Three Adults in One Room

bbgran190

We are beginning to organize a "Girls" cruise to Alaska for 2016. There is a possibility of an odd number of participants. Has anyone tried to have three adults share one room (inside room thru balcony stateroom levels). Would be very interested in your comments

Here's the link to a recent thread about this very situation, http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2246124 Lots of viewpoints here.

With a little organization, it can be done. I spend 15 days in an oceanview cabin with my dad and aunt, and we're all still speaking to each other.:D

In November, I'll be sharing an inside with my two aunts, for a 7-day coastal cruise. We don't spend much time in the cabin, so I don't think it will be a problem.

Example:

showing base prices, without port fees and taxes, etc, just to give a general idea.

7 day Inside Passage with Tracy Arm

Balcony would be $646 each for 3 people. SOME cabins come with a pullman for the 3rd person. I think this would be pretty tight for 3 adults.

Mini-Suite would be $749 each for 3 people. Has the bed (can be 2 twins it looks like) and has a sofa-bed. Still a wee bit tight but probably doable.

Suite would be $937 each for 3 people. Bed and sofa-bed like the mini-suite but with more room. This looks like it would be more comfortable for 3 adults.

I have only sailed twice. Once in a balcony and once in a mini-suite. The mini-suite would have been okay for three adults (a little tight but manageable), but the balcony would have been very crowded. We had my 7 year old son in with us, and it still felt overcrowded.

Better be very friendly going into the cruise.:)

Size of the room not-withstanding....

1) Who likes to sleep in and would be bothered by one who is up at the crack of dawn?

2) Who snores?

3) Anyone use a cpap machine?

4) Who is really really neat and who is really really messy?

Those things might matter more!

HLR

I did a California Coastal last year with 2 friends. We had a mini-suite, which was the last one on the emerald deck so it had the extended balcony. The couch is a fold out bed, so no one had to sleep on a roll away and we had the twin beds.

I found having the larger bathroom as there is a bathtub easier, as there was more room for 3 women and their different products,and having the sitting area and the larger balcony worked out perfectly. There was plenty of storage for our belongings, but then it was only a 4 nite cruise, so we didn't have that much.:D

We did it three times. First in a mini suite, of course no problems there. Second trip was an OV, and that was fine too. Last trip was an inside cabin on the Ruby. We do not spend alot of time in our cabin, would rather be out and about on the ship. We all three like to read a bit before turning in at night, and often have a room service snack at bedtime. We are not fussy, and did not have a problem with the inside either. Its important not to be slobs, leaving things lying about. It worked for us.

The tricky part is that they could end up with a rollaway and no additional berths to choose from. :(

Just curious, when you say rollaway are you referring to those cots that fold up in a "U" shape and can be "rolled away"? ;) Is it kept in the room at all times? I would think that would take up a lot of floor space.

Done it a few times and there is often a overhead bed involved. The pre cruise discussion includes "who is going to sleep in the pull out?" Lots of ideas but as seas get rough "Good, old dad" ends up there-"But just for tonight"-Yeah right!:D

LOL, we do it by age, and the youngest gets the upper bunk (and I'm always the youngest). I did snag extra closet space though.;)

Just curious, when you say rollaway are you referring to those cots that fold up in a "U" shape and can be "rolled away"? ;) Is it kept in the room at all times? I would think that would take up a lot of floor space.

Yes the fold up cot. Yes it stays in the room (in a balcony usually behind the curtain). You should see how much it takes up when its made up for the night.

Its dangerous and a fire hazard. IMO. :rolleyes:

And I don't care how much padding you have Stewart put on them they are terrible. :(

On one cruise my son ended up putting it on the balcony. In the Caribbean he woke up in a big time sweat with the sun beating down on him.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Yes the fold up cot. Yes it stays in the room (in a balcony usually behind the curtain). You should see how much it takes up when its made up for the night.

Its dangerous and a fire hazard. IMO. :rolleyes:

And I don't care how much padding you have Stewart put on them they are terrible. :(

On one cruise my son ended up putting it on the balcony. In the Caribbean he woke up in a big time sweat with the sun beating down on him.

WOW, I'm trying to picture what the room looks like when it's made up. Sound like a 3 Stooges episode. :D

We are beginning to organize a "Girls" cruise to Alaska for 2016. There is a possibility of an odd number of participants. Has anyone tried to have three adults share one room (inside room thru balcony stateroom levels). Would be very interested in your comments

Three adults in one cabin, we've done it not in a hurry to do it again.

Three girls with the one tiny little bathroom:eek::eek::eek: