If you could cruise anywhere?

Cruiser Andi

I'd like to be able to do a round trip through the canal from Fort Lauderdale.

No air segments necessary.

You absolutely can do this on Princess. Just take a full transit from Ft. Lauderdale and make it a B2B by returning on the following cruise back to FLL.

We've done this a few times. :)

LuLu

Well, since you say money is no object... I would do a world cruise every year! After a few years I would have been to all the ports I want to see and had a chance to revisit some of my favorites.

Edited by Scrapnana

There's only one cruise left that I yearn to take, and know it won't happen---money is an object.

That's the Crystal cruise from Nome to NYC, via the Northwest Passage.

I would also love to visit some of the Far East Russia ports that have been offered on various cruises over the years. If someone wants to put them all together, perhaps out of Seattle or Vancouver, I would be happy to book.

I can sail anywhere and I've mostly sailed to the locations that were top of my 'want to list'. I've not been to Asia or Australia/New Zealand but know I won't go there now. I love the Med cruises, Canada/NE, Caribbean, Panama Canal, Alaska and just had a nice cruise to Bermuda. Those are the locations that still interest me to 'revisit.

Edited by sail7seas

Please think about it realistically!

Just because we CAN go anyplace for as long as we wish does not mean we WANT to. ;)

LuLu

Exactly !!!!!

Just because I CAN do a World Cruise does not mean I wish to.

There's only one cruise left that I yearn to take, and know it won't happen---money is an object.

I would also love to visit some of the Far East Russia ports that have been offered on various cruises over the years. If someone wants to put them all together, perhaps out of Seattle or Vancouver, I would be happy to book.

Roy will take us both there then! ;)

Roy will take us both there then! ;)

Yes, and I will be ever grateful for whatever posts he is able to make (he's going to lose Internet service for a good portion of the cruise, I expect). But it won't be the same as bundling up and sitting out on deck experiencing that cruise. :(

Can recommend the Australian Circumnavigation, we did that last year, and will do again next year.

Would you (or someone) share about what is so special about this cruise? Maybe I've made the decision the long flight isn't worth it without really knowing.

A few cruises we haven't done would be at the top of the list:

Arctic (Crystal, with RuthC would be nice)

Galapagos

Baltic and any cruises that go north over the Arctic Circle

Suez Canal

Repeats:

Antarctic, Back to Back over Christmas again

Panama Canal

an exclusive Japan cruise for 2 weeks minimum

Me, too!

Loved Petropavlosk, contrary to most of the pax on my Pacific Rim cruise, apparently. What an interesting adventure! Not your typical cruise port, but that is what made it interesting!

Where would you go? Thought it would be fun to find out places others dream of traveling and why they want to go there. And if money was no object would it change where you wanted to go?

I'll start. I want to go to Europe. I've never been and there are so many fascinating places. I'd love to start in Norway with the fjords.

I'd love to go to the Canadian Artic. There are some small ships that do but I'd have to win the lotto or rob a bank:eek:

Would you (or someone) share about what is so special about this cruise? Maybe I've made the decision the long flight isn't worth it without really knowing.

We thought that the 34 day cruise was a good mix of sea and port days, visiting some interesting ports and of course Komodo Island to see the dragons.

The Indonesian crew were so happy to back in their homeland, at Benoa HAL set up a marquee on the wharf where they gave relatives of the crew who lived nearby and able to visit, a buffet lunch, then the crew members could show their visiting families around the ship.

At Burnie, Tasmania the newly elected Mayor, greeted all the passengers when stepping ashore.

There were two overnight stops, Fremantle (Perth) and Melbourne.

Total distance sailed was 8160 nautical miles.

For us a bonus was a short(3 hour) flight to Sydney to embark!

Edited by erewhon

One good thing is only 1 long flight with the wonderful sea days from No America. The terrain is amazing and so variable from north to south and east to west. You get to experience the wonderful aborigines and cuddling koalas, cosmopolitan Sydney, Melbourne (just voted best city to live in), the Great Barrier Reef and the west coast. Have found that if you stay on, it is actually cheaper to fly home from Singapore or Hong Kong, even factoring in the extra cruise costs.

Egypt has always been high on my list. I'm still waiting for a good time to go. I'm in my fifties and fear that may not happen in my lifetime.

Other than that, still haven't done extensive Norway or Antarctica. Those will pretty much complete the seas for me. Repeats are always welcome, though, too.

:)

Egypt has always been high on my list. I'm still waiting for a good time to go. I'm in my fifties and fear that may not happen in my lifetime.

Other than that, still haven't done extensive Norway or Antarctica. Those will pretty much complete the seas for me. Repeats are always welcome, though, too.

:)

My university alumni group is offering an excellent land and Nile River cruise in Egypt so it looks like some people are starting to go back into this fascinating country. I would reasonably expect they took the most prudent and cautious choice when making this university sanctioned travel offer.

Other cruise lines offer stops at Safaga that allow a day trip into Luxor. So don't give up hope about seeing Egypt - it is like no other. I hope you get there. Looks like things are starting to thaw --with due caution and trust in the agency taking you there.

Our recent trip to Norway included going over the top and on into the Russian White Sea to Archangel and the haunting Solovetsky Islands in the White Sea - highly recommended and not sure if HAL ever goes there but that would be a very welcome addition for a Grand Norway cruise.

We thought that the 34 day cruise was a good mix of sea and port days, visiting some interesting ports and of course Komodo Island to see the dragons.

The Indonesian crew were so happy to back in their homeland, at Benoa HAL set up a marquee on the wharf where they gave relatives of the crew who lived nearby and able to visit, a buffet lunch, then the crew members could show their visiting families around the ship.

At Burnie, Tasmania the newly elected Mayor, greeted all the passengers when stepping ashore.

There were two overnight stops, Fremantle (Perth) and Melbourne.

Total distance sailed was 8160 nautical miles.

For us a bonus was a short(3 hour) flight to Sydney to embark!

One good thing is only 1 long flight with the wonderful sea days from No America. The terrain is amazing and so variable from north to south and east to west. You get to experience the wonderful aborigines and cuddling koalas, cosmopolitan Sydney, Melbourne (just voted best city to live in), the Great Barrier Reef and the west coast. Have found that if you stay on, it is actually cheaper to fly home from Singapore or Hong Kong, even factoring in the extra cruise costs.

Thank you both. You make it sound appealing but that long flight is such a major turn off for me. That's a long flight especially as a solo.

My university alumni group is offering an excellent land and Nile River cruise in Egypt so it looks like some people are starting to go back into this fascinating country. I would reasonably expect they took the most prudent and cautious choice when making this university sanctioned travel offer.

Other cruise lines offer stops at Safaga that allow a day trip into Luxor. So don't give up hope about seeing Egypt - it is like no other. I hope you get there. Looks like things are starting to thaw --with due caution and trust in the agency taking you there.

Our recent trip to Norway included going over the top and on into the Russian White Sea to Archangel and the haunting Solovetsky Islands in the White Sea - highly recommended and not sure if HAL ever goes there but that would be a very welcome addition for a Grand Norway cruise.

Thank you for the excellent food for thought, OlsSalt.