luggage tags in color

cruisinpoler

We have never printed ours in color and have always received our luggage on ship in a timely manner. I don't have a luggage tag to look at right now, but the numbers/letters on the tag identify which area of the ship (forward,mid,aft) and then the stateroom number.

no the are fine in black and white. We are sailing soon and I just printed out our luggage tags. Our friends are also sailing with us and I printed theirs out and we have cabins at different areas of the ship and the tags are exactly alike color wise except for bar code and personal detail.

The porters scan the bar code to determine location more than anything then they also have the code at the bottom that identifies deck and where on the ship it is.

Happy sailing.

We're sailing soon too and I printed out our luggage tags. I noticed that Princess is not putting the Captain's Circle loyalty level on the tags anymore. It just says Welcome Aboard. When we were on the Ocean Princess in 2014 it did have the loyalty level on the luggage tag. Just curious. I thought, and maybe I thought incorrectly, that the luggage was sorted based on the loyalty level.

We're sailing soon too and I printed out our luggage tags. I noticed that Princess is not putting the Captain's Circle loyalty level on the tags anymore. It just says Welcome Aboard. When we were on the Ocean Princess in 2014 it did have the loyalty level on the luggage tag. Just curious. I thought, and maybe I thought incorrectly, that the luggage was sorted based on the loyalty level.

I don't think that is the case. The luggage is generally sorted by area on the ship. Makes it much easier to deliver. Why would they sort it by loyalty level?

Maureen

I don't think loyalty level is a factor for delivering bags...at least it's not a factor for my elite level bags which rarely arrive quickly despite boarding ASAP. ;)

Not having it on luggage tags must be a recent change because it was listed when we sailed in April.

Edited by Astro Flyer

The porters scan the bar code to determine location more than anything then they also have the code at the bottom that identifies deck and where on the ship it is.

The only use of the bar code by Princess is a record that the luggage made it onto the ship. The bar code is not used for any sorting purpose.

We're sailing soon too and I printed out our luggage tags. I noticed that Princess is not putting the Captain's Circle loyalty level on the tags anymore. It just says Welcome Aboard. When we were on the Ocean Princess in 2014 it did have the loyalty level on the luggage tag. Just curious.

I do not know why they made the change, but the only loyalty level that prints out now is "Elite." Every other loyalty level gets the "welcome Aboard."

See above in red

I've printed off mine and my moms for our upcoming two cruises. Elite is printed on hers and even though I'm platinum, they just say welcome aboard. As long as the luggage shows up in the cabin, I don't care what it says.

Color makes it easier for the porters, etc to know where to send your bag as it goes to your cabin. While using b&w is fine, it may slow your bags progress.

There is nothing useful in color. The only routing information

is printed in black letters. The rest is just to look pretty.

I have attached a sample.

luggage_tag.jpg.83b2264fc46ee1b0f3f10c9395335290.jpg

I do not know why they made the change, but the only loyalty level that prints out now is "Elite." Every other loyalty level gets the "welcome Aboard."

Thank you. We're Platinum and my last cruise the luggage tags had Platinum on them, but my next cruise does not....guess I'll have to work harder to get to Elite.:D

Thank you. We're Platinum and my last cruise the luggage tags had Platinum on them, but my next cruise does not....guess I'll have to work harder to get to Elite.:D

Gee, all along people have been asking for more elite benefits and now there is one.

Gee, all along people have been asking for more elite benefits and now there is one.

:D

We rarely care when the luggage arrives as long as it arrives before we go to bed. So far, it always arrives before dinner or right after (we usually eat around 6 PM).

I don't think loyalty level is a factor for delivering bags...at least it's not a factor for my elite level bags which rarely arrive quickly despite boarding ASAP. ;)

Not having it on luggage tags must be a recent change because it was listed when we sailed in April.

I agree.

Edited by SteerageJack