Will my clothes blow away on a Cove Balcony?

Sthrncrusr

If it is the one I am thinking of, it was an inflatable monkey that was tied to a chair or railing or something and came loose. The owners reported it right away, but once someone reports a possible person overboard, the ship is required to account for all passengers and crew. and until that completes, the ship is required to stay in a search pattern.

The delay was from uncooperative passengers who were in no hurry to be accounted for. The last few stragglers were the ones the Captain would love to have disembarked at the next port.

Your memory is better than mine. Would love to read that thread again it was hilarious.

To answer the original question, yes, its very possible that it will blow away.

Also, a smoldering cigarette butt can blow in and set the clothes on fire. It has happened before.

Please don't leave your clothes on the balcony unattended.

I didn't ask the original question. Not sure why you quoted my post simply saying to use the clothesline to hang the bathing suits. That's what it is there for.

The OP has not returned. Either everyone drove them away or they are a pot stirrer. :D:D:D

It's OK to be a pot stirrer but just don't leave that pot unattended on your balcony...................

with your pet stuffed monkey.........

and your wet swim things........

but it's OK to lock your snoring spouse out there all night....:D.............

naked - cause we wouldn't want a fire risk out there would we.

Edited by DirtyDawg

It's OK to be a pot stirrer but just don't leave that pot unattended on your balcony...................

with your pet stuffed monkey.........

and your wet swim things........

but it's OK to lock your snoring spouse out there all night....:D.............

naked - cause we wouldn't want a fire risk out there would we.

Fire on a ship is no laughing matter!

I just love the opinions of all of the "Negative Nancy's" on here. While it is true that fire is a concern on cruise ships, the odds of someone throwing a lit cigarette over the side and it hitting your damp bathing suit and causing a fire are about slim to none, and pretty much "none" if you have a cove balcony. We were just recently on the Breeze for an 8 day Southern itinerary, and we had a cove balcony. I used Boca clips to pin my wet trunks to the back of one of the chairs every day. They stayed clipped to the chair, and the chair was back far enough that the wind couldn't possibly blow them anywhere. Because the cove balconies are more recessed than a regular balcony, and there are lifeboats overhead, it would be next to impossible for a cigarette or anything else tossed over from above to land on a cove balcony. As long as you've got your wet bathing suit pinned to the back of a chair, and NOT the railing, you'll be fine. Do keep in mind though, that on some mornings, crew members hose off the sides of the ship and the balconies, so if you've put something out to dry over night, bring it in first thing in the morning. ;)

I always pack at least 3 suits, 2 pairs of water shoes, water shorts & tanktini top. Weighs less then 5# . It does take awhile to dry them in shower. Take a couple of the huge bags from Dollar Tree, 8 for $1 and tuck sandy shoes & wet items in for trip home.

I just love the opinions of all of the "Negative Nancy's" on here. While it is true that fire is a concern on cruise ships, the odds of someone throwing a lit cigarette over the side and it hitting your damp bathing suit and causing a fire are about slim to none, and pretty much "none" if you have a cove balcony. We were just recently on the Breeze for an 8 day Southern itinerary, and we had a cove balcony. I used Boca clips to pin my wet trunks to the back of one of the chairs every day. They stayed clipped to the chair, and the chair was back far enough that the wind couldn't possibly blow them anywhere. Because the cove balconies are more recessed than a regular balcony, and there are lifeboats overhead, it would be next to impossible for a cigarette or anything else tossed over from above to land on a cove balcony. As long as you've got your wet bathing suit pinned to the back of a chair, and NOT the railing, you'll be fine. Do keep in mind though, that on some mornings, crew members hose off the sides of the ship and the balconies, so if you've put something out to dry over night, bring it in first thing in the morning. ;)

but, you are special!!:mad:

Your post is most disagreeable to me. Have you ever been aboard a ship when the fire alarm rang? I have been! It was not, thank God, the Star Princess, but it was on the Volendam in 2002.

During a reception with the Captain, the Cruise Director, the Hotel Director, and other Senior Officers in the Explorer's Lounge, when the announcement was made, and then to witness their immediate, rapid response to the announcement was unsettling. Then, to see the Staff Captain and the fire-fighting crew assemble in the mid-ship's elevator/stairwell foyer preparing to descend to the deck where the fire was; well, all of us there wondered the same thing: what the heck should we do!

Fortunately, the fire was due to a discarded cigarette in a crew cabin. (The man/woman responsible was fired, I am suire.) No damage was done. But, a a major impression was made upon those of us who witnessed this event.

Please, do nothing, absolutely nothing, that might cause a fire on any vessel on which you choose to sail. And, that includes not putting "laundry" out on ANY veranda/balcony to dry.

Just to play devils advocate...what if a bathing suit was made of fire retardant material?

Would it be ok to hang on on the balcony then?

Just sayin...

Just saying what if someone saw it and said if they're doing it, so can I?

I just love the opinions of all the name-callers on this board.

How mature to call other people names because you don't agree with them. You should be a politician. Lol.