Can you book 2 shore excursions in same port?

anonymousegirl

You can book as many excursions as you want (you won't be charged until you're on board), but you have to be realistic. What if an excursion gets back late (that happened with our Skagway one...but it wasn't a matter of trying to make another excursion, but getting back on the ship as we got back to the pier after sailaway time due to weather conditions. At least since we booked through Princess, the ship waited until we were back on board).

If you have a strictly morning one and one mid-afternoon (with at least a couple of hours between), that would be fine. I certainly wouldn't overschedule a port as we go on a cruise to relax, but some people seem to feel the need to schedule every second of their port stay. To each his own, I guess.:rolleyes:

I have previously done 2 excursions with only a quick 30 mins back on board ship for dinner in between. I cannot remember how long they recommend in between tours. But if you are reserving them through your cruise personaliser then it will tell you if you cannot make the 2nd booking.

I scheduled two excursions in Key West a few years ago, one in mid-day snorkeling, and a sunset cruise. I was so exhausted from the first tour (and I didn't even leave the boat:rolleyes:) I just didn't make it to the second one. The cost of the second one wasn't so high that I felt I needed to go, a nap was more important. So this is something to consider when booking multiple excursions.

Edited by Treven

I scheduled two excursions in Key West a few years ago, one in mid-day snorkeling, and a sunset cruise. I was so exhausted from the first tour...I just didn't make it to the second one...So this is something to consider when booking multiple excursions.

Good point. The only time I recall doing two excursions in one day was in Kona; I did an easy one (Atlantis submarine) in the AM, so I would be sure to have the energy for a more physically demanding one (snorkeling) in the PM. It worked out fine.

I have done two Princess tours on the same day, but only tried this once. It actually worked out well for my mom and me. It was in Grand Cayman. We did have about an hour and a half between tours so felt confident. Any less than that and I would prepare myself to not be disappointed if I missed my second tour.

I scheduled two excursions in Key West a few years ago, one in mid-day snorkeling, and a sunset cruise. I was so exhausted from the first tour (and I didn't even leave the boat:rolleyes:) I just didn't make it to the second one. The cost of the second one wasn't so high that I felt I needed to go, a nap was more important. So this is something to consider when booking multiple excursions.
I agree with this. It depends on the activity and your energy level. :) If you're doing several ports in a row, booking two in one day could mean you're just too tired to do the 2nd one. Or, if you do both, you might be too tired to do the next day's tour. Definitely take that into consideration.

We actually booked two excursions for the same day on our recent South American cruise. The finishing and starting times were 45 minutes apart and we were talked out of the second by the excursion desk. They actually cancelled one without telling us. When we challenged them about it they said they would reinstate us but it was entirely at our risk as if we were late with the first one and therefore missed the second we would still be charged. The second excursion will not wait fior you if you happen to be late from the first.:)

I did this in Scotland and Naples with one hour between excursions, I was lucky both times. I barely made the second excursion. In Scotland I had just minutes to spare because the first excursion left later than planned.

I've also booked two excursions, on the same day, in Skagway. DH and I did a zip-line in the morning, and the dog sled camp in the afternoon. We had two hours between our tours. This gave us time to get back on the ship, have lunch, then meet the second tour. You will be fine as long as you don't book the tours too close to each other.

You didn't mention this in your original post but one of the times we did two excursions in one day, it was the tender port of Bar Harbor. We rode the tender off the ship together with our morning excursion group (limo ride to Acadia National Park) bringing along what we'd need for the afternoon excursion(whale watching harbor cruise). In that case, it was more practical to kill time and enjoy the little shopping area/park right by the dock than try to get on a tender, return to the ship, and then get another tender back for our afternoon excursion a couple hours later.