldn't matter if one thinks the changes affect them or not, shouldn't everyone be able to voice an opinion without being chastised? We all think differently. Even though the changes affect me, it is not something I have an issue with, if others do that is okay. :)

I feel sorry for those that have an issue with increased charges, but I'm not going to jump on their bandwagon just because they are upset or stop posting my opinions. I'll jump on a bandwagon on an issue that I feel strongly for and wouldn't expect those that don't have the same issue to jump on the wagon with me nor would I expect them not to voice their opinions.

From what I can see the EFFECT of your numerous posts on these various issues is negative for NCL. You help to keep the pot simmering, which means that any Carnival or RCCL cruiser contemplating an NCL cruise is able to find several "complaint" threads near the top of the page when they come here for information.

If you REALLY wanted to help NCL you and the other "cheerleaders" would cease trying to defend the indefensible, but I would NEVER suggest you stop posting. I think NCL deserves scorn and opprobrium for their actions over the past several months and so I am pleased to see you doing what you can to keep their sins fully in the public eye.

Carry on!

It would have been nice to bring my wife back a nice breakfast of her favorites when she sleeps in on her birthday.

I'll be honest, I'm still going to find a way to take back a plate of sliced fruits, yogurt, and some hot food too.

Exactly, I am not happy about the change either. My wife and daughter like to sleep in and I typically bring them a plate from the buffet for a balcony breakfast. The usual fare offered in room service gets old after a day or two of it. While the wife gets ready for dinner, we also like to feed our little prior to going to taking her to kids club in the evening. Will this really put a damper on my cruise...probably not, but all these nickle and dime ploys and the "what's next" feeling are starting to take the fun out of cruising.

Exactly!

And what is unbelievable to me is how many people have posted comments about not caring because it doesn't effect them. :rolleyes:

Same thing happened to me when Ncl banned smoking. everyone was cheerleading then. I just don't see this as a big deal like the rest of y'all do. I personally think you should be able to do whatever you want on your balcony. whether you want to smoke or eat it should be no one else's business. Imo Ncl is still the only line I want to cruise with.

Even if I don't usually bring food back to eat in my stateroom, just knowing that I CAN'T, or that I have to be covert about it, impacts my overall enjoyment.

If I eat in a specialty restaurant, for which I've paid extra, and am too full to eat one of the "special" desserts (that I PAID for) at the close of the meal, I expect to be able to take it with me to eat later, should I so choose. I've done that once or twice. In the past, it's even been suggested to me by the waitstaff in the MDR (I don't remember which cruise line). It's not something I necessarily choose to do, but it gives me pleasure knowing that I CAN.

Now, perhaps if I never had a veranda, I might be less impacted. Lord knows, the idea of dining in an inside cabin doesn't hold me in its thrall, but one of the pleasures of having an aft veranda stateroom is being able to take lunch from the buffet, or appetizers, or dessert, to enjoy in MY quiet outdoor space with a glass of wine, watching the wake.

I called Ncl and you can still do that, not bring the food by yourself but you can have it sent for free. I called because honestly that is one thing I do like to do, when I go to Cagney's steakhouse I purposely order more than I can eat and have them send it back to my room

Funny, I see it the other way around. There is more shade thrown at those that don't have an issue with the changes, then there is thrown at those that do have an issue. Isn't it better for NCL (who reads this site) to see both sides, instead of just one side.

Well put

I called Ncl and you can still do that, not bring the food by yourself but you can have it sent for free. I called because honestly that is one thing I do like to do, when I go to Cagney's steakhouse I purposely order more than I can eat and have them send it back to my room

Well, good! Thanks for clarifying that! (Hopefully that word gets passed to all of the staff - it seems I've heard of some people getting a different response when actually at the venue!)

Exactly, I am not happy about the change either. My wife and daughter like to sleep in and I typically bring them a plate from the buffet for a balcony breakfast. The usual fare offered in room service gets old after a day or two of it. While the wife gets ready for dinner, we also like to feed our little prior to going to taking her to kids club in the evening. Will this really put a damper on my cruise...probably not, but all these nickle and dime ploys and the "what's next" feeling are starting to take the fun out of cruising.

Seems like people on here always say I usually like to do this or usually like to do that, okay well you're not doing it anymore lol. I usually like to smoke on my balcony now I'm not going to be able to I have to deal with that. I promise we can all deal with the changes that bug us.

From what I can see the EFFECT of your numerous posts on these various issues is negative for NCL. You help to keep the pot simmering, which means that any Carnival or RCCL cruiser contemplating an NCL cruise is able to find several "complaint" threads near the top of the page when they come here for information.

If you REALLY wanted to help NCL you and the other "cheerleaders" would cease trying to defend the indefensible, but I would NEVER suggest you stop posting. I think NCL deserves scorn and opprobrium for their actions over the past several months and so I am pleased to see you doing what you can to keep their sins fully in the public eye.

Carry on!

I'm not trying to help anyone nor have I defended NCL other than the right to make changes they seem fit.

If you want a thread without any positives, then I would suggest that you start a thread about the changes and ask that there be no positive posts. Even though I feel NCL wants to know the positives and the negatives, I won't post to it, but have to warn you that someone actually asked for only positive comments and none about the changes on a thread about what you are looking forward to on your cruise. And, guess what, there was a negative post about taking food back from the buffet, so it might not work.

If you believe NCL deserves scorn and opprobrium for their actions over the last several months, then continue posting the way you are posting. I prefer to send a message through my posts, as do others, that it is not all negative and many don't have any issues with their changes and that there are differing experiences on the ships.

I think it is posts like yours, to which I'm responding to, that keeps the pot simmering. Carry on!

Edited by NLH Arizona