Sad thing i heard from a fellow guest the other day

cblzaccie

In chatting to some fellow guests at the beach in grand turk, one guest was complaining bitterly , I may add, that his whole vacation was ruined.. why you may ask, did he get food poisoning ? did he slip and fall ? did he get given a cabin in the engine room by mistake? no, he said it was ruined because ONE of the elevators was out of order for 2 days??? ONE, on the carnival sunshine, now if you have been on this ship you will know the layout and I was on the deck they were working on said elevator ( deck 6 ) and yes it was out, but there were 8 -9 other working elevators right there.

So im sitting there wondering HOW that is ruining his cruise, then he say NCL never has this problem , their elevators always work?? somehow i doubt any mechanical machine always works. I was with one of the craw at the time so I didn't say anything but really ???

I ask you do you on vacation really let these little things worry you so much it actually ruins a vacation?

zac

In chatting to some fellow guests at the beach in grand turk, one guest was complaining bitterly , I may add, that his whole vacation was ruined.. why you may ask, did he get food poisoning ? did he slip and fall ? did he get given a cabin in the engine room by mistake? no, he said it was ruined because ONE of the elevators was out of order for 2 days??? ONE, on the carnival sunshine, now if you have been on this ship you will know the layout and I was on the deck they were working on said elevator ( deck 6 ) and yes it was out, but there were 8 -9 other working elevators right there.

So im sitting there wondering HOW that is ruining his cruise, then he say NCL never has this problem , their elevators always work?? somehow i doubt any mechanical machine always works. I was with one of the craw at the time so I didn't say anything but really ???

I ask you do you on vacation really let these little things worry you so much it actually ruins a vacation?

zac

I never take the elevator on a cruise ship - ever. Now if it was the escalator and it stopped, I can see where the poor thang would stand there and scream at the top of his lungs that the stopped escalator ruined his cruise.:rolleyes:

Some people need to have something to bitch about.

On my cruise in January of 2013, a couple was sailing on Carnival for the first time and all they talked about was how inferior Carnival is to the other cruiseline they knew. At one point I stood up and told them a vacation is what you make of it and walked off.

I refuse to allow people like that to ruin my good time.

Edited by Minkster1973

I had people that were complaining before we even made it on the ship. Not even about something that was Carnival's fault, but the port of Galveston. Which actually wasn't a big deal, he was just mad because it was hot and the parking lot to terminal transfer was too slow for him, and then the comparisons started. He was certainly a ray of sunshine.

some people are just negative by nature and are not going to be happy come hell or high water! Life's too short for pettiness. Nothing will ever be perfect, adapt and move on!:)

I avoid people like that like the plague! Funny - on every cruise I have been on there has been a little something that wasn't perfect, but I managed to have an awesome time every single time in spite of it.

Some people need to learn not to let the little stuff bug you - it's a cruise, enjoy! ;)

zac

Doesn't take much to ruin some people's day.

But then I know penty of people who aren't happy unless they have something to complain about, so perhaps he was happier because his cruise was ruined.:confused::rolleyes::eek:

Some people are so unbelievable. They can find the smallest thing to pick on, and complain. They must be such unhappy people. Instead of complaining they should stop and look at where they are. They're lucky to be sailing on a beautiful ship, to great places, and seeing wonderful things. A lot of people out there will Never have the money, or the time to cruise.

I never dreamed I would be able to cruise. My SIL paid for me to take my 1st one, in 1987. It took me til 2000, to be able to afford a cruise on my own. Look at my signature now. I'm forever grateful for each and every one.

Edited by GranysT

In February, I was on the Breeze playing the adult Quest game. I tripped while running up front and fell hard, landing on my knee. I ended up tearing my meniscus and may need surgery. It's been over 3 months and I'm still in pain every day. Guess what- it didn't ruin my cruise. I'd rather be on a cruise with a bum knee in excruciating pain than at home or work! And no, the thought of suing Carnival never crossed my mind either!

And I also took the stairs and didn't complain.

Edited by Jenhem31

I was standing in the buffet line on a previous cruise and overheard a conversation between two ladies in front of me. One was complaining to the other about everything from food, activities for her children, her room, the entertainment and a few other issues. Finally the other lady stated "you must be having a terrible vacation" to which the complainer responded "no we're having a great time!" True story...as others have pointed out, some people are never happy unless they are complaining

zac

To bad.

On my last cruise: 1) I had to retake my photo for my SS card because it wouldn't ping

2) the FROYO machine didn't work

3) the dryer took my money and didn't dry my clothes

But did I complain? No. I jokingly said, "well, there's another one."

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

I was standing in the buffet line on a previous cruise and overheard a conversation between two ladies in front of me. One was complaining to the other about everything from food, activities for her children, her room, the entertainment and a few other issues. Finally the other lady stated "you must be having a terrible vacation" to which the complainer responded "no we're having a great time!" True story...as others have pointed out, some people are never happy unless they are complaining

LOL too funny but very true, some people just point out every flaw and just like this woman would be surprised by someone thinking they had a terrible time

We were sitting in the main lounge last year on the Breeze, waiting to debark. A woman and her sister were complaining to anyone that would listen about just how bad the service was and the food was inedible etc etc. The funniest complaint was the fact that Carnival did the Daylight Savings change on Thursday rather than midnight on Saturday. My husband and I thought that was very clever. Can you imagine trying to move all the sleepy passengers off with the clocks moving forward? Well, this woman and her sister thought it was just the silliest thing. They said "does Carnival think we are all stupid?"

The last we saw of them, they were berating some poor guy in the customs area.

zac

Very well said. I used to work at a hotel in Florida, and people would complain all the time about the sun not being out. I would very politely tell them that unfortunately, I could not control the weather. The best one, though, is when a woman was complaining that she could not eat outside -- we were in the middle of a hurricane at the time. Our restaurant manager told her she was more than welcome to sit outside, but she would not receive service.

We were sitting in the main lounge last year on the Breeze, waiting to debark. A woman and her sister were complaining to anyone that would listen about just how bad the service was and the food was inedible etc etc. The funniest complaint was the fact that Carnival did the Daylight Savings change on Thursday rather than midnight on Saturday. My husband and I thought that was very clever. Can you imagine trying to move all the sleepy passengers off with the clocks moving forward? Well, this woman and her sister thought it was just the silliest thing. They said "does Carnival think we are all stupid?"

The last we saw of them, they were berating some poor guy in the customs area.

Hope it was a customs agent who than decided to do a complete inspection.

On my last cruise: 1) I had to retake my photo for my SS card because it wouldn't ping

2) the FROYO machine didn't work

3) the dryer took my money and didn't dry my clothes

But did I complain? No. I jokingly said, "well, there's another one."

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

You maybe should have complained about the last one (or at least brought it to the attention of guest services). They would have refunded your dryer money and had maintenance look at the dryer so that other people wouldn't go through that as well.

My wife and I , who are very lucky to have the financial resources and time off from work , are able to go on 2-3 vacations a year . Very,very rarely has any trip , land or cruise , gone as planned without some type of hitch thrown in there. you're on vacation , roll with the punches and have a good time.

zac

I can only imagine he was stuck in said elevator for two days. That's the only thing that might ruin the whole cruise for me. So sorry you got stuck in there. That must have been traumatic.