Email Address for Celebrity CEO

gimletgal

Right out of college I worked as a customer service rep for a large corporation.

There was a category of customer inquiry called "Presidents Cases". Originating at CEO level, they were sent down the chain of command for resolution but stopped at the level of customer service supervisor with instructions to report a "resolution" back to upper management within 14 days.

Clearly this may not apply to Celebrity, but it might indicate that the normal complaint procedure/resolution is more "carefully" implemented.

The reason behind starting this thread was only to receive information that we were told we would be receiving. That has not happened.

To have that email address is one thing. To use it is another. It's all about having options.

The reason behind starting this thread was only to receive information that we were told we would be receiving. That has not happened.

To have that email address is one thing. To use it is another. It's all about having options.

Say what??

I, personally, will never write an email to the Celebrity CEO. I can handle any issue without the need to bother to the head of a company. This CEO is an accountant and to help improve the accounting industry image, she should follow through with an email access.

Any company in the service business has a process for dealing with complaints that come to the CEo's attention. Those that have merit warrant a direct response (from his office/staff). Those that are unordinary in nature usually get forwarded to the head of customer service with a demand for timely resoltion by the CEO's office. The good will goes a long way and is invaluable. I speak from executive customer service experience for a nationwide company.

If this CEO has failed to put such a process in place, then she has A LOT to learn about running a service oriented company.

As far as you handling anything that comes along without bothering the CEO....perhaps you have never had an extraordinary problem which customer service was not empowered to resolve to your satisfaction. Good for you. Always a dangerous thing to say "never".

I don't have the "full chat" but I swear she made the comment that

she handles all emails that are sent directly to her....I guess she

doesn't want to give it out.......ya think?:eek::rolleyes:

You are in the right and your message is clear as day.

I don't have the "full chat" but I swear she made the comment that

she handles all emails that are sent directly to her....I guess she

doesn't want to give it out.......ya think?:eek::rolleyes:

It seems Lisa L.L. speaks with a forked tongue.:mad::rolleyes:

Ok, everyone! After several reminders, I have the email!

celebrityonetouch@celebrity.com.

While this isn't LLP's actual email that she uses for everything, I've been assured that this will be checked. Hope this helps.

Gee. I've known about that address for months now. I wonder why she couldn't have just mentioned that was the one to use during the Live Chat?

In any event, thanks for following up on this Chris.

hmmmm…..I don't think that's the same thing at all. That is a general corporate email address, not something that goes to her or the Executive Office. Still, it's better than nothing.

I agree. It's better than nothing. However, I don't think she is being very transparent in hiding behind a general email address. Mr. Bayley was a little more forthcoming with this, and the contactmichael address got attention. As the saying goes...."it is what it is".

Hi Everyone,

I'm highly confident the celebrityonetouch email address is directed to the same team that handled the contactmichael emails. I've spoken to some members of this team on past occasions, and they are excellent.

I realize that some hoped for a "contactlisa" email addy.... but IMO, assuming the emails are directed to the same team, it's the same result - so it's all good !

I'm pleased that Celebrity responded to our requests. Kudos to Chris for your efforts.

Hi Everyone,

I'm highly confident the celebrityonetouch email address is directed to the same team that handled the contactmichael emails. I've spoken to some members of this team on past occasions, and they are excellent.

I realize that some hoped for a "contactlisa" email addy.... but IMO, assuming the emails are directed to the same team, it's the same result - so it's all good !

I'm pleased that Celebrity responded to our requests. Kudos to Chris for your efforts.

By no means is this a slam against the team that is responsible for correspondence, and certainly no reflection on Chris who hunted down the email address. However, this is a poor reflection on the new CEO. The fact that she couldn't establish an email such as "contactlisa" indicates that she doesn't "get it" when it comes to customer service. It doesn't matter if it would be the same team responding. The point is that she should understand that people like to feel connected and she wants to appear to be accessible. This does not bode well for a cruise line, especially one that prides itself on be a cut above, which is all bout service.

By no means is this a slam against the team that is responsible for correspondence, and certainly no reflection on Chris who hunted down the email address. However, this is a poor reflection on the new CEO. The fact that she couldn't establish an email such as "contactlisa" indicates that she doesn't "get it" when it comes to customer service. It doesn't matter if it would be the same team responding. The point is that she should understand that people like to feel connected and she wants to appear to be accessible. This does not bode well for a cruise line, especially one that prides itself on be a cut above, which is all bout service.

Amen! It's all a matter of appearances.

While this isn't LLP's actual email that she uses for everything, I've been assured that this will be checked. Hope this helps.

I had call to use this email address back in March after concerns with a booking I had. It was at the changeover of "contact Michael" and celebrityonetouch. I got a great response from one of the team that monitors the email address. In addition to getting a personal phone call the matter was resolved within hours.

Going to the top definitely works. When an issue identified to the top is delegated down results nearly always happen but an issue entered at the bottom may never get up to the correct decision maker and definitely little follow up.

It is important especially in larger organisations that access to the CEO is possible otherwise too much stuff can get swept under the carpet

I would think she should focus on making the customer service experience excellent for anyone who contacts them at whatever level rather than letting those “in the know” have a way to start at the top of the food chain by offering a special email address.

Twenty years ago, I worked for a national hotel chain in one of their reservation call centers (one of two that served the US and parts of Europe). Customers who were calling us to be transferred to the CEO’s office were instead given a number with an area code that matched the corporate office location. However, that number rang right back to a group of people sitting across the room—it was staffed by agents who had been there a long time and had a little more training/authority to offer resolution. They would even put up a little flag so everyone knew they were on one of those calls. But, the customer was talking to a rep who was 1500 miles from the corporate office by people who had never even met the CEO. Why not cut out the smoke and mirrors and make sure your staff is appropriately escalating issues for everyone?

You said it yourself. They were appropriately trained and had the authority to offer better solutions.

When I had my "problem", I went through all the correct channels. Multiple times. It's when these folks failed to follow through that I wrote to the head of customer service with a copy to the CEO.

The CEO's office agreed with me, and offered a solution that I think was probably beyond what the ordinary customer service rep was able to offer.

I agree that starting with the top doesn't make sense, however, there needs to be a place to escalate to. The buck stops at the CEO.

I had call to use this email address back in March after concerns with a booking I had. It was at the changeover of "contact Michael" and celebrityonetouch. I got a great response from one of the team that monitors the email address. In addition to getting a personal phone call the matter was resolved within hours.

Going to the top definitely works. When an issue identified to the top is delegated down results nearly always happen but an issue entered at the bottom may never get up to the correct decision maker and definitely little follow up.

It is important especially in larger organisations that access to the CEO is possible otherwise too much stuff can get swept under the carpet

Thanks to Chris for following up on this!

Glad to hear that the team handling email to this address seems very responsive and empowered to make decisions. I still intend to start with regular channels for resolving any issues.

I'm satisfied to have this contact info in my "back pocket" in hopes that I only ever need it to email special kudos.

Jane

If my personal experience is a guide. Using the direct email to the president does bring results you don't get elsewhere. Of course Michael Bayley did not handle my issues personally. I'm very happy he had a team of dedicated people handling customer issues.

Me thinks Lisa should do the same...:cool:

I agree, I don't expect Lisa to personally address my issue, but the problem is escalating.

I am trying to upgrade a July 10th booking from Big to Better for $15. I keep getting the response she gave about bookings prior to July 6th to BBB which may involve a fare increase.

The FAQ sheet from Celebrity states: (last page, 3rd from bottom)

Can guests change from Go Big, Go Better and/ or Go Best ?

Yes, as long as the guests stays within the same cabin category. If, they change their cabin category, then they would pay prevailing pricing. To make the change, please call Trade Support to facilitate the change.

The reply I received from a X rep is:

Yes I saw that question (third from the bottom) and it's not correct. I have talked to our revenue team about this as well. It would be re-priced at the prevailing rate.

So, a X Rep states that what X says in their FAQ is wrong??? I felt this was bizzare and/or important enough to contact Lisa's office. I sent it to Concerns@celebrity.com. Hopefully they will address this issue.

Here is the FAQ sent to TA's.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=356173&stc=1&d=1437086203

Am I reading the last page wrong?

15045079_CEL_Big_Better_Best_FAQ_Overview_Flyer.pdf

The X Rep gave me an example of someone who this has issue. He charged them more. I'm not just doing this for me I'm doing it for everybody. If the reps don't understand this they need to be made aware what the rules actually are

The X Rep gave me an example of someone who this has issue. He charged them more. I'm not just doing this for me I'm doing it for everybody. If the reps don't understand this they need to be made aware what the rules actually are

This is precisely the type of issue that should be directed toward the executive support team. There is clearly an internal communication problem between various Celebrity teams.

Celebrity needs constructive criticism when there is a disconnect between marketing and customer service/revenue.

Maybe I'm naive, but I truly believe LLP would want this handled at a high level.

I'm confident that Celebrity will do the right thing and honor the stated offer terms. If the flyer was mis-worded, Celebrity can revise it for the future.

Thanks to Kathy for raising Celebrity Corporate awareness and saving future customers from needing to deal with this issue.

Jane

I sent an e-mail to that address on July 13th and no response at all not even an automated one.

In was in reference to a letter I mailed (the old fashioned way) on June 10 and still have not received a response from that either. I wanted to confirm they received it, so I e-mailed a copy of it.

In the past my letters and e-mails I've sent were responded to much quicker than this. I don't know what this new President is doing, but so far I don't really like any of it.

Project Runway, BBB, the Grass is Greener Picnic Baskets, not responding to Customer's mail or e-mails? Really, what is going on with this company?