EPIC's coming back!!!

SissasMomE

She still will spend her summers in Europe, will the new move have influence on the upcoming drydock (the Fat Cats Beatles club conversion?)?

Its not just Beatles, more a uk themed bar where the Beatles started. My understanding was ncl have a partnership with cavern club to mirror some of their interior so guess that's their plan.

Such exciting news! Epic is the one ship I have wanted to sail on for a long time and Port Canaveral will be so convenient for me.

Tracy

And not the hassle of Miami:) Port Canaveral needs to spiff up and add more things with the bigger ships starting to port and stop here.

OMG OMG OMG OMG!! Christmas has come early!!! So excited!! (And here's another exclamation point for the hell of it: !)

I have wanted to sail the Epic since it was just a whisper but never got a chance, and if I ever did do a Med cruise, I knew that the Epic wasn't the right ship for that type of trip (after trekking Europe all day, who wants to have to trek a megaship to get from the MDR to my room?) I thought I had missed my chance, so I am totally thrilled to hear that she'll be back during winter (which is my fav time to cruise -- fewer kids and crowds)! Woo hoo!

SO happy!

Are they going to do anything with the cabin restroom situation (which I didn't mind) before she comes back? After all, isn't that the main reason that was given for her to be out of the States full time?

That was the main reason that CC members construed. I doubt there was ever any validity to it.

Wow! I am so excited! This was the best Monday ever! Ha ha!

I sailed solo on the Epic in March and fell in love! 😍

I have a solo back to back on the Getaway in Dec 2016 but that TA crossing? I may have to change to that! I'll have to wait until Aug 24 I guess.

I can't wait!

I've always been intrigued by the look of Epic. Would a 3- or 4-day cruise really do her justice, though? I would probably be more inclined to book a B2B so I could have 7 days to explore. And it's been years since I've sailed out of PC.

Heather

I've always been intrigued by the look of Epic. Would a 3- or 4-day cruise really do her justice, though? I would probably be more inclined to book a B2B so I could have 7 days to explore. And it's been years since I've sailed out of PC.

Heather

Epic will be doing 7 day Eastern, 7 day Western Caribbean and the 3/4 day cruises so you're all set :)

Are they going to do anything with the cabin restroom situation (which I didn't mind) before she comes back? After all, isn't that the main reason that was given for her to be out of the States full time?

I highly doubt it. Too much work, too expensive, virtually no room for a standard sized cruise ship bathroom.

The possible gain in revenue is also not measurable so why should they invest?

• 2 weeks later...
Wow, utilizing a less than spectacular ship on a very inconvenient port with "party boat" itineraries.

"Inconvenient" is certainly subjective. When we heard this news, we were thrilled that it was a more convenient port for us.

Wow, utilizing a less than spectacular ship on a very inconvenient port with "party boat" itineraries.

3-4 day epic cruises at PC will be convienent for the party crowd, and they will likely not care about the ship's pluses or minuses.

Its a big party barge and will be affordable...well likely affordable.

What in the world was the "restroom situation" ... I can't imagine, since, I'm sure we are all used to the "limitations" on any ship in the cabin bathrooms.... very curious ;)

This is bitter sweet for me. I love the idea Epic is back in the states in Florida but disappointed she is not coming back to Miami. I would gladly trade Getaway for Epic in Miami.

Epic was in our "back yard" and yet we never sailed, just hearing how wonderful so didn't realize we were missing out :mad:

3-4 day epic cruises at PC will be convienent for the party crowd, and they will likely not care about the ship's pluses or minuses.

Its a big party barge and will be affordable...well likely affordable.

She will be the largest and best beverage revenue maker in the fleet! :)