Is the Spa worth it?

Good Morning all-

Since I will have 4 days at sea on my honeymoon cruise, I am looking to get a Elemis Aroma Spa Seaweed Massage and Elemis Tri-Enzyme Resurfacing Facial but I wanted to see if it was really worth the money.

Thank you-

Only you can put your own value on personal pampering, but speaking for myself, I would never get an enzyme resurfacing facial while in the sunny tropics.

It is time consuming enough to continuously apply sunscreen and otherwise protect your face from a burn under normal conditions, I cannot imagine being compromised with post - resurfaced skin sensitivity.

On the other hand, since it is your honeymoon, maybe you are already planning to stay inside the entire trip.

Good Morning all-

Since I will have 4 days at sea on my honeymoon cruise, I am looking to get a Elemis Aroma Spa Seaweed Massage and Elemis Tri-Enzyme Resurfacing Facial but I wanted to see if it was really worth the money.

Thank you-

Spa is pricey at sea but I absolutely love a seaweed wrap (great detox) after multiple days of consuming cruise ship drinks

I wouldn't ever do a resurfacing facial away from home, either. Your best possible scenario with any peel would be blotchy redness. Worst possible...a reaction.

Do you really want to look like that on your honeymoon?

Massage away...but I'd steer clear of the peels on a cruise.

I had one spa treatment during a RC cruise a few years ago - a full body massage. The massage was decent, but I can get a better one at home for the same cost. I didn't care for the sales pitch at the end when my mind and body were completely relaxed.

Not worth it to me, but I'm an old school guy. My wife likes to take advantage of a spa special (port days and such) but usually sticks to various massages and would never do the peels. Ship spas can be more expensive than at home, but I could also sit by my pool at home and make my own drinks. Problem is, its at home.... Enjoy your honeymoon even if you have to spend a few extra bills to have the full experience... Comparing cruise prices to home prices is kinda an apples and oranges thing.

I personally loved the Elemis Aroma Spa Seaweed Massages I have had. I only had one facial on a cruise. I'm not sure which facial it was as they have many options. I had it towards the end of the cruise and realized later that it did take away most of the tan on my face that I had worked so hard for. The upshot for me is I most likely will NOT get another facial on a cruise, but massages and the seaweed wraps I definitely enjoy and recommend.

Also, I tell the massage therapists up front that I have enough Elemis products and don't need anymore and they usually let it go after that.

several years ago I would have said "no" but RC has gone with a new company and they deliver. I am somewhat of a "spa snob" since I frequently visit spas at home. as for the ships, I like to wait until they post their 3/$99. which usually is a choice of massage, facial, hand & arm massage, or scalp massage. it is a good deal. if you are looking just for a facial, go with the elemis basic hydra lift facial. I agree, any type of peels would NOT be a good thing in the sun. Keep In mind your tip is included UP FRONT. Also, when completing the evaluation prior to your service I always write on the front "I am not interested in purchasing any products at this time" this will save you the pressure of sales at the end of the service.....enjoy!!

I stopped going because of the high pressure to purchase products. On our sailing last week, we surprised my daughter with a massage. She returned with a $100.00 product purchase that she did not want but it was bagged with a receipt attached when she was ready to leave. I brought it back and am still waiting to have the charges reversed.

They are not RCCL employees, so they bill directly to your credit card on file instead of posting the charge on your seapass.

Thanks Everyone!

I will probably opt out of the facial (maybe get one before the wedding) and just stick with the body wrap and massage!!!:)

Just my two cents...most estheticians do not recommend a facial just prior to a wedding...even a standard facial. You are running the huge risk of breakouts, red splotching and such. Or what if you had a reaction? It can happen. I'd talk with a professional esthetician and let them know you are wanting to look your best, and they will tell you a time frame to have that facial prior to the wedding that will decrease your risk of unwanted blemishes on your big day.