Unlimited drinks on Norwegian Gem

whycantifind

I am told that even with the unlimited drink package, you still need to sign for every drink. Does anyone know if they list everything you drank on your final bill even though it is included. My wife and are traveling with my mother in law who doesn't drink too much. We would like to indulge a bit on vacation but don't want her to know how much.

Edited by whycantifind

I am told that even with the unlimited drink package, you still need to sign for every drink. Does anyone know if they list everything you drank on your final bill even though it is included. My wife and are traveling with my mother in law who doesn't drink too much. We would like to indulge a bit on vacation but don't want her to know how much.

LMAO. You're joking, right? Is she going to punish you and send you to your cabin early?

LOL...no, they don't show up on the final bill at all. You may see a few very small amounts for NY drink taxes on the drinks if you order drinks before you are under the verizanno bridge.

Edited by Got Tequila?

Bills can be made confidential if you ask the front desk, I don't know how the charges show up on the sail and sign card but your bill and your MIL should not share the same account and if you don't want anyone else to see your bill then that is your right. Maybe someone on here can answer specifically if every drink purchased shows up on your sail and sign but your best bet is to give a quick call to NCL. The only other issue I see with this would be the fact that your MIL can just see the drinks you're having in person...she doesn't have to see the bill to know that you have had drinks on the duration of your cruise. Either way, all the best of luck, MIL's can be tough! ;)

On your final printout it will show a line item for each purchase. It will not say what drink, just the location of the purchase. ( example: atrium bar, spice H2O bar, ect...)

Not if you have the Ultimate Beverage Package......the only thing that will show on your final bill is the location and the taxes for any drinks you got before the ship leaves the US. Or if you bought any drinks over the $11 max price....then any amount over $11 plus the 18% grat will be on your bill.

If your mother in law's account is separate from yours, there is no reason that she would even see your account's billing.

Wow, while I do appreciate all the responses, I am now even more confused as no one seems to agree. I have seen responses that nothing will show, to only time, location and taxes, to everything. Anyone else want to chime in.

I won't got into personal detail but there is a good chance my mother-in-law will see the bill and no she won't throw me out of the family, but for personal reasons we just would prefer that she does not see that we went out and had a couple of martinis each.

It is the Ultimate Package, but I just read the fine print and I don't see what the difference would be, it is still unlimited for drinks under $11. Did I miss something.

You didn't miss anything...the person who gave you that answer is the one who missed something.

Wow, while I do appreciate all the responses, I am now even more confused as no one seems to agree. I have seen responses that nothing will show, to only time, location and taxes, to everything. Anyone else want to chime in.

I won't got into personal detail but there is a good chance my mother-in-law will see the bill and no she won't throw me out of the family, but for personal reasons we just would prefer that she does not see that we went out and had a couple of martinis each.

If you buy a drink when the ship is located in an area that requires them to collect sales taxes (some cities, but not all) then a line for the tax will show up on the final bill. Otherwise the final bill should show nothing. For example when the Gem is within the limits of NY City, the cruise line is required to charge sales tax on the drinks.

Okay, I hope my response didn't confuse you. We always saw our drink charges for the day when checking our account in the evening, but then they vanished (were zeroed out) during the nights. At the end of the cruise, nothing appeared on our final account statement.

No worries...a MIL will be able to tell how much you're drinking WITHOUT seeing a bill!.. trust me on that!

Not when it is a 10pm and she is asleep. Trust me on that. I assure you we are not lushes drinking all day. We have our 9 year old daughter with us as well. The issue is a little complicated and personal.

Okay, I hope my response didn't confuse you. We always saw our drink charges for the day when checking our account in the evening, but then they vanished (were zeroed out) during the nights. At the end of the cruise, nothing appeared on our final account statement.

No pizza, your response did not confuse me and I appreciate it. What confused me is that others had different experiences than you did.

OK, so I called NCL and got the scoop. The final bill WILL have every drink itemized. This is relatively new, thus the varying responses I got. Thanks for to all who chimed in.

Interesting since I just got off the Sky 4 days ago and the only "drinks" are port taxes on my bill. :D The phone reps get it wrong more often than not. :eek:

Edited by peg013

If you called the 800 number and asked, you got the wrong answer. There will be no itemized list of your drinks on your final bill. The call center agents have never cruised (well maybe a few of them have), but they have no clue as to what happens to a guest on board the ship.

Even if they did list them, unless your MIL is paying for the cruise, she would not see your bill.

If you called the 800 number and asked, you got the wrong answer. There will be no itemized list of your drinks on your final bill. The call center agents have never cruised (well maybe a few of them have), but they have no clue as to what happens to a guest on board the ship.

Even if they did list them, unless your MIL is paying for the cruise, she would not see your bill.

You are correct that the agents don't know a lot. When I asked first he said no. Then, I asked if he was sure and he said no but he would check with a manager. He did and came back and said it was a new policy and it would show. Sounds legit.

You are correct that the agents don't know a lot. When I asked first he said no. Then, I asked if he was sure and he said no but he would check with a manager. He did and came back and said it was a new policy and it would show. Sounds legit.

There have been numerous occasions when even supervisors have given out false information. While that ("new policy") is possible, I too find it very hard to before - if every drink was listed, the bill would multiply in length from already long bill (we have often had multiple pages) for those that have a lot of bar or any other charges.

Edited by Demonyte