Deployment 2017/18 - first guesses and implications

It just would be nice if Royal would put out itineraries for Empress past July 23,2016 already. It is already May 3rd already. It is clear, that Royal has no interest in doing the type of cruise that FATHOM via Carnival is doing, the "Immersion Cultural Exchange" or they would have put something together to do that already.

Perhaps they feel that the type of cruiser they market to isn't interested in that type of cruise.....I can only say that we are not.

You have my sympathies, we loyalty matched with MSC and booked B2B purely because Royal haven't got it together.

You have my sympathies, we loyalty matched with MSC and booked B2B purely because Royal haven't got it together.

No reason for your sympathies....I have other cruises booked with Royal, but would be interested in what they have in August for Empress. Booking with MSC, as you did, is fine....but don't make the excuse of 'Royal haven't got it together'. Life is full of choices and alternatives, and YOU made yours.

It appears that Cuba has been dropped for Empress with the Havana bookings pushed back until at least May of 2017, falling in the next deployment season.

It looks like Empress has port stops at Cozumel and 'Haiti' now among others.

At the financial call last week they were talking about the move with Thomson cruises being re-branded as TUI ships and the fact that the Ctrip partnership was very successful considering they only had one ship.

They mentioned how well the TUI Discovery had been excepted by the UK market. The former Splendour is in dry dock at Cadiz.

It seems that RCI may be pulling both Vision from Dubai and that Legend was pulled from Brisbane planned deployment.

It seems the Legend reference as 'other Caribbean' has been removed now from the UK website.

I wonder if this could indicate that RCL might move Legend and Vision to TUI for deployment at Thomson Cruise.

This would allow the Mein Schiff 1 and 2, both former Celebrity Century class ships to join their sister ship at SkySea in China, rather than moving them to TUI for deployment with Thomson as planned in 2018.

It was interesting to note as well at the conference call last week that Pullmantur was the best performing line now and that the Spanish market was showing strength and it was positive that they had limited their 'exposure' to South America.

This could indicate that the future planned move of Majesty to Pullmantur could move forward at some point, maybe in 2018. Vision or Legend could also take Majesty's spot at PC.

As always, thanks for the information.

The sale of Legend to Thompson/TUI would not surprise me in the least, especially because of the Splendour move. I knew something was up with Legend when she wasn't able to be tracked on many port schedules, and honestly, it didn't really make sense for her to head back to the Caribbean, although I wouldn't have complained.

We can also take into account Oasis IV, supposedly entering service in 2018, and Quantum IV, supposedly entering the fleet in 2019. That is a large capacity increase.

The sale of Vision would be be a little more surprising IMO, especially because she is the 'newest' of the class. Is there evidence that she won't be heading to Dubai following her 2017 season in the Med?

You also make a good point about Majesty. Vision could be her replacement in PC. There was news recently of someone from Pullmantur mentioning the transfer of Majesty, but RCI denied it (I tend to think they do that if news comes out before their scheduled announcement date, but that's a different story). However, that makes me wonder why she is dry dock now getting a Splashaway Bay.

You also make a good point about Majesty. Vision could be her replacement in PC. There was news recently of someone from Pullmantur mentioning the transfer of Majesty, but RCI denied it (I tend to think they do that if news comes out before their scheduled announcement date, but that's a different story). However, that makes me wonder why she is dry dock now getting a Splashaway Bay.

Let's see if they actually put a Splashaway Bay on Her Majesty during this short dry dock. If they do it, as I hope they do, it will be to add something more for families that have small children to do onboard.

Time will tell!

Let's see if they actually put a Splashaway Bay on Her Majesty during this short dry dock. If they do it, as I hope they do, it will be to add something more for families that have small children to do onboard.

Time will tell!

Well that and the poolside movie screen are really the only two major upgrades. (And Voom)

After much backtracking on the refurbishment, what is on the website will happen, IMO.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

No reason for your sympathies....I have other cruises booked with Royal, but would be interested in what they have in August for Empress. Booking with MSC, as you did, is fine....but don't make the excuse of 'Royal haven't got it together'. Life is full of choices and alternatives, and YOU made yours.

Wow. That's unnecessarily snarky! And yes, that really is my reason despite what you may think, but thanks for your input anyway.

Wow. That's unnecessarily snarky! And yes, that really is my reason despite what you may think, but thanks for your input anyway.

There was no reason for your sympathies to me, no one died....I will just continue to wait for itineraries to come out -- so I can make MY choices, just like you did.

As always, thanks for the information.

The sale of Vision would be be a little more surprising IMO, especially because she is the 'newest' of the class. Is there evidence that she won't be heading to Dubai following her 2017 season in the Med?

Only evidence so far is the fact that RCI have now removed Dubai from the Deployment schedule.

http://loyaltoyoualways.com/deployment/

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Deployment/2017_2018/16048646_2017_2018_Deployment_Opening_Schedule.pdf

Only evidence so far is the fact that RCI have now removed Dubai from the Deployment schedule.

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Deployment/2017_2018/16048646_2017_2018_Deployment_Opening_Schedule.pdf

WOW.....certainly interesting.

Could it be an error? I know, so unlike Royal. :rolleyes:

I've just checked the Dubai port schedule and there are no Royal Caribbean ships scheduled for 2018, only Celebrity and Azamara (plus other lines). Disappointing news for us as we were hoping to do Dubai again in 2018 :(

I've just checked the Dubai port schedule and there are no Royal Caribbean ships scheduled for 2018, only Celebrity and Azamara (plus other lines). Disappointing news for us as we were hoping to do Dubai again in 2018 :(

I'm currently booked on Celebrity Constellation in March out of Abu Dhabi, with Overnights in Dubai. I know, not RC but still a good itinerary.

Four weeks ago I booked April 22 & 27, 2018 Navigator. Shortly after they removed these sailings.

It appears these two sailings are a 'no-go'

I just received a pair of emails for each of my sailings with my options

Here is my options for the April 27, 2018 sailing

*** note they have the wrong year of sailing in the body of the email :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Dear Valued Guest,

We understand your cruise vacation is extremely valuable to you and your family and we are sorry to inform you that the April 27, 2016 sailing of Royal Caribbean Navigator of the Seas sailing has been cancelled. As a result of this change, your reservation will need to be reaccommodated. We understand any disappointment this may cause, and we will personally reach out to you to ensure the best possible solution is reached.

If you have questions or concerns that need to be addressed before we contact you, you are more than welcome to call on our special help desk. The desk is available now and will remain available to assist you with your reservation until May 23, 2016. We can be reached by calling the following number: 1-888-281-9377.

Shown below is the compensation package we are offering due to these circumstances. Our agents will cover these options with you when contacted.

· Re-book on the select sailings below in the same stateroom category at the same protected rate you are currently booked at or for the lowest available cruise fare, whichever is lower.

o Price protection is limited to the cruise fare only. Taxes, fees, gratuities and other non-cruise fare items are subject to prevailing rates regardless of the sailing chosen.

o Select Sailings

§ Navigator of the Seas - March 2, 2018

§ Navigator of the Seas - March 16, 2018

§ Navigator of the Seas – March 30, 2018

· Any other Royal Caribbean sailing can be booked at prevailing rates.

· $200 onboard credit per standard stateroom, $400 onboard credit for suites when you rebook any Royal Caribbean sailing.

Please note that if you choose to cancel, a full refund for amounts paid will be processed to the original form of payment. However, you will not receive any of the above compensation.

Thank you for your understanding. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused, and we hope to welcome you onboard soon.

Sincerely,

Royal Caribbean International®

Four weeks ago I booked April 22 & 27, 2018 Navigator. Shortly after they removed these sailings.

*** note they have the wrong year of sailing in the body of the email :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Dear Valued Guest,

We understand your cruise vacation is extremely valuable to you and your family and we are sorry to inform you that the April 27, 2016 sailing of Royal Caribbean Navigator of the Seas sailing has been cancelled. As a result of this change, your reservation will need to be reaccommodated. We understand any disappointment this may cause, and we will personally reach out to you to ensure the best possible solution is reached.

If you have questions or concerns that need to be addressed before we contact you, you are more than welcome to call on our special help desk. The desk is available now and will remain available to assist you with your reservation until May 23, 2016. We can be reached by calling the following number: 1-888-281-9377.

Shown below is the compensation package we are offering due to these circumstances. Our agents will cover these options with you when contacted.

· Re-book on the select sailings below in the same stateroom category at the same protected rate you are currently booked at or for the lowest available cruise fare, whichever is lower.

o Price protection is limited to the cruise fare only. Taxes, fees, gratuities and other non-cruise fare items are subject to prevailing rates regardless of the sailing chosen.

o Select Sailings

· $200 onboard credit per standard stateroom, $400 onboard credit for suites when you rebook any Royal Caribbean sailing.

Please note that if you choose to cancel, a full refund for amounts paid will be processed to the original form of payment. However, you will not receive any of the above compensation.

Thank you for your understanding. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused, and we hope to welcome you onboard soon.

Sincerely,

It would be nice if they put in the correct year in the email Emmy. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Dear Valued Guest,

o Select Sailings

Sincerely,

sucks nevertheless. Wonder why. Charter?

Edited by CRUISEBOY305

It would be nice if they put in the correct year in the email Emmy. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Going to visit Next Cruise here on Oasis to see if I can book something other than a Navigator sailing and receive the onboard credit

sucks nevertheless. Wonder why. Charter?

That time frame is about the time she does a TA sailing. I had a 5 night and 9 night booked. Europe?? elsewhere?? charter?? start the guesses :)

Going to visit Next Cruise here on Oasis to see if I can book something other than a Navigator sailing and receive the onboard credit

You should be able to. We transferred our third cancelled Rhapsody to Oasis for the OBC

I believe it says that in the letter you received. We received the same thing when our Ovation Nov 2016 cruise was cancelled and when I called was told I would get the OBC for any booking I made but we decided on one of their alternatives.

I believe it says that in the letter you received. We received the same thing when our Ovation Nov 2016 cruise was cancelled and when I called was told I would get the OBC for any booking I made but we decided on one of their alternatives.

Since I am on a ship now the Next Criuise desk agent wrote a note to guest services for me to use their phone to call RCI about the issue. I also would like all the deposit monies from the 2 Navigator sailings to be transferred to the new booking I will make onboard

So they are giving 200.00 OBC for a cruise cancelled a year in advance but gave 50.00 to us Empress first round of cancellations with a few weeks notice.

Hard to understand but what can you do.

Good Luck Emmy, but from the letter you received it seems like it should be no problem.

Dear Valued Guest,

o Select Sailings

Sincerely,

Thanks for the info. We have one sailing for next year they has gone "sold out" so we suspect we will get a similar notice.